ZapGon(An OU 2v2 warstory)

I agree about 6v6, but using Singles tiers for a Doubles metagame just seems so silly to me. I think my ideal doubles meta would basically be VGC10 with 6v6 and the restricted pkmn outright banned.
So basically VGC09 but 6v6? I think VGC10 would work out better. I think the restricted pokemon actually balanced each other out quite nicely. Only pokemon I see being banned would be Darkrai (Base 125 Speed Dark Void is not fair and Sleep Clause in doubles is really stupid seeing sleep is not as bad in Doubles as UU.) and Arceus. All the pokmeon on the banned list were those which you needed to go to an event/use a Wifi Event to get. Keep a restricted list though and item clause, lets there be more innovation and the restricted pokemon balanced each other out.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So basically VGC09 but 6v6? I think VGC10 would work out better. I think the restricted pokemon actually balanced each other out quite nicely. Only pokemon I see being banned would be Darkrai (Base 125 Speed Dark Void is not fair and Sleep Clause in doubles is really stupid seeing sleep is not as bad in Doubles as UU.) and Arceus. All the pokmeon on the banned list were those which you needed to go to an event/use a Wifi Event to get. Keep a restricted list though and item clause, lets there be more innovation and the restricted pokemon balanced each other out.
Personally, what I feel is that we should start 6v6 doubles with every Uber excluding Garchomp and Mence banned, and then start suspect testing. The reason I'm excluding Chomp and Mence is because their EQs are nerfed in doubles, and there are enough Blizzards being chucked around to significantly weaken them. However, its purely my personal opinion.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I also agree. It's refreshing to see OU Doubles :]. It's cool to see that Flygon is still great in Doubles, just like in 386 play.

This was a pretty good warstory, although I have a dying question. Why would you put THUNDER on a Starmie? Was it specifically to counter RD teams or something? Because T-bolt is probably the most reliable thing to go with. And the hax at the beginning, such as the Thunder actually hitting and then getting a crit kinda messed up the beginning.

Nonetheless, this was an interesting read. 8.5/10

Very well written and all of that good stuff, but the actual battle was kinda chips. It's refreshing to see a Double Battle one though, so I'm actually hoping for some better battles in the future.

Very cool to see a 2v2 warstory.

One question, though. Why did Flygon have Bug Bite? It seems like a rather odd choice of move. I'd expect Crunch.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Artemisian: I have a Wide Lens on Starmie. The basic reason is for power, since I do not have a Life Orb on it, due to it cutting off a bit too much HP for comfort.

@petrie111: Bug Bite is for Celebi. It hits it harder, and also sees situational use for eating Sitrus Berries to counteract Life Orb.

@Artemisian: I have a Wide Lens on Starmie. The basic reason is for power, since I do not have a Life Orb on it, due to it cutting off a bit too much HP for comfort.
Try Expert Belt with T-bolt. That way you avoid LO damage and still get extra punch on all your SE moves, and Starmie hits everything in the universe either neutral or SE.

It is refreshing seeing a doubles battle warstory, but there were a few parts of the battle that made me frown and felt lackluster, such as a critical hit Thunder right from the start. I think a better battle could've been chosen, but the formatting and comments were not bad at all. For that reason, I gave this a 4/5. Cheers.

Personally, what I feel is that we should start 6v6 doubles with every Uber excluding Garchomp and Mence banned, and then start suspect testing. The reason I'm excluding Chomp and Mence is because their EQs are nerfed in doubles, and there are enough Blizzards being chucked around to significantly weaken them. However, its purely my personal opinion.
I recall reading in a doubles article on the Smog that Latios isn't banned either. Though I assume the soul dew clause is still in effect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)