SM OU Z Kommo-O + ProGren Balance (1700+)

Hi guys. Here is my Balance based around Mega Lopunny. Please let me know what you think, and if what can be improved. I think the team is quite easy to play and is also a lot of fun to watch mega Lopunny make the opponents sweat.

The Team:​

(Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack/Thunder Punch​

We start with the queen of the team. Personally, I think Mega Lopunny is such a cool Pokémon in the Ou. It has a wonderful speed worth and also very good coverage. I play as well as the standard set because I'm not a real fan of Encore and the same. But I like to play the double prio because you can kill Scarfer so easily While Thunder Punch is also a good option for Gyarados and Celesteela to stop lopunny otherwise While Thunder Punch is also a good option for Celesteela the Lopunny can otherwise stop.

(Greninja) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes/Rock Slide​

Scarf Gren is a very nice partner to Lopunny He can kill as much as Zapdos and Ramoth that can be a danger to Lopunny especially if Romoth gets himself boosted that's a wonderful thing to take him out Taking out all the tapus is also very valuable. U-turn is easy to bring Pokemon in in some situations. The 80 points in SpA are for killing a Kartana with ice beam

(Tornadus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog​

This is actually the normal pivot set With tornadus it is there to bring Lopunny safely into the game and also to check physically mons.

(Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect​

The next in line is Tapu-Bulu In my opinion a very good mon I play a special Def version of Bulu. Bulu's job is simply to give Heatran a bit more hold and heal the other pokemon like Lopunny as the mons are very prone to hazards Bulu should also be a good check for lele as you can look at what it is lying down with the protect and get 12% healing. He is also responsible for checking many water mons and being the king against rain teams

(Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 176 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic​

That's so the baby in the team he's in charge of removing the whole stable mons that can annoy against the team Heatran is a wonderful stable breaker he trapps important mons in the stable team so it's easier for the other mons to get the bulu the grass felt outside also less damage from ground attacks and heals each round by 12%

(Kommo-o) @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab/Thunder Punch​

Let's come to the last mon Kommo-o is such a good mon with the Z-Move it is mostly with me for so to take a lot out in the middle of the game to then make it easier for the team of threats to make it defeated also very well rain I decided for a stealth rocks variant because it works very well and i Heatran did not want to garbage full tasks .

Last words

I hope you liked the little performance and you try the team out I'm very open to criticism as it's my first contribution and I hope I've described it all well.

The Team

Last edited:
You mention that one of Thunder Punch's targets is Pex, but Return actually deals marginally more damage.

252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 120-142 (39.4 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 118-140 (38.8 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

I'll admit that it's nice for Celesteela, as while it's weaker than High Jump Kick, it also doesn't have to worry about Protect. However, since you already have Heatran's Magma Storm and Kommo-o's Close Combat to threaten Celesteela, I don't think Thunder Punch is worth it.

DrPumpkinz Yes, I did not read that until after the calculation, but I can say that it is good against Gyarados I just said it for an example because I would prefer quick attack anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)