Programming X-act's Defense Effort Value Applet

I don't know if this belongs here, but a couple of years ago, user X-act created a nifty tool to assign the most productive effort value spread for defensive pokemons. Since he is no longer active, and his website no longer exists, many of his tools have dissapeared. I wanted to share that I've found a site with his applet in another language, but still fully functional (although I'd like to confirm the core formula still applies to XY as it did before).

http://pokestudio.altervista.org/defevs.php

X-act said:
On the left hand side of the applet, input your Pokemon's base HP, base Defense, base Special Defense, and the amount of EVs you have left. You can also enter its HP IV, Defense IV and Special Defense IV, as well as the Pokemon's Level. If the Pokemon has the Intimidate trait or the Marvel Scale, click on the respective checkbox. If the Pokemon holds Soul Dew or Metal Powder, click on its checkbox. (For Deepseascale, you can click on the Soul Dew checkbox to achieve the same effect.) If the Pokemon already has a nature assigned to it, choose it from the drop down list, otherwise you can let the applet find the best Pokemon nature that maximises its defenses by choosing Find Best (it will always choose a nature that boosts its Defense or its Special Defense). You can adjust your EV bias from the slider; moving it more towards Defense makes the applet take care of defense more than Special Defense, and vice versa. You can also input any number of Defense or Special Defense stat modifiers from the respective choice boxes. Click on Find EVs to find the best defensive EVs using the data you're entered. The best EVs and the corresponding stats will be displayed on the grey part of the applet on the right hand side, together with the best nature if you had chosen to find the best nature possible. The Reset button, of course, clears all the values that have been entered.

Kudos to the creators, and if anyone has x-act's offline version, please let me know.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Out of curiosity, is there any way to retrieve the applet from this site? I've used it a bunch already but if it goes down we have no way of using it again, and it's a great tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)