ORAS NU Without me - 1847 Peak (っ•.•)っ

So sup people, this team did some serious work on ladder and I have some pretty amazing statistics with it, I wouldn't have rmt'd it but for the fact there is a list of cum sponge's who stole it... so I thought I'd peak and pass it on...
Proof of peak:

So the team's concept is based around a standard ladder core in Steelix, Vileplume and Hariyama:

+
+

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Steelix's set is pretty calculated and it's the SD zard check on the team, so it needs toxic as the filler and 4th move, whilst also the initial switch in to specsprit, hence a little more spdef than the normal steelix spread. It needs toxic in order to beat charizard, but you need to check for item before the game in team preview. Heavy slam and EQ is standard steelix whilst also rocker, whilst also the normal resist and it is important it is kept healthy in order to keep tauros in check.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 216 Atk / 220 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
So a standard Hariyama set, however with a tonne of speed creep in order to outspeed piloswine's standard speed creep, whilst also used for revenge killing, knocking off vileplume's black sludge's to win the vile vs vile wars and is the ice check for aurorus's and to break sash's from jynx / vivillon. Also important that Hariyama is kept around for late game as its priority is incredibly useful. It is also the only sort of piloswine check on the team, so it's important to bring it on the icicle crash / rocks and to get pilo low as the standard core is weakened and threatened a lot by its stab coverage.

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Moonlight
- Worry Seed
Vileplume defensive, with a slight speed creep in order to ensure you win the vile vs vile wars. Worry seed is by far the best 4th move for this team since malamar 6-0's without it, whilst also incredibly useful for gurdurr + hariyama's who carry guts. Generally the best physical blob in the tier due to reliable recovery and effect spore, can tank kanga's double edges for days and the second tauros check on the team.

Next on the agenda are the filler mons who fill up the rest of the team, which made me think of more mons that have reliable recovery and are bulky / hard as hell to kill... so there were only a couple of mons that fit the bill.

+

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
Clef clef was perfect for this core as a previous way of beating the classic yama cores was to wear down the fire checks and force sacks, however clef is perfect as it is bulky as hell whilst also having reliable recovery and knock off / t-wave utility which make it absolutely hell to play against and amazing to use in action. Clef is the "go-to" fire check in being a reliable switch in for specs pyroar / zard, standard av mortar etc. Having knock off is perfect for Weezing's which are a pain, hence getting rid of any recovery and with the amount of reliable recovery in this team, you outlast the opposing team most of the time, which makes it perfect for ladder battles. This is also the hitmonchan check, so it is important you keep it at 100% to 100% switch in.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost
There's nothing special about this spread, but for the fact that it speed creeps base 70's with a modest / adamant nature such as samurott. CM xatu is the stall breaker for the team and it doesn't need to be used to switch in to any particular mons, except for hazards. A lot of the time, it manages to stay healthy but for times when you are preventing hazards from ferroseeds, steelixs or defensive garbs. It is important you do not switch it in on Rhydon's as DD don can potentially 6-0 the team if you do as xatu cannot touch it, hence it is best to give up rocks if this is the case as the team for the most part doesn't mind about rocks.

And finally - the filler mon that made this team not weak to barrier musharna and in general a revenge killer:

Liepard @ Choice Band
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Seed Bomb
Liepard's job for the team is generally to be a revenge killer whilst also a pursuit trapper to make sure people cannot keep sacks, to trap and harm things like xatu's, musharna's, mismagius' and weakened vivi's or jynx's that have had sash's broken. It has seed bomb as Rhydon is very threatening to the team if vile gets critted or weakened, so being able to revenge kill it is important. However, most games I don't even use liepard, however it just makes the job easier having a powerful revenge killer in the back.

In general this team has already seen a lot of coverage but here are a few notable replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-450519589 - mirror match vs a turd sucker who stole my team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-444101320 - dealing with sd zard + hyper offense
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-442093625 - My favorite game ever - after getting frozen i come back with a clutch as fuck win as he chokes a few times.

Shoutouts -
To the bellends who stole my team Rozes, ASIM, Lcans, Ominous, some other plebs who i don't even know...
Dibs The Dreamer - I love you.
HJAD - I also love you.
Shaneghoul - I also love you.
cryalot - You get the jist, love etc.
Yogibears - And yeah, you too, love blah de blah.

To all the NU room who were afraid to ladder but kept giving me points.
To all the PU guys who probably miss me because I'm on my break.
To all the tournament guys who I have played SPL, WCOP and other tours with.
In general there are so many people that I love but I can't be bothered to tag, but you know who you are.

Hope you all enjoyed the read, pls at least like this if you intend to steal the team xd.
importable:
Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 216 Atk / 220 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Moonlight
- Worry Seed

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Liepard @ Choice Band
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Seed Bomb

Thank you for the love, its appreciated :3

DD Rhydon is annoying, running copycat prankster liepard > seed bomb limber in order to have a relevant way of taking it on assuming he gets a favourable roll on the Vileplume with EQ at +2. You can revenge kill given its at a low enough HP with banded copycat eq. It also gives you a way of revenge killing even faster shit, etc, gives you priority which can be useful at any given moment. Not even a full suggestion, the team functions so well with seed bomb given its ability to hit gastro and now the soon to be quagsire, you could easily forego this suggestion lol.

Overall, this is probably by far the most consistent team and best in the metagame if you wanna get a result, it is that good and i would highly reccomend people who want to win one match to use this team.

Fran

formerly Frania
is a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
im new to nu, but isnt this team a little bit weak to colbur xatu? and wouldnt skuntank over liepard fix that?

im new to nu, but isnt this team a little bit weak to colbur xatu? and wouldnt skuntank over liepard fix that?
No sir, this team isn't weak to colbur xatu as I have ways of playing around it. Such as using clefairy as the immediate xatu switch in then using liepard to kill with either pursuit or knock off once the colbur has been eaten. The team needs liepard as an extra revenge killer and as a powerful knock off abuser to help break teams as the team is already weak enough to rhydon, hence needing the revenge killer with seed bomb. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)