• Mewtwo

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • Wailord

Votes: 29 23.0%

• Total voters

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Up until now, there are only 3 Pokémon that can learn SelfDestruct, but not Explosion. Snorlax, Mewtwo, and Wailord. There's only one way to learn it, and that's from the move tutor in XD.

Like most other move tutors, this one is one-use-only. However, XD is not exactly a game that gives itself to speed running. Quite the contrary. To make things worse, this particular move becomes available only after the main game has been finished (IIRC). Most people would consider it a waste to do such thing just for these 3 Pokémon, especially for a move that they may not end up using.

My question is: who should get the move first, if at all?

I don't think Mewtwo should get Selfdestruct naturally, because it just doesn't make sense, really. He's a psychic beast thing, that can breathe fire, fire off beams of ice, and shock the living daylights out of you, but exploding should be left up to the giant lardballs (Snorlax) that are more likely filled with combustible materials than things like Mewtwo.

Find a way to obtain a good Mild or Rash (those are the +spattack -def/sdef right?) mewtwo in XD. Nobody on smogon has a really good exploding mewtwo, and practicly every uber double team needs one lol. I do at least. I would trade tons for one of those.

There are at least two or three Self Destruct Mewtwos on Smogon. Some of which also have Ice Punch.

Wailord is the rarest in terms of number of people who have them but can you really pass up STAB'd Self Destruct?

Find a way to obtain a good Mild or Rash (those are the +spattack -def/sdef right?) mewtwo in XD. Nobody on smogon has a really good exploding mewtwo, and practicly every uber double team needs one lol. I do at least. I would trade tons for one of those.
Mewtwo. The best Mewtwo in my opinion is Hasty with IceBeam/Thunder/Aura Sphere/Selfdestruct.

I'm glad a poll like this was made. There'd always been something missing from Smogon, until now.

Thanks a lot OP, you made Smogon complete.

In the singles uber meta, Mewtwo really needs Icebeam/shadowball/taunt/calm mind. Modest or timid.
Doubles it something else entirely. Shadowball/icebeam/taunt/self destruct is where its at. That is the ideal lead combined with dusknoir to imprison protect and immune sd.

As much as I like a Mewtwo that can detonate itself in JAA mode (2v2 Ubers), I'd have to say Snorlax. Not many of us here play ubers on Wi-fi, and Snorlax is bound to be used by at least SOME of us OU/BL people. Selfdestruct is perfect for Choice Band sets, or Curse if you don't want to rest.

I don't think there's a good Boomlax on the wifi board yet. There's some nice Selfdestructing Mewtwos, though.

WildEep has an excellent selfdestruct Snorlax, but it seems he doesn't trade much.

Anyway, I say use it on Snorlax anyway. It's very fun to use and the power is just incredible. I also think you'll get more trades for it since more people play standards than ubers.

Up until now, there are only 3 Pokémon that can learn SelfDestruct, but not Explosion. Snorlax, Mewtwo, and Wailord. There's only one way to learn it, and that's from the move tutor in XD.

Like most other move tutors, this one is one-use-only. However, XD is not exactly a game that gives itself to speed running. Quite the contrary. To make things worse, this particular move becomes available only after the main game has been finished (IIRC). Most people would consider it a waste to do such thing just for these 3 Pokémon, especially for a move that they may not end up using.

My question is: who should get the move first, if at all?
Theoritically, couldn't you just play the game up to the point where you get self-destruct, save, then rent 3 games and continue from the save point and teach the moves 3 times but not resave? Sorry, never played XD, so if i'm totally off on this, i apologize.

Boomlax wasn't used much in Advance, but I think it should get some recognition in DP. Laughing at the idea of exploding whales.

Mewtwo has to run +spd these days if he doesn't want to get eaten by Darkrai...
And, I have a good selfdestruct Mewtwo!
I personally prefer giving Mewtwo selfdestruct.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Why explode Mewtwo when it can sweep?

Snorlax has a way better base Atk than Wailord so Snorlax all the way.
And as Scrubs says, Snorlax does look like a one to suddenly blow up.

Who ever heard of a whale blowing up?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
LOL tsk.

Scarf Wailord is always great fun. Belt out Water Spouts when you're at high health, and SelfDestruct when your health is low. He always has a power-packed option...I ran Rash, 58 Atk, 228 SpA, 224 Speed. You've got 230 Atk and 300 SpA to play with...but unfortunately you'll only have 318 Speed which is craptastic for a Choice Scarfer. I guess he's a bit more conducive to Trick Room.

Exploding Whale > Exploding Fat Man

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ooh, an actually good poll! I was afraid you were going to say "not enough things get SelfDestruct" and then list every Pokémon.

Snorlax IMO is the best user of it: with that monster attack of his he can just blow up on giant Special threats.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I'd discount Wailord immediately; it's quite the crappy Pokemon. Snorlax and Mewtwo are tied IMO; it depends on what metagame you want to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)