Whimsicott (QC: 0/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

QC: / /
GP: /

Overview
########
+ Has Prankster, Infiltrator and Chlorophyll
+ Has access to many status moves
+ Has amazing base 116 Speed
+ Has base 85 Defense with access to Cotton Guard + Prankster
+ Vast Movepool

- Base 77 Special Attack, forcing it to become a strict stall, or forcing it to use Life Orb
- No ways to raise it's mediocre base 75 Special Defense
- Defensive spread is relying on HP and Defense
- Only ways of recovery are Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain and Rest
- Mostly used for Suicide Setup (Setting up then using Memento)

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Giga Drain
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Hurricane
move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Ground
ability: Infiltrator
item: Choice Specs
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========
  • Giga Drain has STAB boost along with HP recovery, with Specs boost to collect a ton of 'stolen HP' from opponents
  • Moonblast gets the same STAB boost and deals more damage than Giga Drain with the Specs boost so it can almost always guarantee a 4HKO maximum.
  • Hurricane doesn't get a STAB boost, but has more damage to inflict among with a chance of confusion to severely hurt enemies in some way.
  • Hidden Power Fire allows to hit other Grass-type opponents among with Steel-types to allow coverage for one weakness.
  • Hidden Power Ground gives coverage for both fairy weaknesses and fire types.

Set Details
========
  • Max Speed investment to ensure outspeeding common weaknesses
  • Infiltrator for hitting through screens and substitute, plus no moves to use with Prankster
  • Specs to make up for not having max SpA investments
  • 4 Defense investments to make it the slightest bit physically bulkier

Usage Tips
========
  • Whimsicott should be used as a sweeper when being used this way
  • Whimsicott should not be switched out when a Pokemon uses screens and/or substitute, as it can hit right through them.
  • Offensive role.
  • Good on hyperoffensive RU teams.

Team Options
========
  • Any defensive Steel-type so it can switch into the Steel-type when about to die or feeling threatened by a Poison-type
  • A Dragon-type, such as Druddigon, to have in spot of for dragon immunity
  • A defensive Cleric, such as Audino, to help take care of the team, as this Whimsicott can't
  • Good synergy with Doublade due to their typings.

Leftovers
########
name: Leftovers
move 1: Giga Drain
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Cotton Guard
move 4: Toxic / Substitute
ability: Prankster
item: Leftovers
evs: 60 Def / 100 SpA / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========
  • Giga Drain has STAB boost along with HP recovery
  • Leech Seed allows for more HP to be returned at the end of each turn
  • Cotton Guard allows for high defense so that it is only vulnerable to special attacks
  • Toxic allows for the foe's HP to degrade more along with Leech Seed
  • Substitute allows for HP to be saved for more recovery
Set Details
========
  • Max Speed investment to ensure outspeeding common weaknesses
  • Prankster for getting set up quickly while being able to relax why your opponents slowly get Knocked Out
  • Leftovers allow for more HP recovered in addition to Giga Drain and/or Leech Seed
  • Cotton Guard and 60 EVs invested into defense for more Defense to set up
  • Substitute or Toxic to stall out your opponent even faster

Usage Tips
========
  • Whimsicott should be used as a stall when being used like this
  • Whimsicott should switch out when a poison/steel type is brought in
  • Used for stalling
  • Good on defensive/mixed RU teams

Team Options
========
  • Any defensive Steel-type so it can switch into the Steel-type when about to die or feeling threatened by a Poison-type
  • A Dragon-type, such as Druddigon, to have in spot of for dragon immunity
  • Good synergy with Doublade due to their typings.
  • More Pokemon to be able to switch into to share the Leech Seed with, such as Quagsire or Mawile

Other Options
########
  • HP Ground on the leftovers set for better coverage in emergencies
  • Memento can also be used instead of Toxic or Substitute, again, in emergencies
  • Psychic instead of Moonblast could be useful when going against poison types

Checks & Counters
########
  • **Poison-types**: All poison types can destroy this thing due to it's 4x weakness
  • **Taunt**: Can prevent from setting up, which would render the second set almost useless
  • **Offensive Special Attackers**: Whimsicott's SpD stat isn't the best, and any special attacker could easily take this down
  • **Set up**: Other Pokemon could set up while Whimsicott is, making it harder for Whimsicott to operate

I know this is a wip but I'd make the Cotton Guard set disappear as soon as possible or me and other QC members might think you don't have enough experience to write up an important Pokemon like Whimsicott.

Also i want to add that the analysis currently on site is just so much better than this one in this state (which is a wip but has pretty much nothing right) that i think there is no point in revamping :o

Sorry if i came out rude

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with Galbia, the only two viable sets are these:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD (rough EV spread, could do better)
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn
- Moonblast / Memento

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Fire / Stun Spore / Memento / whatever else really (i used memento + set up mon)
- Encore

and the support one that's on-site.

the above two can probably be merged somehow but I can understand if they can't; they're both offensive but the 1st aims to be a better switch ins to Scalds and Pokemon it switches into in general with leftovers and not as easily worn down.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I know this is a wip but I'd make the Cotton Guard set disappear as soon as possible or me and other QC members might think you don't have enough experience to write up an important Pokemon like Whimsicott.

Also i want to add that the analysis currently on site is just so much better than this one in this state (which is a wip but has pretty much nothing right) that i think there is no point in revamping :o

Sorry if i came out rude
If Whimsicott is soo important, why is it with the non-badged section of the reservation thread? Plus, if you feel that way with me working on Whimsicott and that it's soo vital, I may just drop it. I do have experience with Whimsicott, but apparently you don't like the ways I personally use it.

If Whimsicott is soo important, why is it with the non-badged section of the reservation thread? Plus, if you feel that way with me working on Whimsicott and that it's soo vital, I may just drop it. I do have experience with Whimsicott, but apparently you don't like the ways I personally use it.
The problem is that, objectively speaking, your experience has led you to using subpar sets; we are simply saying that there are better alternatives. Every analysis is important since it is being shared with the general public, although obviously some analyses are much more important than other ones; regardless of how important something is, we do not want sets that lack the quality Smogon has represented to be in the analysis. Everyone makes mistakes, though, and I'm sure if you keep trying, you can make a solid analysis with good sets that you yourself have used :]

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You shouldn't be taking offense; you decided to reserve/post an analysis and our job is to criticize it. Please don't take this too personally.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC rejected 1/3

Don't take this the wrong way, but if we are giving you the entire sets and telling you what to write, it is a lot easier for one of us just to write it. Other QC can work with this if they want but this almost needs to be completely rewritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)