Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Iron Tail

This team is really lacking a fast, physical threat beyond Honchkrow's Sucker Punch. With that in mind, I wanted to refrain from utilizing a scarfed mon and utilize a mon with decent natural speed along with possibility for set-up. I then decided upon Salamence, over Dragonite. Outrage for reliable STAB damage output, Earthquake for good option coverage, and then either Fire Blast or Iron Tail for designated option coverage.

Last edited:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

dd dragonite is an underused and very underrated set on dnite, but i think it works best with this team, as it lacks mega-gyarados. lum berry helps it set up on bulkier, passive pokemon, such as mew and torkoal. outrage is stab, extreme speed is obligatory strong priority, and eq is the best option for coverage imo as zard already carries fire coverage. i feel this works best with honchkrow and zard y as they are able to break most defensive cores, making it much easier for dragonite to perform a late game sweep.

Last edited:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Substitute

As this team struggles with the powerful fire type wallbreakers, bulky DD Gyarados seemed a good fit for that match-up. Especially considering that the fastest Pokemon on the team is Landorus-I, a set up sweeper seems required. The set ensures maximum bulk without sacrificing important speed tiers, and Waterfall and Earthquake work to smooth the fire and electric match-ups for the team.

Last edited:

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Heal Bell

This looks just like a team of my buddy's, Arifeen, and he loves him some scarf Togekiss. It just flinches the shit out of everything, and is always a good mon to have. Case closed.

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Voting is now over Congratulations to Ridley for winning

Ridley=5
Llama=2
terrors=3
Darkrai=2

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Week 9
s/o Temperarious for the team

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Flamethrower

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Icicle Spear
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic

Diggersby (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Frustration

Gastrodon-East (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Acid Armor
- Recover

Mamoswine is used to break bulky normal teams with banded Superpower, also pressures opposing Ground teams. Gastrodon is a must due to Acid Armor pressuring huge threats such as Gyarados and Sharpedo. Nidoking is a great addition to this team due to the variety of moves it can run, this one in particular helps alot vs the flying matchup. Diggersby is the Set up sweeper also the Spikes setter, thanks to sash you can either set up a layer of spikes or Swords Dance. Lastly Landorus is a great wallbreaker due to its great Speed + SpAtk. Whats my last?

Deadline Sept 22 Thursday

Arbiter Izaya: make the desc pretty btw
lolno

e:

Arbiter Izaya: NOOO THE SPRITES ARENT IN ORDER WITH THE IMPORT
classic weebs

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar

The team lacked a Stealth Rock user so the first pokemon that came to mind was Hippowdon as it is Grounds most reliable Stealth Rock user able to take almost any hit. It can survive 2 hits from LO HP Ice Thundurus and 2 HP Ice from Manectric-Mega. It can also tank a hit from Draco Meteor from LO Latios. Hippowdon can also phaze out setup sweeepers such as Cloyster and Belly Drum Azumarill which threaten the Ground Monotype alot.

Last edited:

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

I noticed the team lacked a Stealth Rocker, and Steelix's pre-mega ability allows it to get rocks up almost all of the time (barring taunt or mold breaker). This also can allow diggersby to forgo spikes in some matchups in favor of an SD. Steelix's massive physical bulk takes some pressure off of Gastrodon, and they have good defensive synergy. The standard spread should work fine, with Heavy Slam and earthquake doing good damage to what they need to, and toxic wearing down defensive threats.

Last edited:

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Week 9
s/o Temperarious for the team

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Flamethrower

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Icicle Spear
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic

Diggersby (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Frustration

Gastrodon-East (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Acid Armor
- Recover

Mamoswine is used to break bulky normal teams with banded Superpower, also pressures opposing Ground teams. Gastrodon is a must due to Acid Armor pressuring huge threats such as Gyarados and Sharpedo. Nidoking is a great addition to this team due to the variety of moves it can run, this one in particular helps alot vs the flying matchup. Diggersby is the Set up sweeper also the Spikes setter, thanks to sash you can either set up a layer of spikes or Swords Dance. Lastly Landorus is a great wallbreaker due to its great Speed + SpAtk. Whats my last?

Deadline Sept 22 Thursday

Arbiter Izaya: make the desc pretty btw
lolno

e:

Arbiter Izaya: NOOO THE SPRITES ARENT IN ORDER WITH THE IMPORT
classic weebs
Why are we doing this over a meme team with booty sets like no stab nidoking and no quick attack spikes diggersby? I get you guys wanna see sandless ground, but I don't think it's necessary to have complete booty sets like this.

Week 10
shoutouts to Dream Eater Gengar for the cool team!

Three Walls Four Walls (Mandibuzz) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Taunt

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Confide

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Honchkrow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Superpower

This is a team built around DDance Mega Tyranitar. Without access to Stealth Rock, lead Bisharp was chosen as the Rock setter. Its Focus Sash also helps revenge kill Fairy-type threats like Diancie. Mandibuzz acts as a great defensive sponge, being able to switch into a lot of hits. Sableye fills in as the utility, with access to a lot of support moves like Will-O-Wisp, Taunt etc. It also stops fighting users like Mega Medicham and Terrakion which are otherwise huge threats. Lastly, Honchkrow was chosen for its ability to revenge kill a lot of threats with its strong STAB in Brave Bird and ability Moxie. What's my last?
d

Deadline is Thursday, October 6th

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)