Welp, I saw it. The Specs Blaziken LOL. It may have had a set likee
Blaziken @ Choice Specs
Evs: ???
Move 1: Fire Blast
Move 2: Focus Blast
Move 3: Flame Thrower
Hardly put a dent in my team tho, since I run rain team XD

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Ok, trying some megas on the singles ladder and BAM!
Dodrio @ ???
Evs: 252 speed, ???
Moves: - Hidden Power Grass

When I asked him why hp grass he said "Just in case I see a rhyperior, swampert or gastro"

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
>_> There is literally no reason to use that over Staraptor and it does ok against all three. Jolly + CB + Reckless 2HKOs 252/252+ Swampert, same with Gastrodon. Rhyperior wins but you will leave the field with a possible -1 if you brought Intimidate and doesn't like to take CCs to the face all that much.

How did you ask after....? Did you run into someone you knew on the random ladder coincidentally?

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
>_> There is literally no reason to use that over Staraptor and it does ok against all three. Jolly + CB + Reckless 2HKOs 252/252+ Swampert, same with Gastrodon. Rhyperior wins but you will leave the field with a possible -1 if you brought Intimidate and doesn't like to take CCs to the face all that much.

How did you ask after....? Did you run into someone you knew on the random ladder coincidentally?
No I just said "Why tf are you using hp grass dodrio?"; good to know about CB Staraptor btw, might play with it for a while

I saw a weird ass chandlure....

Chandlure @ Focus Sash
EVs: ???
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
???
Flamethrower

Caught me way off guard and nearly Clinched the game for my opponent.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Age of Kings: Feliburn plays on sim, so that's how they could ask.

Also, I haven't seen a reckless staraptor set before! Definitely a surprise over the standard final gambit:

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Speed
Intimidate
- Final Gambit
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Can snipe anything with base 85 HP and below guaranteed with final gambit, and can snipe anything with no more than 4 HP invested up to base 116. (Raw HP stat is 192 at level 50, deals that much damage in one go, assuming it takes no prior damage). This is a high risk, high reward pokemon, so care should be taken when using it. It's best suited to doubles/triples metagame, where intimidate is more potent.

Shyfire Looks like it might have been a TR support chandy; you see those sometimes (mostly not in singles though). Was it on a slow team? Not sure why flamethrower over a more potent attack, though.

Age of Kings: Feliburn plays on sim, so that's how they could ask.

Also, I haven't seen a reckless staraptor set before! Definitely a surprise over the standard final gambit:

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Speed
Intimidate
- Final Gambit
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Can snipe anything with base 85 HP and below guaranteed with final gambit, and can snipe anything with no more than 4 HP invested up to base 116. (Raw HP stat is 192 at level 50, deals that much damage in one go, assuming it takes no prior damage). This is a high risk, high reward pokemon, so care should be taken when using it. It's best suited to doubles/triples metagame, where intimidate is more potent.

Shyfire Looks like it might have been a TR support chandy; you see those sometimes (mostly not in singles though). Was it on a slow team? Not sure why flamethrower over a more potent attack, though.
no the team was pretty fast but it randomly out of no where pulls taunt and with a fast team i didn't think it would be a TR setter.

Sweeper Shuckle LOL. So the match started with us throwing out our leads, myself a ferrothorn, him a shuckle, relatively normal. And then he went for power trick. I just continued to set up because I walled his stone edges and eq's relatively well, like 3 or so hits. He didnt last long due to his lack of trick room support and azumarill just aqua jetting him for the KO.
His set was likely something like this. Would have been hilarious if it actually worked.
Shuckle
Impish(?)
Power Trick
Stone Edge
Earthquake
(?)

Sweeper Shuckle LOL. So the match started with us throwing out our leads, myself a ferrothorn, him a shuckle, relatively normal. And then he went for power trick. I just continued to set up because I walled his stone edges and eq's relatively well, like 3 or so hits. He didnt last long due to his lack of trick room support and azumarill just aqua jetting him for the KO.
His set was likely something like this. Would have been hilarious if it actually worked.
Shuckle
Impish(?)
Power Trick
Stone Edge
Earthquake
(?)
man if shuckle got any sort of attack stat and and attack boosting move man it would be a force. this thing is already broken as is (this is a joke).
That set is pretty funny to use and if your lucky works but shell smash is way better and effective JS

I'm not even sure what this is anymore...
Corsola @ Black Sludge
Ability: I'm guessing it was Hustle
EVs: ?
Nature: ?
- Sunny Day
- Hail
- ???
- ???
----
I'm afraid that this wasn't a troll set, because my opponent was really serious .-.

Corsola @ Black Sludge
- Sunny Day
- Hail
- ???
- ???
----
I'm afraid that this wasn't a troll set, because my opponent was really serious .-.
Well then .-. That's new to me

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mamoswine @ Light Clay/Focus Sash?
Careful/Calm Nature?
Thick Fat?
252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Def? (Based on Flash Cannon damage)
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

I ran into this one on Showdown and it caught me really off guard. I led with Aegislash and started doing Substitutey King's Shieldy things expecting him to try and break my Air Balloon, while he set up screens all over me and then took a single Flash Cannon (fairly well as I recall) before Roaring me out. I lost that game :s

Feliburn

RU Leader
Mamoswine @ Light Clay/Focus Sash?
Careful/Calm Nature?
Thick Fat?
252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Def? (Based on Flash Cannon damage)
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

I ran into this one on Showdown and it caught me really off guard. I led with Aegislash and started doing Substitutey King's Shieldy things expecting him to try and break my Air Balloon, while he set up screens all over me and then took a single Flash Cannon (fairly well as I recall) before Roaring me out. I lost that game :s
Sounds like a really lame interesting support mamo rofl, I saw a similar set but it was reflect aegi (?_?)

Corsola @ Black Sludge
- Sunny Day
- Hail
- ???
- ???
----
this kinda seems like a noob set, but i can't really tell since there isn't a full spread and moveset

that or it was some really odd support set

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmf I lost as a mega-kang...perhaps scrappy kang with body slam would have also done the trick xD
if you see a hangaskhan its going to be mega. thats it nothing more to it
(not counting NU) i'v never seen a kangaskhan that didn't mega evolve.
Its mage evo is the only thing that really makes it good in battle spot tbh

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
if you see a hangaskhan its going to be mega. thats it nothing more to it
(not counting NU) i'v never seen a kangaskhan that didn't mega evolve.
Its mage evo is the only thing that really makes it good in battle spot tbh
You don't have to mega evolve, sometimes waiting is better as you can hit Ghost-types

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)