Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 Spd / 88 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance/Rock Polish

Very situational but can be deadly. Haven't fully figured the best Speed and HP I need though.
In Sand, it can survive most (or any) special hit that is not Focus Blast. As I said, its very situational but what I usually do, is switch in into a resisted/neutral special attack, Dragon Dance and hope my weakness Policy gets activated and proceed to sweep with a +1 speed and +3 attack.
I think Rock Polish would work in place of DD.

A more experienced player could find a better EV distribution to make this thing work. But, it will always remain weak to priorities and it could only work against special attackers, as I found out T-tar doesn't take SE physical hits to well.

I've used weakness policy on a taunt/stealth rock/rock polish/baton pass Mew, Taunting a support pokemon often results in knock off, u-turn, or a switch to something with knock off, and Mew's bulky enough to survive most of those if they don't have stab. Now I know Weakness policy still activates after knock off, but can anyone tell me if knock off gets the 1.5x multiplier on the attack?

I've used weakness policy on a taunt/stealth rock/rock polish/baton pass Mew, Taunting a support pokemon often results in knock off, u-turn, or a switch to something with knock off, and Mew's bulky enough to survive most of those if they don't have stab. Now I know Weakness policy still activates after knock off, but can anyone tell me if knock off gets the 1.5x multiplier on the attack?
That's actually a really cool set, might try it out. Might suggest replacing Stealth Rock or Taunt(at the risk of becoming Taunt bait itself) for Endure, if you can set up a Rock Polish on something that has no priority, it'll at least absolutely ensure that you get the pass off.

I've been using this set with great success
Bronzong @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
I'm sure it could use some tweaking but the basic idea is to bait people into using a fire move on it which happens often then wrecking things next turn. Usually happens on the turn I use trick room on.

I've been using this set with great success
Bronzong @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
I'm sure it could use some tweaking but the basic idea is to bait people into using a fire move on it which happens often then wrecking things next turn. Usually happens on the turn I use trick room on.
I've used a set very similar to this and it can be pretty damn effective late game once the defensive threats like Skarmory are out of the picture (though I opt for Zen Headbutt over Rock Slide). Gyro Ball just smashes everything.

+2 252+ Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (149 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 285-336 (99.6 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 259-306 (86.3 - 102%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (86 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 195-231 (51 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I use it on Aegislash, and it works great. I'm thinking that WP DD Latios might work, with 6 Weaknesses and Dragon Dance boosting speed and attack, and its SpA is already pretty high ( Att and SpA are also boosted by WP). So if someone hit you while you were DDing, you would have +3 Att, + 2 SpA and +1 Spe.
Latios
Weakness Policy
72 HP/ 56 Att/ 196 SpA /184 Spe
Naive
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Draco Meteor
Psychic

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I use it on Aegislash, and it works great. I'm thinking that WP DD Latios might work, with 6 Weaknesses and Dragon Dance boosting speed and attack, and its SpA is already pretty high ( Att and SpA are also boosted by WP). So if someone hit you while you were DDing, you would have +3 Att, + 2 SpA and +1 Spe.
Latios
Weakness Policy
72 HP/ 56 Att/ 196 SpA /184 Spe
Naive
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Draco Meteor
Psychic
Unless the SE hit is a Hidden Power/Icy Wind, you're not even gonna live the hit. You're better off going with a LO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)