SM OU VoltTurn mixed team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is one of my first teams.
Lando, Koko and Manetric come in, make damage and switch out to the walls alomomola or chansey. Kokos electric terrain boosts manetrics moves and protects the team from spores, dhelmise ist for spinning and spinblocking. My problems are setup-sweepers and strong priotity moves. Thanks for rating :)

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Explosion

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Wish
- Toxic
- Scald

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- Steel Wing

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Power Whip
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin

Suggestion 1: Change Scald on Alomomola to Knock Off. The mon's main use is its helmet and wish passing, unless you're against stall, where double status doesn't help you. Knock off can cripple defensive threats like chansey, and harrass switchins like Tangrowth or Celesteela.

Suggestion 2: Change Knock Off on Lando to Stone Edge. EdgeQuake is perfect coverage in this meta, and he doesnt want to be locking himself into KO often.

Suggestion 3: Change Flamethrower on Manectric to Overheat. The nuke potential is worth it.

Suggestion 4: Steel Wing on Koko doesn't hit anything the rest of your set doesn't. I'd suggest replacing it with either Volt Switch, Nature's Madness, Hidden Power Ice if you want offensive presence, or Taunt if you want utility against stall. (Stall runs knock off, you can reliably get it going.)

Suggestion 5: As much as it might seem excessive, replace Soft-Boiled and Toxic on Chansey with Wish/Protect. Your team takes a lot of chip, between recoil and hazards, and the extra healing potential for Dhelmise and Koko is huge.

Suggestion 6: I've tried playing Dhelmise a lot, and I'm pretty confident that it's not good enough for OU. Even with AV it gets 2hko'd by most special attackers around not named Koko. It might be better to use something like SpDef Mega-Scizor, as that still cores well with Alomomola. Maybe this:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Roost

Edit: To clarify, this team doesn't need a spinblocker. Defog is much better distributed in OU, and although hazards are nice you're not relying on them for the win, and you can always reset them with chansey. If they really want to spin with Excadrill, take advantage and send in lando.

Edit again: Your EVs are off. You can give 4 to Lando, and your Chansey should probably be 252 Def/252 SpD/4 Spe.

Hey, please read the rules before posting a RMT. You need three lines of description per team member. For the time, being I'm going to lock this thread. Check the RMT showcase for examples of well made RMTs. PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)