VGC'15 Custom EV spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering a lot of people have asked me for certain EV spreads for certain Pokémon, i decided to make this thread.
EV spreads in Smogon Tiers like OU or UU are always the same, because they are made to take on certain mons, speed creep certain mons and beat other mons 1v1, but in VGC the EV spreads should fit what the team needs to cover, so people have to make custom ones. But making EV spreads isn't an easy task, so i wanted to make a thread were people shared their personal EV spread so other people can use them if they fit their teams.
Take in mind some things:
  • If you want to use this EV spreads, don't complain to the creator about the EV spread not working for you. These EV spreads are made to fit specific teams, so your team might not work with some of the custom EV spread.
  • If you are using the EV spreads here for RMT, give some credit to the creator. It's always nice to know that your EV spread is being used around and people like it.
  • This thread ISN'T made to support uncommon mons that are viable but underused. For that, check the Dark Horse thread.
Well, about the formatting, it should look like this:

Pokémon @ Item
Ability: (Insert Ability Here)
Nature: (Insert Nature Here)
EVs: 48 HP / 48 Atk / 48 Def / 48 SpA / 48 SpD / 48 Spe (Obviously this isn't the EV spread you have to use)
Mention IVs if needed (for HP, to outslow other mons, etc)
- Move #1
- Move #2
- Move #3
- Move #4
Creator: (Give some credit to the creator if you didn't make the EV spread!)
Description: (A short description if possible)
Well, have fun!

Kangaskhan CAN qualify.
Gengar (not mega) CANNOT qualify.

Last edited:
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 92 HP/ 252 Def/ 164 SpA
IV: 0 Atk, 30 SpA, 30 SpD, 1 Spe (TR HP Ground)
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Ground
- Shadow Ball
Description: This spread is designed to let Sylveon survive a Double-Edge from Jolly Mega Kangaskhan while at full HP. This spread works better in Trick Room as using EVs to speed creep will only lower Sylveon's offensive abilities.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 212 HP / 156 Atk / 60 Def / 28 SpD / 52 Spe
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

This one is my favorite M-Khan spread and the best one I came out with after a couple of hours fiddling with the damage calc like a couple of months ago. The EVs let it survive an 252+ Adamant M-Khan's Low Kick 100% of the time, as well as Hydreigon's Specs Draco Meteor and lolGreninja's 252 Atk LO Low Kick, while retaining a significant offensive presence - slightly bigger than a Max Attack Jolly M-Khan - to also take out opposing non-bulky M-Khans with its own Low Kick 69% of the time. Its Speed EVs let it outspeed everything up to Jolly Scarfchomp (lol who uses that nowadays) after using Tailwind, a VGC 14-ish Speed benchmark to get the jump on that I left in my Khan out of personal preference.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 212 Atk / 108 SpA / 188 Speed
- Overheat
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Protect

This set allows you to outspeed Scarf Max Speed Adamant Landorus-T after an Speed Boost, and to OHKO 252 HP 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan with a Low Kick 100% of the time. 108 SpA allows you to have more offensive presence with your Fire Move, having exactly 43.8% chance to OHKO 252 HP 76+ Sp.Def Amoonguss. Rock Slide is there to hit relevant Flying-Types such as Talonflame, Thundurus or Mega Charizard Y, and has pretty good chance to OHKO even bulkier versions of Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona. Rock Slide also provides flinches which are my key to win game lol that sometimes really helps you.

Desuzakiddo

VGCPL Champion
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 12 HP / 172 Atk / 92 Def / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Survives a life orbed +1 Sucker Punch from Bisharp and Ice Shard from -1 Orb Mamoswine 100% of the time. 228 Spe allows you to outspeed Scarf Smeargle and 135 Base Speed. 172 Atk it's fine with an Adamant nature and allow you to hit like a truck.
Standard Movepool: Rock Slide and Earthquake are the main spread move; U-turn is good for grab momentum and Superpower allow you to hit Kangaskhan and Ferrothorn, or simply hit Bisharp/Heatran/Terrakion and ignore potential Wide Guard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)