Resource VGC '16 Teambuilding Frameworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
It looks like weavile fills the "electric check" role on Alvin's team, since it's able to do a ton of damage to thundy. Though a more reliable electric check (that also deals with raichu) is something every other team has.

THREAD UPDATE

Right I want to start making some more frameworks for the thread from today, in light of all these recent regionals. Also I would like to go over a few of the original frameworks, like RayOgre etc since the format has developed substantially since then.

Potential frameworks to add (please add your own ideas if you like):

Primal Kyogre+Yveltal
Primal Kyogre+Palkia
Primal Kyogre+Giratina-O/A
Primal Groudon+Rayquaza
Primal Groudon+Mewtwo
Primal Groudon+Dialga
Primal Groudon+Giratina-O/A
Mega Rayquaza+Ho-Oh
Mega Rayquaza+Mewtwo

We don't have to do all of these, but i'm interested in your ideas for these archetypes, so feel free to contribute :)

Here's what I think of the Yveltal Kyogre archetype:

Sample Teams
Eindhoven 3rd. Williem Schouten:

Lanaken 1st. Christoph Kugeler:

Anaheim 5th. Alvin Mo:

Einhoven 5th. Elco Zeijlmans:

Colombia 3rd. Andrés Quintero:

Framework (Focusing more on top 3 teams posted)

1. Yveltal
2. Kyogre
3. Mega - Benefits from Dark Aura or good synergy with Yveltal/Kyogre. E.g. Kangaskhan (Sucker Punch, FO), Mawile (Sucker Punch, Intimidate) and Manectric (Electric Check, Intimidate)
4. Electric Check/Support (Intimidate, Fake Out etc) - Able to cover threats like Raichu, Thundurus, Groudon etc
5. Speed Control/Further Support - Tailwind (Whimsicott/Salamence), Thunder Wave (Thundurus), Icy Wind (Gengar), Trick Room (Bronzong/Meowstic?)
6. Kyogre Check/Kangaskhan Check (Very loose) - Ferrothorn, CB Wild Charge Arcanine / Terrakion, Mienshao, Ferrothorn

This can definitely be refined, but what do you guys think?
Xerneas Check seems apparent

I'll be updating this post with more of my ideas later, so watch this space.

Last edited:
Here's what I think of the Yveltal Kyogre archetype:

Sample Teams
Eindhoven 3rd. Williem Schouten:

Lanaken 1st. Christoph Kugeler:

Anaheim 5th. Alvin Mo:

Einhoven 5th. Elco Zeijlmans:

Colombia 3rd. Andrés Quintero:

Framework (Focusing more on top 3 teams posted)

1. Yveltal
2. Kyogre
3. Mega - Benefits from Dark Aura or good synergy with Yveltal/Kyogre. E.g. Kangaskhan (Sucker Punch, FO), Mawile (Sucker Punch, Intimidate) and Manectric (Electric Check, Intimidate)
4. Electric Check/Support (Intimidate, Fake Out etc) - Able to cover threats like Raichu, Thundurus, Groudon etc
5. Speed Control/Further Support - Tailwind (Whimsicott/Salamence), Thunder Wave (Thundurus), Icy Wind (Gengar), Trick Room (Bronzong/Meowstic?)
6. Kyogre Check/Kangaskhan Check (Very loose) - Ferrothorn, CB Wild Charge Arcanine / Terrakion, Mienshao, Ferrothorn

This can definitely be refined, but what do you guys think?
Xerneas Check seems apparent

I'll be updating this post with more of my ideas later, so watch this space.
Would love to see Palkia + Kyogre if you find anything, that was kinda the combo I've been loosely building around on and off.
Also the Meowstic is probably used for Thunder Wave as speed support. Quick Guard, Safeguard, and Fake Out are all also heavy support. Mienshao is a Khan crusher, but also adds Fake Out / Quick Guard / Wide Guard along with a fast, strong Knock Off with Yveltal's support. From what I can see at least

Would love to see Palkia + Kyogre if you find anything, that was kinda the combo I've been loosely building around on and off.
Also the Meowstic is probably used for Thunder Wave as speed support. Quick Guard, Safeguard, and Fake Out are all also heavy support. Mienshao is a Khan crusher, but also adds Fake Out / Quick Guard / Wide Guard along with a fast, strong Knock Off with Yveltal's support. From what I can see at least
I'll definitely have a look for palkia kyogre
Thanks for the input on meowstic/mienshao too, will mention that in the description :]

Hi Draconid997 I've been out for more than one month between various things lol
Anyway,are we speaking of Kyogre+Yveltal?
I made first place in a competition last month with this: P-Kyogre/Yveltal/Gengar-Mega/Crobat/Landorus-Therian/Aegislash :)
Xerneas hate maximum power,I'd say.
I will give more infos when I am at home

Hi Draconid997 I've been out for more than one month between various things lol
Anyway,are we speaking of Kyogre+Yveltal?
I made first place in a competition last month with this: P-Kyogre/Yveltal/Gengar-Mega/Crobat/Landorus-Therian/Aegislash :)
Xerneas hate maximum power,I'd say.
I will give more infos when I am at home
Cool team :)
How does it fair against yveltal?

Cool team :)
How does it fair against yveltal?
Yveltal can be a real bitch due to snarl,but if I have the speed control I am more than ok and in desperate situations aegislash can try the wide guard in its face (if aegi gets smacked by dark pulse kyogre can attack it without problems).

Updated the thread with new frameworks and more!

I would love it if you guys could feed back to me if there is anything that could be improved on this thread

I've looked through all the existing frameworks and improved them according to changes in the meta, etc. I hope you can still learn a thing or two from this thread, it is something I've loved making this year and hope I can continue this into next year's meta.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Updated the thread with new frameworks and more!

I would love it if you guys could feed back to me if there is anything that could be improved on this thread

I've looked through all the existing frameworks and improved them according to changes in the meta, etc. I hope you can still learn a thing or two from this thread, it is something I've loved making this year and hope I can continue this into next year's meta.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Neat. Thanks for doing this. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)