UUPL IV Finals [Won by Omfuga and the Gang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, time to formally congratulate Omfuga and the Pewter City Porygon2s for winning this season of UUPL. And yes, I'd give him a shoutout for fighting for a fight that he is fighting, instead of fighting for a fight he is sure to win. I remember last season when he cried foul over the Christo. Shedinja controversy until everything has been settled. Guess he's back with a vengeance.

On one end, a manager who drafted me is very lucky, and that is because, eight times out of ten, that team would be part of the playoffs when I am there. This is one rare instance that my team didn't make it to the playoffs, but I really enjoyed company with Hogg and the Socialites. Though it was definitely a rough sailing for us, but I have tons of fun seeing you guys battle; though I wasn't that active enough because of my duties in the province (limited Internet connection sucks), you guys never forget me supporting you even at the roughest times, most notably the "roasting" I gave to MeowMiXXX and idiotfrommars in our final push--that is tough love.

Hairy Toenail and North suffered their first losses in UUPL (though I definitely salute them for their great run); yes, I suffered my first loss earlier in the season. However, for my last two years in UUPL, someone has yet to stain my ORAS UU record (Valentine would nearly give me a taste of my first loss there, but that Icicle Crash miss spared me; sorry about that). I guess I'm still that bad for I was drafted for an average of 3k and I don't have that much play time like Hairy Toenail's :(

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations and ggs P2s. I really enjoyed being part of the Lindas. You guys were all great. Participating in this UUPL has probably been my favorite Smogon experience so far, and I think I've learned a lot from it. I'm really proud of how my team performed, especially since we had a lot of relatively unknown players on our roster and didn't have the superstars some other teams drafted. I'm glad I was able to contribute to the team and I hope to play again next year. We had a lot of good up-and-coming players who deserved playing time and I wish we could have started everyone. Hopefully this was at least a good learning experience and I hope to see my teammates do well in UU Open.

Shoutouts:

Lindas:

Shiba Thank you so much for drafting me. I appreciate you being willing to take a chance on me as a 3k buy at the end of the auction and hope that I've repaid your trust sufficiently even though I didn't win my ORAS match. You're probably my closest friend on Smogon. Thank you for helping me improve as a player and get more involved in the UU community. I'd be happy to play for you again.

Hairy Toenail Team MVP for sure. Your record was amazing and you were a reliable win all season. The fact that we could count on you to come through week after week made close matchups much less stressful. You're also a really cool dude and I'm glad I got to know you. I hope you have a good run in UU Open and get picked up to play in SPL. Once you change your name to something that isn't dumb, you will immediately ascend to the highest level. Hopefully we can play together next UUPL.

Pak Another one of my close friends on Smogon, you had a bit of a shaky start to the season, but you really picked it up when we needed wins the most. You're a player with a lot of potential and you'll be great if you can get past your nerves. It was fun being on a team with you and I hope we can do it again next year.

sniperr You posted a really good BW record and I'm glad to be your teammate. Testing BW with you was fun even though I didn't really know BW UU at the beginning of the season. I learned a lot from playing with you and I would be happy to have you as a teammate in the future.

Vapo Another good player and teammate, although I didn't talk with you as much as some of the others. You are better than your record implies and I hope that if you decide to play Pokemon again you get the chance to show it.

GULLY You're a funny guy and a creative builder/player. You always had cool teams and performed well this season, even if the trash talk got to be a little much sometimes.

Tricking We didn't talk much but you're a really great player and you seem like a nice dude. I hope your team does well in WCoP.

Tokyo Tom You're a really nice guy and a great teammate. I'm glad that you were a part of this team and such a positive presence in the chat even if you didn't play too much and I hope to play with you again.

Mazz It was fun learning DPP and practicing with you. I wish you hadn't been going through so much IRL stuff and I hope it gets better for you in the future.

Adaam I'm glad you were my teammate and I hope to play with you again in the future. Thank you so much for helping me with scouting/preparation when I was getting overwhelmed trying to compile data for multiple teammates. I hope you have a great UU Open.

Malin Like Adaam, you're an underrated player who deserved more playing time, but we just had so many 3k buys. You're a cool dude and I wish you success in UU Open.

Cyndequil. Yet another underrated player, your teams are always interesting and you're great at pointing out weaknesses in other teams. Good luck in UU Open.

miltankmilk Doubles god and best team cheerleader in the game. The only reason we didn't free you is because it wouldn't be fair to the other teams.

Andromeda. You're another part of our team rater core and practicing with you was fun. I don't know if you're playing UU Open, but, if you are, good luck.

nv Wish you could've been more active in the Skype chat and I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to play you. You're still one of my good friends.

Honorary Lindas:

Donny P Even though Shiba didn't draft you, you did a lot to help us out and you're a Linda to me.

LeoLancaster See above. Thank you so much for supporting the team.

Eyan I appreciate you helping us out. Thanks for the support throughout the season.

CoolStoryBrobat Thanks for helping our BW players test and prepare.

Friends in UUPL:

YABO Accelgor GrilledClawitzer DrReuniclus Kreme TSR Sacri' r0ady You're all cool dudes and most of you are better than what your records this season suggest (r0ady is worse). I hope you guys all do well in UU Open.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone else who supported the Lindas. We appreciate it and I'm sorry we couldn't repay that with a championship. I apologize if I forgot anyone.

Last edited:

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
o nvm uupl has been finish so as I didn't took part to the entire tournament and the skype conv cuz my english sucks but I'm gonna make some shoutouts oo

Omfuga
First and foremost thank you man, you decided to choose me because you needed a GREAT element for the team and, I knew it. inb4 the mothafuckin master will play and win another UUPL with you. I guess that's the OMFUGOD plans for the next UUPL :s

TonyFlygon
THE MASTER thanks you for these cool moments in the skype conv that was funny and you're a nice :3

Thx to the others members of Pewter Porygon 2s Evan. blunder, aim , North , soulgazer, atomicllamas, praj.pran, KratosMana, Isa, and Realistic Waters for this great job and for having been undefeated. during the entire season :]

BIG SHOUTOUTS TO NeoZyX FOR BEING MINE BUILDER

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hey, i didn't really do anything, but i just want to simultaneously thank and apologize to shiba for picking me up this season (i think i choked every single game??? this doesn't usually happen, i swear!). he truly crafted a great team environment which made this tournament entertaining throughout. also, i want to give a BIG shout-out to amaroq. he's been probably the best teammate i've ever witnessed despite not starting for most of the tournament. from the beginning, he took the time to learn the BW, DPP, and ADV metagames, and built teams in each tier to help test with the starters even with his inexperience. additionally, he spent a lot of time scouting opponents and helping people prep for their games. i didn't get to interact with you a whole lot amaroq, but even as a bystander i can really appreciate all the effort you put into ensuring the team's success. the fact that you managed to get two playoff wins in a tier you had minimal experience in is just the icing on the cake. keep doing you, man.

after hearing fuga rave about hairy toenail's performance last UUPL, i can clearly see that it's not just hype. congrats man, it's been awesome watching your games this season.

the team as a whole was great and it's been a pleasure to meet you guys, despite my relative lack of involvement with the team (sorry about that). you could tell that everyone was passionate about the tour and it showed in how you guys exceeded everyone's expectations. but i also wanted to quickly thank 49 for letting me steal his BW teams, and big ups to fuga for helping me learn a bit more about the tier once i realized i couldn't just bring 49 teams every week (although i kinda continued to do so). finally, thanks to gully for being the first black man to endorse me as a fellow african. free miltankmilk

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Wish tiebreaker could've gone to manager game, would've liked to play in the final game to try for the championship + 7-3 in ORAS games (still hate old gens :[), but oh well gg's Omfuga (Tinashe is still mine tho lol) and the rest of the P2s, you guys deserve it!

This UUPL was fun, I'm very happy w/ how our team performed and molded together to become a big group of friends leading up to the final weeks, because I feel that's when we performed our best (by far), especially compared to our lackluster performances early to midseason. Hopefully everyone on the team got some big tour experience for the upcoming UU Open, I have no doubt you guys will do well :]

(in order of draft)

Hairy Toenail Easily the biggest steal of the draft, 12k for an undefeated season is insane (who cares about the tiebreaker tbh). You proved to a lot of people that you're a top 3 player, and that you probably should've been drafted at the start of SPL over a few people lmao (though next SPL you 100% won't fall all the way to midseason) If I get another team next UUPL you'll definitely be on it Andy :]

Mazz I really appreciated you being on the team, even though you tried to get me to trade you to King after the draft lmao. You brought us a couple key wins in the early weeks and it really sucks that a few of your losses were from some hax, you are by far better than your record. Hope you stick around for Grand Slam, but I know real life can suck sometimes. If you do quit though, be sure to stop by and lose in some randbats whenever :^)

Tricking We didn't talk much in the chat, but I really appreciate you showing up each week to play your ADV game since we had no other ADV players LOL. You were definitely one of the MVPs to the Lindas, good luck in WCoP man, hope you get a trophy soon

Pak your voice shakes mountains fr. Glad you bounced back from your slow start man, i know the nerves can be bad in big tour games, but im glad they settled :], having you play at the top of your game definitely helped us get into playoffs.

Tokyo Tom hey you got us a pretty key win against Top Pokemon Player PokeaimMD™, I would call that something :^). I was really glad to have you around though, you're definitely one of the nicest/funniest people on Smogon (and your L/P ratio supports that). If you sign-up next UUPL and I have a team, you can definitely count on me bidding on you, man :]

GULLY Thanks for making the threads fun Trevor LOL. imo you should've been more than 3k, you were definitely a steal at that price my dude. Even though you already said you're quitting, I do hope you stick around for UU Open or atleast come back for next UUPL and play BW, Riolu is cash. If you don't come back, gl in your future endeavors man, you're real af.

Vapo One of my greatest friends on here, glad I spent 10k on you, even if you didn't do as well as you'd hoped (you definitely got lucked pretty bad in some games though (like the Reuni crit against Burglars and t1 crit in finals), but that's Pokemon I guess x_x). Hope you stick around for UU Open, I'm sure you'll do well, my friend

My trusty 3ks

to all ORAS ones, I honestly wish we could've stuck with the 4 ORAS format, I could've given you all the playing time you deserved :( especially @ miltankmilk and nv

Andromeda. Another good friend, wish you could've been more active in Skype chat but i know how busy you are w/ other PLs and stuff like that D: thanks for sticking around and helping with a bit of testing throughout the weeks, I really appreciate it :]

Cyndequil. you smell lol. For real though you helped me with 2 wins by telling me to use MAboma week 1 then Defensive Arcanine week 5, you definitely know your stuff and is a hugely underrated player. Hope you get the respect you deserve in this community, you really deserve it!

sniperr biggest dark horse ever my man. You went undefeated until finals and I am extremely happy I drafted you. You were also always a great presence in the Skype group whenever you got on and always had the willingness to help w/ tests and what-not.

Amaroq One of my great friends on here, I'm extremely glad I got the chance to tutor someone w/ a lot of potential in B101. Big thanks for playing DPP for us in some huge weeks leading up to and at Finals. Next UUPL you can bet i'll try to pick you up again, your willingness to scout and test for the team was an extremely valuable asset :]. I have no doubt you'll make it big on the tour scene sometime, just settle those nerves

Malin I'm glad I picked you up, you are such an underrated player and you build some really cool stuff, as well as be an awesome presence in the chat for the team :) keep doing what youre doing

nv Another one of my great friends on here! Wish you could've been more active in the skype chat, but i appreciate your PMs on PS supporting the team everyday :) next year I'll pick you up so you can get some playing time in y/y

Adaam DaB DaB DaB. another part of tr core, glad you were around my friend :]. Again I wish you could've gotten more playing time in, you are a great player but also an underrated one. I expect you to do some good things in UU Open in this Grand Slam

miltankmilk #FREEMILTANKMILK

Donny P CoolStoryBrobat Eyan LeoLancaster for sticking around in the skype chat, you guys were a big help :]

anti shoutout r0ady for being a nerd

Lastly, big thanks to the hosts, Hikari and Sam, for picking me as a manager and making this an enjoyable UUPL!

Gonna keep this short and sweet. Thanks for a great season guys really proud of all of you and sorry I couldn't clutch up when it really mattered. It was a blast meeting and interacting with you guys. Good luck with everything in and out of the game and don't be a stranger :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)