Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Thanks to Accelgor for this week's team! "This team's centered around Nasty Plot Infernape, which was fairly popular in ORAS UU, but hasn't seen a ton of usage in SM UU as of late. This is mainly due to Latias's current omnipresence in the tier, as it doesn't allow NP Infernape to flourish properly. Therefore, pairing this set with Pursuit support was a must, and I ended up going with Krookodile. This provides me with a Scarfer that can also dispatch ghosts like Gengar if need be, as well as function as a decent check to Raikou. Being locked into Pursuit really has its disadvantages though, so I decided to pair it up with a standard rocks Clefable set, just to provide general utility by virtue of Knock Off as well as helping to blanket check a great number of threats in the tier. Calm Mind Latias was the next slot of choice, as the CM set is especially deadly at the moment and it also happened to check prominent threats like Keldeo. I chose to run a Colbur berry on this Latias so as to avoid any risky 50/50s against faster mons like Mega Absol and opposing Krookodile, although running Soul Dew, Leftovers, or Life Orb on this set is perfectly fine as well. I believed running Colbur was for the best since the team is heavily dependent on Latias to check numerous things and having it downed too early would certainly put me in a less favorable position. The current core was then rounded out by a bulky Scizor, which gave me a decent check to Mega Aerodactyl and also provided me with another potential annoyance to opposing Latias, which would help to accelerate an Infernape wallbreak or sweep. U-turn support was especially appreciated since it allowed me to bring Infernape in safely, and other than that it helped keep the team’s pace consistent. Note: This team is mono-red (ish) so please try to keep the team's color scheme consistent as well when you're coming up with your suggestions .-."

Submission phase ends Sunday, June 11, 11:59 pm EDT

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving the rare crimson tentacruel
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 208 HP / 112 Def / 40 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

this team needs sth that can stomach a fairy hit or two and doesn't die to fire coverage. opposing scizor, especially offensive sd variants, can also be annoying once infernape is weakened. tentacruel can help with the aforementioned issues and also provides the team with hazard control. the combination of haze + sludge bomb reliably beats cm clefable while also pressuring togekiss, which looks to be a pain as well, better than acid spray variants. toxic spikes are not needed on this team imo, infernape does a fine job breaking water types with grass knot and focus blast already. i opted for a good amount of speed on this to give it a better shot at picking off max speed base 85s like nidoking. the spatk investment ensure the 2hko on primarina w/ sludge bomb and standard offensive nidoqueen w/ scald.

Last edited:

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys. With the tier shift making the current team illegal, we've decided to end this week early. Sorry to anyone who wanted to participate this week, especially Lord Esche who already submitted u_u. The new week 10 will start after the tier has settled a bit. Stay tuned!

So here we are with the next round of UU, What's His Last?,

Current Team

Krookodile @ Steelium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Tail

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 136 HP / 192 Atk / 152 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

This week's team is given by Finding True Love, thanks! "Alright, I wanted to build with Steelium Krook + Buzzwole because Steelium Krookodile can surprise kill Sylveon and Togekiss. Added Forretress for Rapid Spin + Spikes support. I like it in this meta because you can pivot into stuff like Buzzwole and Mamoswine. Suicune is added as a wincon, performs well behind hazard stack. I used scarf Hydreigon in order to pivot into xurkitree / other Electric-type pokemon"

Submission phase ends Wednesday, July 5, 11:59 pm EDT

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Reserving Mamoswine

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Alright so, the team so far lacks a reliable Flying-type answer so Pokemon like Mega Pidgeot, Hawlucha, Talonflame, and Togekiss (to an extent since Krookodile has Z-Iron Tail) can spam their respective Flying moves with ease. Primarina is also another problem as there isn't a Pokemon that can reliably revenge kill it sooo... Personally, the obvious candidates was either an Electric-type (Xurkitree and Raikou) or Mamoswine.

Life Orb Mamoswine provides the team with a way to revenge kill these Flying-types bar Talonflame as long as rocks are up with Ice Shard and Primarina (LO Earthquake has a chance to KO without hazards up). Mamoswine speed ties with Max Speed Togekiss but, it can take a +2 Air Slash without hazards. The team will still kinda struggle against Talonflame but, Krookodile and Suicune are pretty decent-ish checks to it so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, I think.

Last edited:
For me it's gotta be Mega Aero

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Hone Claws / Earthquake
- Roost

Firstly, I love Buzzwole + Aero as Buzz just does so much in the midgame due to the switch in opportunities it has on like half the metagame. Aero also acts as a check to flying types and gives you something to bust through Buzzwole. I like roost on all my Aero's especially because you're using this to switch in to Pidge every single time it comes in. So yeah, I don't have much else to say. I guess it also gives you another fast mon against offense besides Hydrei.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)