UU What's His Last? [Week 10]

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hosted by LeoLancaster and LLH
Approved by Ark King UU Hogg and Bad Romance

UU What's His Last?

Real banner coming soon™

A long time ago, back when DPP was the current gen, and there was no team preview, the above question was often asked. You had to be prepared for anything in that last slot and use your deductive teambuilding skills to figure out just what your opponent was saving in the back. Still today, we can use these skills to better build our own teams. When building, there will be times when you have 5 perfect Pokemon. Mons that fit together so well that you just can't seem to pick a final Pokemon. Or sometimes you have a crippling weakness to a major threat and can't think of a mon that will cover it that fits the team. This project aims to let the community figure out what the best last Pokemon would be for a given team of 5.

Every round, we will post a team that is missing one Pokemon. You guys will then post suggestions for the final mon. Over the next few days, these nominations will be discussed amongst the users until voting begins. Once the vote starts, people will choose the last mon that they think fits the rest of the team best. At the end of the round, the Pokemon with the most votes will be the winner! The team will be archived, and the user who suggested the set will have his or her name alongside the team. Think of this as a lesson in team building!

RULES:
1. Standard UU forum rules apply. No flaming/antagonizing please. Also no one liners please.
2. No joke sets. Sets that are plain bad/unviable are not welcome.
3. Don't be a jerk and flame the team / sets that people post.
4. Reservations are okay, as long as you post the set within 24 hours of posting the reservation.
5. No weird gimmicks. If you think a low-rated Pokémon should add on the team, please give an in-depth explanation, but non-viable mons like Flareon are not allowed.
6. Only minor slashing is allowed. Sometimes a coverage move or item is up to player preference, but you can't actually have 5 moves in a battle so don't go overboard.
7. Only one suggestion per round. Please only pick 1 Pokémon.
8. No changing the other members of the team, INCLUDING SETS. Only we can change the team and movesets.
9. Voting for your own nomination is NOT ALLOWED.
10. Please PM me on Smogon or PS! if you want to send in teams. We can't promise that your team will be featured but it's worth a shot, right?
11. Happy Posting!
12. You found the secret 12th rule! Illuminati confirmed. ▲_▲

Krookodile (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Fletchinder (F)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Sceptile-Mega (F) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

This team is 6-0d by Dub Dance and even SubSalac Cobalion, which at this point sets up on most of the team, and it struggles to switch into Fighting-types in general, but especially Coba, Machamp, and Toxicroak. Of course, the Entei weakness is extremely glaring as well. CM Slowking provides an easy counter to all of these while also providing a secondary wincon and enjoying phenomenal synergy with Florges, both of which are huge pluses for this team.

Current Team

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

This team was provided by explodingdaisies. Thanks! "I like building with dark/fighting/psychic cores. I started with Heracross and Bisharp. Guts Heracross is amazing and really under utilized in this meta. +2 facade after burn will OHKO clef 94% of the time. +2 knock off will OHKO non z Slowbro. It OHKOs 168 bold amoon with facade. Also it sits at a really good speed tier of 85 for a wallbreaker. It also functions as a psuedo status sponge. For unaware clef you just need rocks up and it will 2HKO. I added Bisharp for pursuit trapping. I added Latias as it is the premiere defogger in the tier. I use HP Fire to lure in Scizor. It also hits Bisharp and Cobalion fairly hard. I went with Healing Wish to give Heracross another shot at wallbreaking in case something goes wrong. It also allows me to play much more aggressively with Heracross. I added hippo to provide some defensive backbone to the team, set Stealth Rocks, and check things like non Z Raikou and non Aqua Tail Mega Aaerodactyl. But the most important thing it does is help check Cobalion which really annoys this core. I added Hone Claws maero to work as my wincon and can double as a revenge killer. With 150 base speed it outspeeds everything but scarfers. Aqua Tail is nice to hit bulky grounds like hippo and Gliscor."

-------------

Archive
Week # | Winner
Week 1 | TSR
Week 2 | HotFuzzBall

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
reserving Starmie

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

ok I legit keep changing this so I'm just gonna stick with this one. Anyways, the team looks like it is quite weak to hazard stacking considering that Klefki/Hippowdon/Amoonguss would probably switch in and out a lot to check the Scarfers (Klefki for Hydreigon, Hippowdon for Krookodile?, Amoonguss for Keldeo) that would otherwise outspeed everything. Also Aerodactyl would probably appreciate rocks being removed as well. Icium-Z Keldeo is also supposed to lure in Grass-types / Latias too which does help Starmie a bit.

252 SpA Keldeo Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 172-203 (57.1 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Subzero Slammer (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 172-204 (57.1 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

?_?

Last edited:
Shiba, Icium Z and Normalium Z do the same damage on Grass-types, but Normalium hits Primarina harder oo

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade / Pursuit

I was gonna do CB Krookodile but I realized the guy above me changed his nomination so wynaut. I think the last mon could be Stoutland because it works really well on this team, basically because it has a Sand setter and hazard support from Klefki, and since I know Shiba well, I'm pretty sure that his last is Stoutland. Stoutland helps Keldeo to find setup opportunities, makes the matchup of the team much better against stall (Alomomola can't switch into Return), and the team is lacking a solid wallbreaker since Mega Aerodactyl is using a very specific set that aims beating Gliscor reliably while trapping Psychic- and Ghost-types.

Last edited:
reserving Hydreigon

The team is somewhat lacking in immediate breaking power, so a Life Orb or Choice Specs Hydreigon seems like a nice fit. Hydreigon also gives the team a little relief when dealing with Volcanion and Krookodile, which could prove to be very burdensome threats otherwise. Hydreigon loves Klefki's Spikes, as well as it spamming Thunder Wave to make Hydreigon able to take on faster offensive mons like Cobalion and Latias that it would otherwise be offensively checked by.

Last edited:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

i think the last mon could probably be slowking. the problems i believe that this team faces are aqua tail mega aerodactyl, starmie, keldeo (amoongus isn't particularly hard to pressure) in addition to the fact that it has no real way of beating a last mon Clefable. Slowking was the only mon that came to mind that could actually deal with all of these issues. It's not the best Clefable answer and loses to the Encore sets but it can beat it in a 1v1 scenario outside of that. Between phasing it with Hippo / Smogging it with Amoong and winning the CM War with Slowking it /should/ be able to be handled. and by virtue of its bulk and typing it's able to check mega aerodactyl, starmie and keldeo just fine too which makes me believe it's the best fit for the last mon. The match up to opposing slowbro / king is kind of rough too but running something like a scarf toxic keldeo would help deal with it in addition to providing some form of speed outside of mega aerodactyl instead of this nonsense icium set.

Last edited:
tenta.png
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 8 SpA / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray
I think tentacruel could be the last due to its ability to remove hazards for the team which are needed for the walls to properly check offensive threats. Along with this tentacruel can add toxic spikes of it's own to wear down walls for Keldeo and M-Aero to break/clean respectively while also helps the teams big weakness to volcanion.

Last edited:
And the winner of the first round of UU What's His Last? is...
TSR with his nomination,

Congratulations to our winner of first round. We are now moving to our second round of UU What's His Last?,

Current Team

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Substitute

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Healing Wish

This team is donated by our one and only Eyan, so thank you very much! "I built this team a while back around VinCune + Toxic Spikes, choosing Tentacruel as my Toxic Spikes user since I generally don't like VinCune as my sole bulky Water-type. Choice Scarf Krookodile was added to help patch up and Pursuit trap common threats like Raikou and Latias. Offensive SD Scizor was next to give me a solid check to things like Clefable, since Tentacruel was running Haze over Acid Spray, making it far more annoying to deal with. It also gives some much-appreciated priority. Clefable gives me Stealth Rock and generally acts as a catch-all check to a bunch of threats like Hydreigon. I have Healing Wish in the last slot because the aforementioned Pokemon have the tendency to get worn down quickly and I didn't feel the need for other moves like Flamethrower."

Submission phase ends Wednesday, April 12, at 11:59 pm EST.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
reserving latias

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost / Thunderbolt

Calm Mind Latias would easily fit in as the last member of the team. Latias can easily set-up or threaten Toxic Spike removers such as Amoonguss, Tentacruel, Nidos, etc. while also acting as a wincon since Clefable is going utility instead of Calm Mind. For the last slot, I'm certain it would be Roost or some other recovery move since Latias is the team's potential wincon and needs to stay healthy but, I can see Thunderbolt working since it can threaten out the tier's multitude of Water-types.

please tell us the last mon .-.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Those criticising Icium Z Keld seem to have missed the point of the set as a self supporting Latias lure, in that Icy Wind into subzero slammer KOes Latias after SR, and unless you've switched moves prior the assumption will always be Scarf making it pretty easy to pull off. By no means do I think it's the best set in the world but recognise it has a little bit of use lol.

This weeks team is fairly open ended in what the last could be, already having hazards and removal while also having speed and priority in the form of Krook and Scizor so the best way to deduce this would probably to patch any remaining weaknesses across the first 5 members. Having the mega slot free is also nice, so I'm going to plump for Aero. It provides more Speed which is always nice considering the next fastest mon after Krook is Cune, meaning a revenge killer to non Scarf Keldeo (the team handles Scarf fine but feels a bit soft vs Specs/Z/CM) and another Raikou revenge killer while also providing a big Flying resist and a less important Ground one although still useful. I think something like Edge/Wing/Aqua/EQ would work fine here although something like Hone Claws or Roost could definitely be considered given that Krook already has Pursuit and doubling up seems really unnecessary.

Honourable mention to Latias cos I considered that too a CM set seems cool here.

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving mew

As Freeroamer has already stated these 5 Pokemon already cover the majority of the Tier and types of builds that most teams should be preparing for.

Mew can run two viable sets that would help this team. Firstly, Mew actually helps this team with the Stall match up, other than trying to PP stall with Vincune + HWish. Stallbreaker Mew is able to Taunt fat stuff as well as support the team by spreading burns on to Pokemon that are immune to Toxic Spikes. Mew can also run either Psychic or Knock Off, which allow it either; damage grounded poisons (mentioned in HotFuzzBall's post), or remove passive recovery from walls. The second viable set Mew could run is NP + Three Attacks, it enjoys HWish support from Clefable in particular. Furthermore it adds some extra fire power to the team, and can apply pressure to fat teams. NP Mew can run either LO, Lum, Leftovers or Colbur Berry.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)