UU Player of the Week #1: Nas

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hello and welcome to Player of the Week. This thread hopes to increase the visibility of prominent UU players to the community and the outside world while promoting both users and the strategies that they find to be effective in the metagame. If there is someone you would like to see interviewed, feel free to drop me a PM.

Nas
Favorite Pokemon: Leafeon
Known for: Moderating UU forums, being the most senior active UUer
Most Used Pokemon: Sharpedo
namehtmas: So why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Nas: I'm a universtiy student studying kinesiology, outside of pokemon i enjoy things such as skiing, hockey, (yes im canadian if you didnt know) music, (classical and hip hop) and cooking (eating too)

namehtmas: What was your first Pokemon game?

Nas: Pokemon Silver, stole it out of my cousins room when he wasn't looking and returned it a couple months later. (lol)

namehtmas: How'd you get introduced to smogon?

Nas: Honestly I don't even remember, I started out on ign in 05 then someone introduced me to smogon shortly after. (sometime during adv) I stopped being a scrub and made an account in 2007, around when dpp dropped.

namehtmas: What made you play UU?

Nas: I guess I got bored of OU after a while and wanted to try something new, UU looked really fun at the time so I started playing, and eventually it became my main tier. (dpp uu>everything)

namehtmas: Who are some of your favorite players?

Nas: Probably Psychotic, Somalia, and Flareblitz. They always bring weird shit and are entertaining to watch/fight.

namehtmas: You've been around UU for a while. If you could change one thing since beta, what would it be?

Nas: I'd ban knock off because it's broke af

namehtmas: Top 5 albums of all time?

Nas:
Ah, we've arrived at the important questions.
Illmatic - Nas
Pieces of a Man - AZ
Moment of Truth - Gang Starr
ATLiens - OutKast
Life After Death - Notorious BIG

namehtmas: Any advice to new players?

Nas: Be active on irc and don't piss off kokoloko or your career in UU will be over.

namehtmas: Favorite Diglett fact?

Nas: The common misconception about Diglett is that it's an inferior Dugtrio. This is completely untrue, and Diglett actually has a lot going for it. For example, Diglett survives 252+ SpA Deoxys-A Grass Knot, whereas Dugtrio gets brutally OHKOed. This actually makes Diglett a solid choice in Ubers, a tier in which Dugtrio clearly has no place in.
252 SpA Deoxys-A Grass Knot (20 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diglett: 106-126 (65.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thanks for your time, Nas. I'll be back next week (obv) with another installment of Player of the Week.

That reminds me of that old NU meta where something dealt 20% to my corsola with grass knot.

Nice interview! And he has spoken, ban knock off ffs

Nas

Banned deucer.
Right now I'm looking to go to medical school but I'm also considering a career in physiotherapy or sports medicine, so a degree in kinesiology allows me to keep my options open. I also like that the program I'm in is a lot more interactive than most other science majors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)