UU Community Create-a-Team - Team #5 | Hiatus

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

Banner by Accelgor
approved by Ark, Hikari, Hogg, and King UU | OP Stolen from LC CCAT (with permission) | Co-Hosted by CoolStoryBrobat and HotFuzzBall

The UU Community Create-a-Team
With the recent bans and establishment of the UU tier, the time is right to explore the metagame further through the best way possible: teambuilding! And, of course, who better to teambuild with than the entire UU community? This project aims to have the community work together to build a competitively viable UU team, one Pokemon at a time. In the first round, people will submit a Pokemon or core which they would like to see a team built around. In subsequent rounds, people will submit Pokemon that complement what is already on the team. At the end of each round, people can vote on what they like the most, and the submission with the most votes will be added to the team. Ideally, this project will allow newcomers to UU to see how more experienced players go about building an team.

Rules
  • Please refrain from posting bad or not viable sets. Creativity is encouraged, however, any UU staff member (including council members, team raters, etc.) and the hosts reserve the right to exclude sets that just wouldn't work from voting.
  • Submissions must include the Pokemon, moveset, and a few sentences of description on how it compliments the team, why you chose the moveset you chose, and/or why your submission should be considered over the other options.
  • Pokemon can be submitted more than once IF they have multiple, unique sets. For example, Person A may submit Choice Scarf Infernape while Person B may submit Mixed Infernape.
  • When voting, you can only select one submission that isn't your own. Explanations of votes are nice to have to sway voters but, are not required.
  • Note that it isn't the end of the road after you have submitted your option, discussion of the submissions will be encouraged! Just remember to be civil and only refute other sets with solid reasoning.
  • Reservations are allowed but, try to complete your submission within 24 hours or else it'll be up for grabs again.
  • Submissions will generally last 72 hours and voting will last 24 hours. If the discussion turns out to be fruitful, then the voting phase will be delayed slightly.
This project will also be partnered with the RMT section of the forums. After the team is complete, they will be posted on the RMT subforum and the UU team raters will rate and edit the team in order to ensure maximum quality. :]

The Team

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pick Pocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
♡ (´。• ω •。`) Teams (´。• ω •。`) ♡

none :[​
#1 Calm Mind Raikou:
Raikou @ Ghostium-Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Wing Attack

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 172 Def / 8 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 16 SpA / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

#2 Dragon Dance Haxorus:
Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

#3 Quiver Dance Venomoth:
Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Alright now we are in the "Submissions Phase" This is where you guys will submit either a Pokemon or a 2-Pokemon Core that we will be working with for the next few weeks!

All posts must include...
- either 1 Pokemon or a 2-Pokemon core
- the set(s) in this format

Pokemon @ Item
Ability: -
EVs: -
Nature
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

- and an explanation of why you chose this set and potentially, why it is better than the other options.

Remember that Pokemon can be recommended more than once, IF they have multiple unique sets!

Post away~

Submissions will end on 3/24/2017 @7PM PST!

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader

Eject Button Amoon + Magneton
Amoonguss @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire / Synthesis

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

This is a core that I've posted about before that I really enjoy, for one primary reason: It can effectively deal with Scizor without needing to put fire coverage on everything. Of course, these both provide several other benefits to a team aside from dealing with Scizor. Amoonguss can provide a valuable free switch once per game against pretty much anything it can take a hit from if you don't need the button for Scizor, and performs the usual job of Amoonguss when the button's gone. Magneton provides momentum and can hit quite hard, along with trapping several steel types.

Pick this core over others if you hate Scizor with a passion.

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

CM Raikou
Raikou @ Leftovers / Ghostium Z / Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch / Substitute / Hyper Beam / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
Raikou is my nomination. An amazing threat to offensive builds that can also be tailored to give bulkier builds a hard time. Raikou brings us a bit of versatility and by choosing the set; we can choose what kind of team we would like to build. My personal favourite set at the time being is CM Volt Switch, which allows the user to inflict some early game damage or scouting; whilst maintaining a back up check against bulky waters; as well as an option as a boosting sweeper for late game - fitting on many team archetypes. Running Z-Move of choice gives more stopping power, taking on it's usual checks; through use of either z-Hyper Beam or z-Shadow Ball is very handy - Raikou's team mates would enjoy removal/weakening of such threats.

In summary Raikou is a useful first pick, because it isn't just an end game sweeper for a team, it's also a decent pivot and wall breaker of sorts. Raikou is easy to build around and synergises well with a lot of viable mons. Set optimisation can be decided on if we choose to run this Pokemon, but I am currently advocating for the CM Volt Switch variant.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man, not as many submissions as I would have liked thus far...I'll try my hand with this:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade / Knock Off / Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Roost

+

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald / Ice Beam

Chose this combo mainly for the offensive and defensive synergy both these Pokemon have. SD Gliscor is a great stallbreaker and just a really good mon in general, especially for breaking down bulky cores while still checking key offensive threats such as Bisharp, Scizor, and Gengar. However, Gliscor most of the time will have problems with threats like Hydreigon, Keldeo, and Mega Sharpedo, which Primarina does a fantastic job of offensively checking. Gliscor is capable of KOing mons like Empoleon, Tentacruel, Volcanion, Blissey, and Amoonguss, making it an excellent partner for Choice Specs Primarina to hammer away at teams more easily. They also have decent type synergy, with Primarina resisting Water and Ice moves for Gliscor while Gliscor can take Poison- and Electric-type moves for Primarina. Both of these Pokemon are often used as "glue" for their bulk/defensive typings coupled with offensive utility, and are very easy to pair with most metagame threats.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Lucario @ Fightinium Z / Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 31 Atk
- Nasty Plot / Swords Dance
- Aura Sphere / Close Combat
- Flash Cannon / Bullet Punch / Iron Tail
- Dark Pulse / Extreme Speed

This core is a fightingspam core which aims at Bewear breaking all Lucario's checks for Lucario to sweep lategame. This core works really well with a Healing Wisher as it can let Lucario try sweeping again or Bewear breaking the opposing team even more. This core also has some defeensive utility as Bewear's ability Fluffy lets it tank most contact moves which makes it a good check to Bisharp and Scizor which are both extremely good in this meta.

Aerodactyl (F) @ Aerodactylite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Hone Claws

Mega-Aerodactyl is a beast in this meta as is expected when nothing(pretty much) touches its speed tier unboosted. 236+spe beats +1 neutral m-sharpedo. 24hp keeps an odd number to take less from rocks/fang. 248atk keeps an even number to not lose the .5's durring boosting. The set can be swaped around but roost lets aero check thinks like locked darm/entei a little better. Pursuit, Aqua tail and aerial ace are options if you need them but edge/quake offers the best coverage over all. Just a very solid mon to buold around good speed tier and atk make sure aero is never dead weight.

I like HC Aero in this meta a lot and i'd be interested in having it as a focal point but why would you run anything less than max speed? Do you enjoy losing to every other Maero or are you just lucky enough to let them miss their stone edge first rather than at least setting up a 50/50?

Venomoth @ Buginium Z
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Sludge Bomb/Roost

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Venomoth + Mag is a cool core with the Moth being a really unappreciated threat in the uu metagame. Magneton helps to beat those pesky Steels which Moth cant always break past like Empo, Sciz and Keys. Z Bug Buzz + Tinted Lens means Moth does a shit ton to a lot of potential checks like Clef (+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Venomoth Savage Spin-Out (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 362-426 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO) and sleep powder despite never hitting is nice to take 1 mon out of the game against offensive teams.

Well I wanna bring up this set because I really feel like it deserves someone who knows more about Hyper Offense than me to make good use of it.

Ninetales-Alola @ Sitrus Berry / Focus Sash / Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power Fire / Blizzard

Few teams are prepared for this. After potential bullet punches and gengars are removed, Its faster than a huge part of the meta. Nasty plot came up as an idea when facing bulky waters that could take freeze dry like tentacruel, while also boosting moonblast to deal with bisharp and cobalion.

I like HC Aero in this meta a lot and i'd be interested in having it as a focal point but why would you run anything less than max speed? Do you enjoy losing to every other Maero or are you just lucky enough to let them miss their stone edge first rather than at least setting up a 50/50
I prefer to avoid the 50/50 altogether and other than other aeros i couldnt think of a reason to run max, i know the 24hp evs dont add much so they could be put back. With that said if my own m-aero is my only way to check aero then my team is bad and i should feel bad.

Ps edit. I do dig the moth-ton core.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Alright submissions are over and we shall now vote for your favorite Pokemon/Core to build around for the next few weeks!

Also please don't vote for yourself ^^

Voting will end on 3/25/2017 @7PM PST

A Cake Wearing A Hat - Eject Button Amoonguss + Magneton
Amoonguss @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire / Synthesis

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

This is a core that I've posted about before that I really enjoy, for one primary reason: It can effectively deal with Scizor without needing to put fire coverage on everything. Of course, these both provide several other benefits to a team aside from dealing with Scizor. Amoonguss can provide a valuable free switch once per game against pretty much anything it can take a hit from if you don't need the button for Scizor, and performs the usual job of Amoonguss when the button's gone. Magneton provides momentum and can hit quite hard, along with trapping several steel types.

Pick this core over others if you hate Scizor with a passion.

pokemon sparrow - Calm Mind Raikou
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Raikou is my nomination. An amazing threat to offensive builds that can also be tailored to give bulkier builds a hard time. Raikou brings us a bit of versatility and by choosing the set; we can choose what kind of team we would like to build. My personal favourite set at the time being is CM Volt Switch, which allows the user to inflict some early game damage or scouting; whilst maintaining a back up check against bulky waters; as well as an option as a boosting sweeper for late game - fitting on many team archetypes. Running Z-Move of choice gives more stopping power, taking on it's usual checks; through use of either z-Hyper Beam or z-Shadow Ball is very handy - Raikou's team mates would enjoy removal/weakening of such threats.

In summary Raikou is a useful first pick, because it isn't just an end game sweeper for a team, it's also a decent pivot and wall breaker of sorts. Raikou is easy to build around and synergises well with a lot of viable mons. Set optimisation can be decided on if we choose to run this Pokemon, but I am currently advocating for the CM Volt Switch variant.

CoolStoryBrobat - Swords Dance Gliscor + Choice Specs Primarina
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade / Knock Off / Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald / Ice Beam

Chose this combo mainly for the offensive and defensive synergy both these Pokemon have. SD Gliscor is a great stallbreaker and just a really good mon in general, especially for breaking down bulky cores while still checking key offensive threats such as Bisharp, Scizor, and Gengar. However, Gliscor most of the time will have problems with threats like Hydreigon, Keldeo, and Mega Sharpedo, which Primarina does a fantastic job of offensively checking. Gliscor is capable of KOing mons like Empoleon, Tentacruel, Volcanion, Blissey, and Amoonguss, making it an excellent partner for Choice Specs Primarina to hammer away at teams more easily. They also have decent type synergy, with Primarina resisting Water and Ice moves for Gliscor while Gliscor can take Poison- and Electric-type moves for Primarina. Both of these Pokemon are often used as "glue" for their bulk/defensive typings coupled with offensive utility, and are very easy to pair with most metagame threats.

Ov3r Ac3 - Fighting Spam with Lucario and Bewear
Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Lucario @ Fightinium Z / Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 31 Atk
- Nasty Plot / Swords Dance
- Aura Sphere / Close Combat
- Flash Cannon / Bullet Punch / Iron Tail
- Dark Pulse / Extreme Speed

This core is a fightingspam core which aims at Bewear breaking all Lucario's checks for Lucario to sweep lategame. This core works really well with a Healing Wisher as it can let Lucario try sweeping again or Bewear breaking the opposing team even more. This core also has some defeensive utility as Bewear's ability Fluffy lets it tank most contact moves which makes it a good check to Bisharp and Scizor which are both extremely good in this meta.

JoarAddamNessosin - Hone Claws / Roost Mega Aerodactyl
Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Hone Claws

Mega-Aerodactyl is a beast in this meta as is expected when nothing(pretty much) touches its speed tier unboosted. 236+spe beats +1 neutral m-sharpedo. 24hp keeps an odd number to take less from rocks/fang. 248atk keeps an even number to not lose the .5's durring boosting. The set can be swaped around but roost lets aero check thinks like locked darm/entei a little better. Pursuit, Aqua tail and aerial ace are options if you need them but edge/quake offers the best coverage over all. Just a very solid mon to build around good speed tier and atk make sure aero is never dead weight.

Villa - Venomoth + Magneton
Venomoth @ Buginium Z
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Sludge Bomb/Roost

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Venomoth + Mag is a cool core with the Moth being a really unappreciated threat in the uu metagame. Magneton helps to beat those pesky Steels which Moth cant always break past like Empo, Sciz and Keys. Z Bug Buzz + Tinted Lens means Moth does a shit ton to a lot of potential checks like Clef (+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Venomoth Savage Spin-Out (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 362-426 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO) and sleep powder despite never hitting is nice to take 1 mon out of the game against offensive teams.

Godfather 4 - Nasty Plot Alolan-Ninetales
Ninetales-Alola @ Sitrus Berry / Focus Sash / Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power Fire / Blizzard

Few teams are prepared for this. After potential bullet punches and gengars are removed, Its faster than a huge part of the meta. Nasty plot came up as an idea when facing bulky waters that could take freeze dry like tentacruel, while also boosting moonblast to deal with bisharp and cobalion.

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Voting CSB on this one.
  • Can't justify the use of eject button since not every team runs Scizor.
  • Prima + Gliscor form a solid core. I'd like to suggest Toxic as a slash on Gliscor - it can 1v1 a ton of threats as well as unaware stall this way.
  • Fighting Spam, though nice, limits our team synergistically and requires a heap of support to work well.
  • M-Aero I feel is better off as mid game speed control and this set in particular is easily walled/handled by common Pokemon such as Scizor, Hippo, Bulky Waters etc. Also forcing us to run cleric support - unless we go offensive route.
  • I like Venomoth, but it limits our options team wise. I also envision this team becoming a solid representation of the metagame right now. No disrepect but a niche threat that hasn't been well tested seems shaky.
  • I share the same sentiment for Ninetales-a especially considering how common Scizor & m-Aero are atm.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
The votes are in and we will be working with a sparrow's Calm Mind Raikou set!
a sparrow - 5
CoolStoryBrobat - 2
Ov3r Ac3 - 2
A Cake Wearing A Hat - 2
Villa - 1

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

The next step is obviously to construct the team, so we will now be entering the Teambuilding Phase. Anyways, now is the time to submit team members that will compliment Raikou ^^

Deadline for submissions will be on 3/28/2017 @ 7PM PST

Here are the rules from the OP just in case
  • Please refrain from posting bad or not viable sets. Creativity is encouraged, however, any UU staff member (including council members, team raters, etc.) and the hosts reserve the right to exclude sets that just wouldn't work from voting.
  • Submissions must include the Pokemon, moveset, and a few sentences of description on how it compliments the team, why you chose the moveset you chose, and/or why your submission should be considered over the other options.
  • Pokemon can be submitted more than once IF they have multiple, unique sets. For example, Person A may submit Z-Rain Dance Keldeo while Person B may submit Choice Specs Keldeo.
  • When voting, you can only select one submission that isn't your own. Explanations of votes are nice to have to sway voters but, are not required.
  • Note that it isn't the end of the road after you have submitted your option, discussion of the submissions is encouraged! Just remember to be civil and only refute other sets with solid reasoning.
  • Submissions will generally last 72 hours and voting will last 24 hours. If the discussion turns out to be fruitful, then the voting phase will be delayed slightly.
post away~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)