SPOILERS! USUM Leaked Content Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hi All,

As things have progressed over the last week, I have decided to create a thread for the leaks which are likely to happen very soon. We already have an image (which is very small) of the front cover of the USUM physical Dex book.

The information portrayed in this thread may not be accurate, so take everything with a pinch of salt until things are confirmed - Please also do not speculate wildly from the content provided

If full data leaks or other content leaks ahead of the game release, please post in this thread as opposed to the other thread which I will update to include an "Official Media" moniker.

Current Leaks:

Current front cover of the Dex Book (Two images as both are horrific quality)

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
ok so these are the new mons from Melemele and Akala (we only got a small snippet of Akala so there's most likely going to be more)
Buneary, Inkay, Zorua, Furfrou, Mime Jr, Ekans, Dunsparce, Murkrow, Noibat (not sure if it's Noibat but, it's the mons before Diglett and after Crobat), Flabebe, Smoochum, Seel, Mawile, Clamperl, Remoraid, Mantyke, Mareep (Akala)
It looks like every Melemele Island mon from S/M has made their return (GF tends to enjoy removing certain mons in the game's sequel/remake/revision/whatever the official name is) so it's nice that they didn't do it this time around, for now.

Saw this from a Japanese user, and even know you've come here to look at spoilers, I'll keep it in a spoiler tag anyway:

001 - 023: Same as SM Alola Dex
024 - 025: Buneary, Lopunny
026 - 027: Inkay, Malamar
028 - 029: Zorua, Zoroark
030: Furfrou
031 - 058: SM Alola Dex+7
059 - 060: Mime Jr, Mr Mime
061 - 062: Ekans, Arbok
063: Dunsparce
064 - 077: SM Alola Dex+12
078 - 079: Murkrow, Honchkrow
080 - 082: SM Alola Dex+12
083 - 084: Noibat, Noivern
085 - 095: SM Alola Dex+14
096 - Hawlucha
097 - 099: Oricorio, Cutiefly, Ribombee
100 - 102: Flabebe, Floette, Florges
103 - 108: SM Alola Dex+18
109 - 110: Smoochum, Jynx
111 - 114: SM Alola Dex+20
115 - 116: Seel, Dewgong
117 - 124: SM Alola Dex+22
125: Mawile
126 - 139: SM Alola Dex+23
140 - 142: Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss
143 - 144: Remoraid, Octillery
145 - 146: Mantyke, Mantine
147 - 149: Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence
150 - 161: SM Alola Dex+30
162 - 164: Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos
165 - 176: SM Alola Dex+33

Flabebe, Smoochum, Seel, Mawile, Clamperl, Remoraid, Mantyke, Mareep (Akala)
An actual early game ice-type. Codraroll can finally rejoice for his prayers have been answered. Thank you Game Freak, thank you for saving this man and the rest of us from our misery.

Seriously though, judging from the the Psyduck next to it in the image, Smoochum will most likely be found in the Seaward Cave which is super early. Smoochum is also legitimately good unlike Delibird with Powder Snow, Confusion, Sweet Kiss and Sing all before level 20. You already know it's going on my team.

I like some of the new additions so far, but I would have preferred they steered their focus away from Gen I Pokémon. The Alolan dex already has a lot of them.

It looks like every Melemele Island mon from S/M has made their return (GF tends to enjoy removing certain mons in the game's sequel/remake/revision/whatever the official name is) so it's nice that they didn't do it this time around, for now.
Actually, it looks like Misdreavus and Mismagius have been replaced with Murkrow and Honchkrow.

Due to the sheer number of Pokémon they added to the Alolan dex, it’s feels pretty likely we are not getting any new Pokémon besides the UB Burst & UB Assembly.

Due to the sheer number of Pokémon they added to the Alolan dex, it’s feels pretty likely we are not getting any new Pokémon besides the UB Burst & UB Assembly.
I’m not sure we can safely assume that everything catchable in these games will be in the Alolan dex. We’ve seen 33 additions now, we know about UB Assembly, Adhesive and Burst, and we know we’ll be able to catch at least 37 legendaries that weren’t in SM. We also know about the Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos starters and probably some more I’m overlooking. This seems like it would leave an exceptionally small number of mons to add to the last two islands.

I’m not sure we can safely assume that everything catchable in these games will be in the Alolan dex. We’ve seen 33 additions now, we know about UB Assembly, Adhesive and Burst, and we know we’ll be able to catch at least 37 legendaries that weren’t in SM. We also know about the Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos starters and probably some more I’m overlooking. This seems like it would leave an exceptionally small number of mons to add to the last two islands.
The starters are through Island Scan, and there's essentially no way the legendaries are in the regional 'dex.

I believe a normal Crobat has shown up in trailer footage (on the player's side in a battle), so it seems like it's probably just an error.

Something else that’s weird is that from what I can tell, Mudbray and Mudsdale have Electric colors. I say this as their colors are the same as the Ampharos line. Also, colors are based off of primary types, so keep that in mind.

Something else that’s weird is that from what I can tell, Mudbray and Mudsdale have Electric colors. I say this as their colors are the same as the Ampharos line. Also, colors are based off of primary types, so keep that in mind.
It's actually light brown to represent the Ground type

Well, well, well... this will be my first time ever to use Arbok in a playthrough (though to be fair I was planning on using a breedject - thankfully it seems I won't need to). May include Murkrow as well, though it will depend on which reptiles/dinosaurs appear in which order.

So far it will be Rowlet, Rufflet, Ekans, Murkrow, Bagon and Hawlucha. One of them (either Murkrow or Bagon) could be replaced by a Jangmo-o breedject.

Last edited:
It does look like however that several sites picked up the Zubat family detail. We'll see, reveals are soon.

On another note though, it seems weird for Arbok's line to appear in this game, considering that snakes are banned in Hawaii IIRC. But whatever, I like the inclusion of it. If there isn't anything else I could use that peaks my interest, it'll likely go on my team.

Early game Hawlucha seems overkill. But who knows?

Seems like Misdreavus and Murkrow switched spots? It'd be very weird for Misdreavus to just disappear from the dex, so I'm guessing it'll likely go in the haunted convenience store.

I agree it'd be slightly overkill but it wouldn't be the first time they did it. In XY, Hawlucha is found on Route 10 just after Cyllage City (the second badge) at around level 20.
"second gym" in XY was also like...an extended period of time away from gym 1
So it's not *quite* the same.

I'm guessing it will be an SOS only, and maybe available after ilima's trial like mankey was

Excited for early-ish Ekans. I've always wanted to use one, but every time it's been available it has:
-had a terrible move pool in a game with limited TM usage
-decent move pool in a game with limited tm usage
-i already had a plan
-i had the other version

Now it's early enough, in a game with unlimited TMs AND move tutors. The only pokemon I'd want in the aerly game more would actualyl be Lickitung but alas. I'm still miffed that Lickitung was post game in BW2 despite being in the dex and in victory road in XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)