UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Hi, requesting a Toxic Spikes team with SubRoost Kyurem.

Kyurem @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

The idea being that the Toxic Spikes cause the foe to take escalating chip damage, while Kyurem sits behind its sub throwing out reasonably strong attacks. Ideally I see this team as being more of a bulky offensive team. I tried a T Spikes team in NU with great success, and I feel it's a highly underrated playstyle. As for T Spikers I had 2 in mind

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis / Spikes

Roserade beats most bulky Water types in UU, and thanks to Natural Cure and its Grass typing it makes a good status sponge. It can also sponge Fairy and weaker Fighting moves for Kyurem. It also removes Toxic Spikes from my own side.

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Nidoqueen may not have Natural Cure, but it does have Roar to prevent opponents setting up on it. It can take the Fighting and Fairy moves Kyurem draws in, while Kyurem can take the Water moves Nidoqueen draws in.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
mploz

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Quick Attack
- Baton Pass

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

So firstly wanted to apologize for inactivity but irl's a bitch. Anyhow, honestly this isn't my best shit I'll admit but I liked the idea of having Sylveon become a really really strong wallbreaker with Magneton removing its usual checks in Steel-types and pairing it with a sweeper that could 100% abuse the idea. I went with standard Specs w/ Shadow Ball (for Bronzong / Doublade) and Quick Attack (helps with picking off offense in general, esp really weakened frail 'mons like Heliolisk) on Sylveon. For Magneton I decided that honestly having dual Specs is much much better as opposed to the Eviolite Magnet Rise version for the utility it provides in general outside of just trapping Steels since having an extra wallbreaker and Volt Switch utility is definitely really nice to have. HP Fire is for Escav but honestly I have it here mainly because I fought Hogg who used a Ferroseed that annoyed the hell out of me LOL. After the main core I wanted to have a sweeper that abused the removal of Steels so I went for Celebi but then realized how slow the team was and how it would've been vulnerable to a lot of stuff so I decided to have another Pokemon as the main sweeper and instead have Celebi act as my Choice Scarf user to further support that sweeper. Said sweeper ended up being Haxorus as I thought it really worked well with the support I already had while not being extremely slow. The last two slots had to be occupied by my hazard control and I decided to go with Krookodile and Mega Blastoise. I chose them for mainly being able to cover the slight Fire problem I thought the team would've had, although they're not the most solid I don't aim for a drawn out game anyways. Krookodile is a Taunt + Rocky Helmet set to punish most hazard removers and prevent Cresselia and other bulky setup sweepers from taking advantage of my rather weak answers should they get the opportunity. Blastoise set is mostly standard.

Disclaimer: Weak as fuck to Mamoswine in hindsight but honestly this was the best draft I had and I really like playing with it so meh. You could do a bunch of other things like having Psyshock Sylveon for Tentacruel which was an annoyance to my team on multiple occasions. Ice Beam Mega Blastoise can punish people counterteaming (not literally) with Colbur Berry Celebi but in general it also helps with punishing Chesnaught and Mega Ampharos which I found annoying too on occasion. Expert Belt + Iron Tail Krookodile is something I thought would be nice to have considering my weak Fairy-resists but I tend to play really aggressively so it's not the worst although cleric Sylveon is really strong against me. Overall not one of my best works I'd think but I found it enjoyable and hope it works out for you.

I know it's considered a lousy Pokemon as it's currently unranked on the viability rankings, but I would like to request a team with Slaking. It's one of the most powerful mons in the game but unfortunately, it suffers from a crippling ability. I understand it's very flawed in that it gives up free turns and relies on predicting correctly depending on the team matchup, but it is also one of the most powerful mons in the tier with the ability to OHKO like 85-90% of the tier with the appropriate move. Slaking with a Choice Band or Choice Scarf serves as a good revenge killer and wall-breaker with its power and bulk, impacting battles against all team archetypes.

I've used Slaking a fair bit and have a meme team utilising it that's decent enough to make it to 1600+ consistently on the ladder but I was wondering what someone else could potentially come up with. I'm not asking for a high-end team or anything, just want to see another person's perspective on how to use this monster and maybe get a fun team out of it for room tours.

This is the set I generally use:

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Retaliate
- Sucker Punch
- Hammer Arm / Earthquake / Fire Punch

Cheers!

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TrulyDevious your request is complete. I've got a team featuring offensive Suicune available for your use. I built this team to use against Ice Tea during the group stage of UU Majors. It's an offensive team that uses strong breakers in order to open up an opportunity for Haxorus or Aerodactyl to sweep.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Atk / 36 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Roost

This team started out as a counterstyle to the dodmen offense that Ice Tea ran for most of the pool stage of UU Majors. I started with Haxorus and Aerodactyl because they matched up well against the builds Ice Tea was using at the time, added Mamoswine for more breaking power and priority, and then rounded the team out with Whimsicott, Suicune, and Metagross for defensive synergy. I slapped Tailwind on Suicune since common offense builds struggle to deal with +2 Mamoswine and it gave me a kind of panic button against stuff like Mega Sharpedo, Rock Polish Cobalion, various Choice Scarf/Dragon Dance users, etc.

This team is very aggressive and rewards good prediction and planning. Do not be afraid to sacrifice multiple Pokemon in order to open up an opportunity to win.

Possible Changes
  • Metagross can run Bullet Punch and/or Life Orb. Explosion + Life Orb lets it break walls more effectively, while Bullet Punch provides some additional utility against offense.
  • Whimsicott can run Yache Berry if the user is worried about the team's ability to take Ice-type attacks.
  • Whimsicott can run various other utility moves over Encore or U-turn.
  • Aerodactyl can run Hone Claws for more power.
This team is far from perfect, so, as usual, feedback is welcome. Feel free to post any critiques in this thread or contact me privately.

In other news, I present the following: please welcome Wanka back to the Lab. We're glad to have you on the team!

Also:
I know it's considered a lousy Pokemon as it's currently unranked on the viability rankings, but I would like to request a team with Slaking. It's one of the most powerful mons in the game but unfortunately, it suffers from a crippling ability. I understand it's very flawed in that it gives up free turns and relies on predicting correctly depending on the team matchup, but it is also one of the most powerful mons in the tier with the ability to OHKO like 85-90% of the tier with the appropriate move. Slaking with a Choice Band or Choice Scarf serves as a good revenge killer and wall-breaker with its power and bulk, impacting battles against all team archetypes.

I've used Slaking a fair bit and have a meme team utilising it that's decent enough to make it to 1600+ consistently on the ladder but I was wondering what someone else could potentially come up with. I'm not asking for a high-end team or anything, just want to see another person's perspective on how to use this monster and maybe get a fun team out of it for room tours.

This is the set I generally use:

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Retaliate
- Sucker Punch
- Hammer Arm / Earthquake / Fire Punch

Cheers!
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people about what is good in the meta and how to build effective teams. (Think B- or above in the viability rankings). Furthermore, all requests must make sure that the Pokemon being requested to be built around are at least B- rank (or above) in the Viability Rankings. If you're requesting a core, make sure that you provide good reasoning as to why that core is worth building around in the current metagame. Even if only one Pokemon is to be built around, it must be viable enough in the current metagame to warrant receiving the time and effort of our staff. We reserve the right to decline any request that we do not feel meets the Lab's quality standards.
DECLINED

Last edited:
Hello there, I would like to request a team based around SD Mega Abomasnow.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

With Sylveon being such a popular Pokémon, having something that can come in freely on its most clicked attack is nice (hey it also blocks Roar I guess). Moreover, Abomasnow can also threaten the supremely common Forretress/Swampert/Sylveon cores while chunking other extremely popular threats like Hydreigon, Krookodile, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Sceptile and Celebi.
Personally I like going with a simple 252 / 4 / 252 spread to outspeed uninvested base 60s, mostly to avoid potential Scald burns from 0 Spd Empoleon.

As a personal addition, I'd prefer a more offensive build over a balance if possible, as I have been having trouble moving on from the pretty standard framework of Sylv/Pert/steel/Crobat/MAboma/cutefillerthatdoesn'tmindsacredfire while also getting decent success. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Ark
Hey guys, I would like to request a team around the core of Mega Beedrill + Doublade

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Filler

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Mega Beedrill is a real threat in UU tier and can be really useful to grab momentum while destroying teams. It's speed tier is also godly while being matched by only Mega Sceptile and Mega Aero. Doublade is a good partner to Mega Bee as it helps to cover its psychic and rock weakness and in general tank physical hits really well with its exceptional physical bulk + eviolite. The above stated core is really weak to entei/fire mons in general and is not very bulky in general. I would like the build to be bulky offense or balance if possible. The sets of the mons can be decided by the builder if he thinks they are not best for the team. Thank you in advance. Cheers

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Mega Abomasnow offense for cappino

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

Pretty happy that I got to build this team because it's always to nice be able to use anti-meta threats like SD snow and nab wins with them. The ladder itself just seemed to be innately unprepared for it and it performed well in pretty much every game I played. As you requested, the team itself is more offensively oriented and focuses more on breaking your opponent before he/she breaks you. A heavy offense build with aboma as its mega is probably going to be inherently weak to certain threats, so that's where that idea came from. That being said, I think I did a decent job at building something that is able to break down teams rather quickly while still holding enough defensive utility to last through a battle and still come out on top. The breaking as you can probably tell, comes from hydrei, queen, and mega snow. They do an exceptional job at being able to break down teams as queen and hydrei are more renowned threats while aboma caught some people by surprise. Would also like to note that soundproof is an amazing ability right now and I got set up on more sylveons than I have fingers which was really nice and it helped me out a ton. scarf nape is there for speed control, which bolsters the teams matchup vs offense and it's also a nice emergency gyarados check if things get out of hand. doublade is a very nice back up wincon and cleaner while also acting as a quick check to Maero. speedy core breaker tenta is there for rapid spin, to core break, and to set up t spikes which helps aboma and doublade sweep.

Other notes:
- I was initially running 3 attacks + roost drei with IT but realized i have 2 poison types, a steel type, and something to set up on sylveon so I just made it taunt roost. You could make it 3 attacks with superpower to fuck blissey or go back to IT if u choose. Just food for thought.

-was also initially running LO tentacruel for unknown reasons but changed it to sludge because idk why I had LO. Idk if LO guaruntees an ohko on celebi or not but black sludge is probs still the way to go.

hope u like it! n_n Send feedback ofc if theres anything I could improve on, gl.

Edit: Forgot replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-472034395
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-472055165
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-472075363
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-472460059
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-472262320

Hey

I'm not one of the official builders but I have a pretty cool team that also fills cappino's request. I don't plan on making an RMT or anything so thought i'd share it here as an alternative to Wanka's approach. Hope that's cool :)

Here's a fun team I made around magnet rise Cobalion, which is a pretty awesome set being able to set up on many popular mons such as: CB Krook/Nido's/Mamo/Gligar/Abomasnow/Scarf Hydrei/Mandibuzz/Donphan(lol)

Conveniently Noivern's typing pairs somewhat well with Cobalion's, should the opponent consider Ice-Sharding your noivern they must be wary as Cobalion can come in threatening a setup. Noiverns typing allows it to serve as an offensive check to things like Infernape and Entei, whilst providing speed and wallbreaking power (also switcheroo).

Noivern also serves as a fast recipient for NastyPass Celebi, I stole the Celebi set from Hogg's RMT, it passes 101HP subs and Noivern can easily Switcheroo the incoming Special Wall at +2.

Aboma is another great anti meta Mon with soundproof making it immune to Hyper Voice and Roar pre-mega, as well as providing strong priority that benefits the team greatly. The replays below show some of the work that Aboma puts in.

Don't ask why Im using Lum Swampert but I love it especially vs Entei and T-Spikes.

The team has been great fun as well as functional for me, here are some cool replays.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-472947253 - Snow demonstrates how it dismantles common teams in the current meta, my opp was rank 4 on ladder
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-471826438 - Early holes punched by Noivern and pert allow for Coba to sweep easily
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-470803630 - I come across Pif on the ladder and conveniently discover this counter-teams.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-473568323 - Fun game vs rain - hail + Ice Shard is super helpful and Cobalion nets 4 kills.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Magnet Rise

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Swampert @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi. So I went ahead and did a lot of the requests on the current list, which most likely marks the end of teambuilding lab because most people are currently interested in S/M so the ladder's dead and the UU room's currently fixated on Hogg's S/M UU speculation tour. I want to firstly apologize to Schpoonman , citro , Hogg , Spoof , WhimsicottIsBroken , and JoarAddamNessosin because I didn't do your requests due to various reasons. Mostly being either lack of interest (Tailwind + Nidoking), being impossible (haha SpD Arc + Ches + Suicune bulky offense, gl with that), or I just plain forgot (Venomoth). I'd also like to thank everyone for posting requests for the majority of ORAS, as well as XY, and for everyone on the builders team who've been pumping them out.

alohabrah

Tyrantrum @ Hard Stone
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Magnet Rise

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Tail
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower

Cresselia (F) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight

Alright starting off with the Tyrantrum + Haxorus request I decided to change the sets slightly with having Rocks Tyrantrum over Choice Band so I didn't have to worry too much about the utility of needing Stealth Rocks later on while the wallbreaking power isn't too hampered due to Hard Stone. DD Haxorus is standard so after the duo I decided to go with a form of DragMag so obviously the next member would be Magneton and for this I decided upon a Choice Specs variant since that's honestly the only good variant imo and it needs the damage to be able to inflict significant damage towards most Steel-types. Next up would be Klefki to provide obligatory Fairy-type support and a secondary Steel-type so I wouldn't be completely cucked everytime a Whimsicott came into play. Next up I wanted another strong wallbreaker to ensure Haxorus could sweep, and Hydreigon was my wallbreaker of choice. Lastly needed to make sure I didn't lose to every threat in the game I decided to not cover well because DragMag so Cresselia for all-around purposes it is. No hazard removal so thread carefully against opposing Klefki and such. Tyrantrum's last slot is up for discretion, chose DTail cos I thought it would be nice to have against opponents that have rather bulkier Pokemon that like to come in for "free" like Mega Aggron.

Black Buddha

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Toxicroak @ Lum Berry
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Memento

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

Moltres @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Tailwind

Alright next up dual SD users, both Fighting-types. I tried to make it so we get the whole team around the idea of making Lucario able to sweep so there's a lot of different options you can take to get to that point. For example before this, I had EQ Lucario and Ice Punch Toxicroak w/ Life Orb but now I have Bullet Punch Luc and Knock Off Tox w/ Lum Berry (for Sableye). After the initial one-two punch I went for Whimsicott since it was a simple support Pokemon that could help cover a lot of bases in terms of facing against the likes of Hydreigon and such while also having Memento to ensure Lucario has an easy opportunity to setup each game. After that I wanted a solid Rocker that could also help with the potential Entei issue so I decided upon Mega Swampert (could use Regular honestly, Entei's a cuck either way). Afterwards wanted to get good hazard removal so Empoleon it is since a) didn't really care about Rapid Spin too much, b) wanted the Steel-type resistances so Tentacruel was out of the picture. Lastly, have Moltres to again help with Entei while also providing an extremely strong wallbreaker that hugely benefits from having two Fighting-types that would take most of the attention. Again, a lot that's subject to change like the sets of both main Pokemon and such.

Siika

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam

So you mentioned how you didn't care too much for the particular Feraligatr set as long as it had Waterfall and Crunch. Therefore I decided upon using SD + 3 Attacks Feraligatr but with the third attack being Ice Punch so it could rampage through Chesnaught stall. With that much wallbreaking prowess, I decided upon having a cleaner next so a Choice Scarf user that could be pleased with the potential removal of many threatening walls like Cresselia would be a good choice thus leaving me choosing Mienshao since it also had the added benefit of nuking very hard itself. Next up I wanted Mega Aerodactyl to add more Speed to the team and to ensure I couldn't be wrecked by Grasses and Crobat. Standard Pursuit variant to make sure I don't get destroyed by Beedrill VoltTurn. Next up I needed to account for entry hazards so I just went with Defog + SR Empoleon because I'm lazy. Sue me. Afterwards I wanted another strong wallbreaker so as to ensure I could completely obliterate anybody who thought getting rid of Feraligatr was the end of their worries should they be using stall so I set on having Chandelure, especially since this helped me cover my potential Entei issue and acted as a secondary Fairy-resist. Lastly I wanted to be able to get past bulky Water-types easily and so I decided upon Celebi since it also gave me a secondary wincon, a Ground-resist, Fighting-resist and Natural Cure so I didn't have to be especially wary about Klefki screwing everything. I want to note that a lot is still interchangeable like the last slot since I had Nidoking and Rotom-C there prior so it's still up for debate.

Cheryl.

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Focus Punch

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Magnet Rise

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Acid Spray
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Ok so with the initial core of CB Conkeldurr and MegaBee I knew from the get-go I wanted to build with Spikes since they both benefit heavily due to their respective traits of being able to pressure most Pokemon out while also being able to not be punished too easily. Klefki definitely helps this cobo out due to TWave spread being able to enable Conkeldurr a lot more while Spikes support coupled with its typing makes this a no-brainer. Next up is Mamoswine which is another somewhat slow wallbreaker that benefits from being paired with Klefki but this Pokemon has the added benefit of being a Rocks setter that isn't going to be too afraid of many hazard removers and almost no hazard removers want to switch into it directly. Afterwards as it goes with Beedrill you'll want hazard removal and because of Klefki being on the team Defog was not the hazard removal of choice so I went with Tentacruel since it also helped by providing another form of entry hazards while being able to switch into Entei once if need be. Afterwards I went with Choice Scarf Hydreigon in order to have better options against faster offense although Life Orb could be a decent option as well since Klefki's para spread could make up for the seemingly lack of good Speed. Again, a lot open for changes.

PinkDragonTamer

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Magnet Rise
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass
- Quick Attack

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- U-turn

So while it may be different from what was originally posted I decided to go with Lum Berry + Magnet Rise Cobalion here since I had planned on going Magnet Rise anyway to have more setup opportunities but Chople Berry / Occa Berry didn't appeal to me, the former because I felt I wasn't too troubled by the prospect of Fighting-types as compared to the potential sweep stopping annoyance known as Klefki / Sableye and Occa Berry seems pretty bad considering Chandelure's something you don't touch particularly well regardless without Stone Edge. However, Chople Berry's probably a fine option here too all things considered. Nevertheless afterwards the Sylveon set is mostly standard without Baton Pass since that's banned. I wanted to enable Sylveon as much as possible to ensure it could wallbreak enough for Cobalion to come through so I decided upon Dread Plate Pursuit Krookodile to remove Bronzongs and the like while also being able to function as my Stealth Rock setter. Next up is hazard removal so again with the Empoleon but a HP Electric variant this time because screw Gyarados. Afterwards came the Mega Aerodactyl with 4 Attacks in order to check what it needs to with Fire Fang being there to screw over Klefki thinking Magnet Rise is a smart idea and especially Escavalier and Forretress while also providing some measure of damage against the likes of Cobalion and Doublade. Lastly is Choice Scarf Celebi to provide a good tool for checking many a threat while giving the team the Speed it would need to fight other offense better and Healing Wish utility.

tankmonx

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Magnet Rise

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Rest
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Cobalion @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish

I hate this request so goddamn much. Dear lord I hate Dragalge, it lets in way too many threats for its own good, and especially for mine. Nevertheless decided to have Krookodile be an SR variant with Rocky Helmet + Taunt to ensure I could keep entry hazards up as much as possible while punishing most U-turn users. Afterwards came the much needed Klefki (I tried building this for 3 days straight before Klefki dropped; impossible tbh) which quickly turned my attention to having Mega Blastoise as it provided a much needed strong offensive presence while functioning as entry hazard removal and Entei deterrent. Next I wanted to be able to solidly beat bulky Water-types so I went with Shaymin because I thought I needed the extra wallbreaking prowess as opposed to a wincon due to my next Pokemon: dual dance Cobalion. I went for it to be able to clean against offense while sweeping against balance. As I had no Ground-immunity Air Balloon seemed like a good option.

mploz

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Leech Seed

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Alright so using Specs Sylveon + Specs Magneton because reasons and needed a wincon that benefit heavily from the wallbreaking prowess and Steel-type removal so enter NP Celebi + Leech Seed to provide much needed longevity to everything. Afterwards came the Swampert + Crobat core for my entry hazard purposes while covering for numerous threats including Entei, Fighting-types, Celebi, and so on. Crobat EVs are courtesy of Killintime . Lastly, I wanted a cleaner to provide much needed Speed to the team that would be purely for such purposes and a Fighting-type, therefore I went with Infernape since I liked the ability to outspeed Mienshao on a team like this.

ColdEdge

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Crunch

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Pretty standard. HC Aero + Emp was the core and the former has Crunch because i hate Cresselia and it lures Bronzong for Celebi. Emp is SR + Defog because I can't be bothered to look for slots later on, HP Elec is an option over Ice Beam. Krook is there because Aero appreciates it and Celebi later on also appreciates it. Celebi is next because it has good synergy with Aerodactyl as it takes out bulky Water-types and benefits from Aerodactyl being able to remove Bronzong and weaken Forretress. Dazzling Gleam is used because I have Krookodile for most Steel-types + Aero too and I'm scared of Hydreigon. Last slot is Sylveon to act as a glue that isn't too passive and provides a lot of longevity and support.

Deeerpz

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Alright so MegaToise + Entei was the original core, both are semi-slow and could appreciate Speed control. Enter Klefki which gives Speed control, a lot of defensive utility and Spikes so it synergizes with both Pokemon extremely well. Afterwards I put in Nidoqueen because NidoToise is strong and getting enabled by Klefki makes it a lot better while being able to complete my entry hazard core. Next up I added in Honchkrow because, again, another slow but strong breaker that benefits from Klefki but has the added bonus of turning into a cleaner and has priority too. Lastly I have Celebi because it functions well as a stallbreaker that beats bulky Waters (Suicune) reliably while Leech Seed helps in providing longevity, especially against Blissey.

I would like to request a team around a special Crobat and a Ddance Crawdaunt.

Crobat@ Black sludge
EVs: 252 spe/ 252 SpA/ 4 def
Quiet Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Heatwave
-Giga Drain
-Air Slash or Sludgebomb

Crawdaunt@ Life orb or Sitrus berry
EVs: 252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 4 def
-Dragon Dance
-Crab Hammer
-Crunch
-Aqua jet or X-Scissor

I would like to request a team around a special Crobat and a Ddance Crawdaunt.

Crobat@ Black sludge
EVs: 252 spe/ 252 SpA/ 4 def
Quiet Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Heatwave
-Giga Drain
-Air Slash or Sludgebomb

Crawdaunt@ Life orb or Sitrus berry
EVs: 252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 4 def
-Dragon Dance
-Crab Hammer
-Crunch
-Aqua jet or X-Scissor
Neither of those sets are viable. Nasty Plot Crobat is still weak even at +2, and can't touch Rock types. Crawdaunt still can't outrun Cobalion at +1. You'd be better off going for Nasty Plot Toxicroak (even then still not a great set) and either Dragon Dance Gyarados / Feraligatr or Swords Dance Crawdaunt.

Thx m8, though if given time to set up, it is a bit of a surprise, at least the Crobat is. And Giga drain takes out said rock types. Though I would agree that Crawdaunt is a pain due to lack of speed. Thanks anyways

This is the team I'm currently using in AS and want to update it for SM.

Crobat (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Sharpedo (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

Cloyster (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
Losing Empoleon is really heartbreaking and want a nice bulky Stealth Rock lead still. I was going to switch Crobat to Brave Bird/Toxic/Taunt/Defog but I don't think he's bulky enough. I would like to use some of the new Sun and Moon Pokemon but am too attached to my old mons. I really want to keep Cloyster, Mega Sharpedo, and Snorlax as potential sweepers. Looking to help fill the holes and thought about replacing Arcanine with Salazzle and Empoleon with Necrozma but not sure about them at all.

I also struggle with Fighting Types like Conkeldurr and Lucario that absolutely devastate Cloyster/Sharpedo/Snorlax and think I need to replace one for something that checks fighting types besides just Crobat.

Last edited:
I know Gen 6 UU is halfway dead at this point, but I would love if someone could make a team around Banded Durant, Suicune and Defensive Gligar:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

I feel Durant is an excellent but yet underestimated wallbreaker in the UU meta and Suicune helps Entei and other fire types away and sets up on them, while gligar acts as a rocks setter and a decent physical wall.

I suppose Gen 7 teams are fine aswell!

Thank you Kreme for both team. the second I very much liked and had great success with dispite my low level of skill and knowledge.
I did need to put an ev into crobats sp.def. was swept by scarf pory-z with download.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-504939691
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-504945960 show me your fairy resist
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-504952061 mag rise+eviolite was handy against nidoqueen luckily
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-505003180 eviolite mag can work with this team aswell

I dont know why people think conk can counter a sylveon. so many free conk kills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)