UnderUsed Majors II - General Information & Updates!

Approved by Hogg and Hikari
Artwork by Bummer

Hello and welcome to the second iteration of UnderUsed Majors! Last year's edition saw Lycans walk away as the first ever UU Majors champion, but this year we're approaching the tournament differently. UnderUsed Majors II will be moving away from the pool format entirely. Instead, players will compete in five weeks of live tours in hopes of qualifying for playoffs. You can enter both tournaments each week, but only your best score will count towards playoffs qualification.

The format will be familiar to anyone who has previously participated in Smogon Tour. During the qualifying cycle, we will host five weeks of SM UU tours (two tours per week). These tours will be played live. Players will accrue points based on how far they advance in each tour. At the conclusion of the qualifying cycle, the top players will advance to a seeded 8-man single elimination bracket for playoffs, and the winner will be crowned as the second UU Majors champion and walk away with a UU Tour Champion banner and a permanent place in our hall of fame.

• This is a standard SM UU tournament.
  • The live tournaments will be held on Saturday at 2 PM GMT -4 and on Sunday at 4 PM GMT -4.
  • The live tournaments will be hosted on Smogtours server.
  • The live tournament matches will be best-of-one. You may switch teams between the rounds.
  • If any changes to the tier occur in between the week's live tournaments, they will not be implemented until the following week.
  • Saving replays is highly recommended; in the case of a dispute, you must be able to prove that you won your game. Smogtours server saves replays automatically, but we can't find said replays if the room is hidden. We're not forbidding the hiding of your games, but make sure you can provide the replay to the host if necessary!

• Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.

UU Majors also grants points for UnderUsed Championships. If you're unsure what UnderUsed Championships is, or how exactly points are rewarded, then make sure to read through this post. The image directly below shows exactly how many points are rewarded for both the live tournaments and playoffs of UU Majors.

UU Majors also counts towards Smogon Championship points. Unlike Smogon Tour the live tournaments do not grant any points, but the playoff bracket does. It will be a Type A tournament with regards to Smogon Championship. More information about Smogon Championship can be found here.

The live tournaments will be on the following dates and times:

WEEK 1
  • Saturday, September 9th @ 2 PM GMT -4 (Won by Pearl / Hosted by dingbat)
  • Sunday, September 10th @ 10 AM GMT -4 (Won by Pohjis / Hosted by DrReuniclus)
WEEK 2
  • Saturday, September 16th @ 2 PM GMT -4 (Won by Christo / Hosted by MiyoKa)
  • Sunday, September 17th @ 10 AM GMT -4 (Won by Kebab mlml / Hosted by Eyan)
WEEK 3
  • Saturday, September 23rd @ 2 PM GMT -4 (Won by Christo / Hosted by MiyoKa)
  • Sunday, September 24th @ 10 AM GMT -4 (Won by Updated Kanto / Hosted by Jqded)
WEEK 4
  • Saturday, September 30th @ 2 PM GMT -4 (Won by Bushtush / Hosted by HotFuzzball)
  • Sunday, October 1st @ 10 AM GMT -4 (Won by PokeTCG gamer1288 / Hosted by Stan Soojung)
WEEK 5
  • Saturday, October 7th @ 2 PM GMT -4 (Won by pokeisfun / Hosted by Klefkwi)
  • Sunday, October 8th @ 10 AM GMT -4 (Won by Cynde / Hosted by DrReuniclus)

Now go sign up, play and let's make this a great tournament! c:

Last edited:
I can host the September 9th one, as I am MDT (GMT -6) and will not be problem to me.

e: incase dingbat getz 9th, ill just do 10th.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Saturday 23rd

Not sure who benefits from a later time on a Sunday, would've thought earlier was better due to school/work in the morning for Europeans like smogon tour does

e: sry stuff came up

Last edited:
The schedule is quite difficult for most, if not all, Asians to pull it off. We have to either stay awake or wake up early on those times to play.

Oh, well, that's how it goes.
Yeah, I gotta say it's going to be very hard for me to ever make these times. I wish there would have been a little more diversity. Maybe next year do these times every other week and some different set of times on the other weeks?

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
If there's still anything left for the first two weeks that hasn't been decided on, I'll host it if you let me know.

Sorry for the late update on this, but there were talks in the TD team to possibly change the Smogon Tour times for this season. This hasn't happened so I know which times I can work with now. I'm changing the Sunday time to 10 AM GMT -4. This means it's not too early for those in American timezones, while giving those in Asian/Oceanic ones a better chance to participate at the same time.

ItsYaBoi1337, MiyoKa and HotFuzzBall, you all signed up to host on Sundays. Are you still willing/able to with the changed time? Feel free to either let me know here or through a message on Discord (Tony#2848)!

KEEP THE SIGN UPS COMING! WE'RE STILL LOOKING FOR HOSTS!

I can't unfortunaly, I can take most Saturday if needed, hmu then

Last edited:
Sorry for the late update on this, but there were talks in the TD team to possibly change the Smogon Tour times for this season. This hasn't happened so I know which times I can work with now. I'm changing the Sunday time to 10 AM GMT -4. This means it's not too early for those in American timezones, while giving those in Asian/Oceanic ones a better chance to participate at the same time.

ItsYaBoi1337, MiyoKa and HotFuzzBall, you all signed up to host on Sundays. Are you still willing/able to with the changed time? Feel free to either let me know here or through a message on Discord (Tony#2848)!

KEEP THE SIGN UPS COMING! WE'RE STILL LOOKING FOR HOSTS!

That would actually work even better, so can I take the first week Sunday?

Congratulations to Pohjis for winning today's UU Majors and a huge thanks to DrReuniclus for hosting! I'll approach those of you that signed up to host for next weekend's tournaments as soon as possible, as well as updating the OP with a standings spreadsheet. Expect the latter either Monday or Tuesday. Thank you all for a very smooth first week!

EDIT: We also have artwork now thanks to Bummer!

Hey are there any tourneys where there isn't a specific timeframe, where you can just schedule matches with your opponents?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)