SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so... could Naganadel's stats be wrong? Isn't it curious that it's not only the only UB with a base stat total of 540, but it's also the only UB with a stat that isn't a prime number (121 Speed)?

Well, if you add 30 to its BST and 30 to its speed, you get 151, which is a prime number.

Is it possible there was a typo or other mistake in the datamine?
Or it's a real mistake made by Game Freak. The thing with using prime numbers is that there are not too many of them below 255, and when you even try to avoid absurd stat distributions on some of them... well, it can happen.

Checking on prime numbers, if they ever try to fix Naganadel's stat spread (in Gen VIII?) it would probably turn out to be something like 73/71/71/127/71/127. It's the least invasive change (the other one would be trying to lower Speed to 113, but then you have to get the right combination).

Or it's a real mistake made by Game Freak. The thing with using prime numbers is that there are not too many of them below 255, and when you even try to avoid absurd stat distributions on some of them... well, it can happen.
Reminds me of when they accidentally made Mega Alakazam the only Mega with a +90 stat boost instead of +100 (and fixed it later). Errors can happen.

Ok so... could Naganadel's stats be wrong? Isn't it curious that it's not only the only UB with a base stat total of 540, but it's also the only UB with a stat that isn't a prime number (121 Speed)?

Well, if you add 30 to its BST and 30 to its speed, you get 151, which is a prime number.

Is it possible there was a typo or other mistake in the datamine?
Probably not, seeing as all sources seem to been in agreement on its stats. Naganadel is likely just an odd case, because of it actually evolving from another Mon (one that's apparently pretty common for trainers to own).

Anyhoo, back to more Dex entries! (I'm loving these.)

Goodra: It’s very friendly toward people. If you grow close to it, Goodra will hug you with its sticky, slime-covered body. Don’t get mad.

Aww, don't worry, I won't :)

Sliggoo: It crawls along sluggishly. The swirly protrusion on its back is filled with its brain and other organs.

Oh...oh God.

Checking on prime numbers, if they ever try to fix Naganadel's stat spread (in Gen VIII?) it would probably turn out to be something like 73/71/71/127/71/127. It's the least invasive change (the other one would be trying to lower Speed to 113, but then you have to get the right combination).
Same thing also happened to both sub forms of Necrozma. Their 77 speed stat is not a prime number either.

You could also add +30 to special attack to get 157, which is also prime.

If the listed stats are actually correct, I fairly strongly suspect they just thought it would be too strong and nerfed its speed at the last minute. They've been pretty consistent about this prime number thing otherwise and being able to keep that *and* make the BST consistent with other Ultra Beasts is too easy for them to have just not noticed.

Same with Dawn Wings/Dusk Mane's speed. They could easily have made them 700 BST like Kyurem and just not nerfed their speed for no reason.

Reminds me of when they accidentally made Mega Alakazam the only Mega with a +90 stat boost instead of +100 (and fixed it later). Errors can happen.
IIRC it actually was +100 compared to Alakazam's original base stats, but then they gave standard Alakazam +10 sp def as well as the Mega and forgot to edit the Mega accordingly. That seems like a much more understandable mistake than forgetting that 121 isn't prime.

Same thing also happened to both sub forms of Necrozma. Their 77 speed stat is not a prime number either.
Did they even check they were picking prime numbers? When websites like Wolfram Alpha exist...

As a reference, these are all the prime numbers between 50 and 255: 53 | 59 | 61 | 67 | 71 | 73 | 79 | 83 | 89 | 97 | 101 | 103 | 107 | 109 | 113 | 127 | 131 | 137 | 139 | 149 | 151 | 157 | 163 | 167 | 173 | 179 | 181 | 191 | 193 | 197 | 199 | 211 | 223 | 227 | 229 | 233 | 239 | 241 | 251

T
Did they even check they were picking prime numbers? When websites like Wolfram Alpha exist...

As a reference, these are all the prime numbers between 50 and 255: 53 | 59 | 61 | 67 | 71 | 73 | 79 | 83 | 89 | 97 | 101 | 103 | 107 | 109 | 113 | 127 | 131 | 137 | 139 | 149 | 151 | 157 | 163 | 167 | 173 | 179 | 181 | 191 | 193 | 197 | 199 | 211 | 223 | 227 | 229 | 233 | 239 | 241 | 251
To be perfectly honest, sticking with full prime numbers would be quite limiting to their options in creating interesting stat spreads, and to maintain a total bst of non-prime numbers, though they pulled it out for all UBs spare the weird three.

Pinsir(Mega): After Mega Evolution, it becomes able to fly. Perhaps because it's so happy, it rarely touches the ground.

I like how this is the only mega evolution that doesn't force the mons mind and body through hell

Drampa: If a child it has made friends with is bullied, Drampa will find the bully’s house and burn it to the ground.

...jesus christ drampa there's no need

Mimikyu(Busted): It stands in front of a mirror, trying to fix its broken neck as if its life depended on it. It has a hard time getting it right, so it’s crying inside.

and mimikyus reign as most relatable mon continues!

Kangaskhan(Mega): When the mother sees the back of her Mega- Evolved child, it makes her think of the day when her child will inevitably leave her.

why does every mega kangaskhan entry have to do this to me

Last edited:
Necrozma (Dusk Mane): This is Necrozma's form while it's absorbing the power of Solgaleo, making it extremely ferocious and impossible to control.

(catches in pokeball and forces it to battle)

Zorua: If a normally talkative child suddenly stops talking, it may have been replaced by Zorua.

Where does the child go?

Houdoom: Identifiable by its eerie howls, people a long time ago thought it was the grim reaper and feared it.

“my dear... you have the Grim.”

Gengar (Mega): Mega Evolution has made it possible for Gengar to access other dimensions. Its entire body is brimming with strange power.

ub spoop

Last edited:
Do the totem sized pokemon you can use have buffed stats? Or anything different for that matter?
Nope, they are exactly the same, even the same weight. They just look quite large.

Also, apparently GF changed Busted Mimikyu's moveset to not include Surf...I guess they accidentally included it in that form's learnset, and it never came up since that form is inaccessible outside of battle, but they corrected it just in case (sort of like how Megas don't necessarily need walking/running animations, but GF made them any way).

Have Pokemon locations been leaked yet? I know general things like Smoochum being available in Melemele, for example. But I just want to know specific locations so we can know how early we can get some of these new mons cuz while we can technically get Bulbasaur, for example, on the first island (assuming we start on Melemele), we can't actually get it until much later in the game.

Have Pokemon locations been leaked yet? I know general things like Smoochum being available in Melemele, for example. But I just want to know specific locations so we can know how early we can get some of these new mons cuz while we can technically get Bulbasaur, for example, on the first island (assuming we start on Melemele), we can't actually get it until much later in the game.
I compiled a list of new Pokemon locations from this:

Ekans: Route 2
Seel: Surf in Seaward Cave
Mime Jr.: Hau'oli City
Smoochum: Seaward Cave
Furfrou: Hau'oli City
Dunsparce: Route 2
Remoraid: Fish in Melemele Sea
Mantyke: Surf in Melemele Sea
Mawile: Ten Carat Hill
Clamperl: Fish in Melemele Sea
Buneary: Route 1
Zorua: Trainer's School
Flabebe: Melemele Meadow
Inkay: Route 1 (South part)
Hawlucha: Route 3
Noibat: Verdant Cavern

Hoothoot: Lush Jungle
Natu: Memorial Hill
Mareep: Paniola Ranch
Larvitar: Diglett's Tunnel
Kecleon: "Dividing Peak Tunnel" (level 17-20, new area I assume is in Akala based on level)
Basculin: Fish in Brooklet Hill
Larvesta: Lush Jungle (Strength Cave only)

Pineco: Route 10
Houndoom (US)/Manectric (UM): Route 12
Golett (US)/Baltoy (UM): SOS from any encounter in Haina Desert
Shuppet: Thrifty Megamart
Scraggy: Route 15
Minccino: Malie City (Outer Cape)
Frillish: Surf in Route 14
Elgyem: Mount Hokulani
Bisharp: Route 17 (seems to be encountered as a Bisharp despite being far under its evo level of 52)

Lickitung: Poni Gauntlet
Aipom: Poni Plains
Heracross: Poni Groves
Corphish: Fish in Vast Poni Canyon
Tropius: Exeggutor Island
Mienfoo: Vast Poni Canyon
Druddigon: Resolution Cave
Pyroar: Poni Plains
Clawizter (US)/Dragalge (UM): Ancient Poni Path

Omanyte/Kabuto/Lileep/Anorith/Tyrunt/Amaura's fossils are likely available in Konikoni City.

Last edited:
Pinsir(Mega): After Mega Evolution, it becomes able to fly. Perhaps because it's so happy, it rarely touches the ground.

I like how this is the only mega evolution that doesn't force the mons mind and body through hell

Drampa: If a child it has made friends with is bullied, Drampa will find the bully’s house and burn it to the ground.

...jesus christ drampa there's no need

Mimikyu(Busted): It stands in front of a mirror, trying to fix its broken neck as if its life depended on it. It has a hard time getting it right, so it’s crying inside.

and mimikyus reign as most relatable mon continues!

Kangaskhan(Mega): When the mother sees the back of her Mega- Evolved child, it makes her think of the day when her child will inevitably leave her.

why does every mega kangaskhan entry have to do this to me
What about Ampharos and Lopunny’s Entries?

Locked in my team:
https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/#decidueye+arbok+octillery+mudsdale+torkoal+scrafty

A bit of explanation for each:
Decidueye: It was either this or Incineroar, and quite honestly this seems more like my thing. The design is just cool in general.
Arbok: Will grab one with Intimidate. It's always been kind of cool, and with one this early it can beat Hala decently well.
Octillery: That movepool. I just hope they don't place its good TMs late again. (Evolves pretty early too so not too baggage-y)
Mudsdale: Ground-types are something I've always wanted to use. Mudsdale is one of the best ones you can get in Alola in-game. Plus a horse Pokemon seems cool.
Torkoal: Drought boosted attacks are godly. Plus I've always liked Torkoal.
Scrafty: Because I want a Fighting-type and a Dark-type and this gives me both reliably. Even though I said I wasn't going to GTS scum I'll make an exception for this. Also benefits from tutors (gets Knock Off through them; not sure how last Knock Off is though as a tutor), and where else am I gonna try to use this thing?

Yeah, funny how my team has nothing above RU. But I wanted to be more fun with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)