SPOILERS! Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon In-Game Discussion

Getting up to the point where I catch Solgaleo. Can someone let me know at what stages I need to soft reset natures for Dusk Mane Necrozma and Ultra Necrozma (assuming it's similar to SM where there are two Solgaleo available).

Getting up to the point where I catch Solgaleo. Can someone let me know at what stages I need to soft reset natures for Dusk Mane Necrozma and Ultra Necrozma (assuming it's similar to SM where there are two Solgaleo available).
You can’t catch it in either of those encounters (like Black/White Kyurem). The only Necrozma you catch is fought on Victory Road.

And solgaleo / lunala you can fight in postgame if you go to tapu koko's place, on top of the usual one you receive in the other dimension

Am I really unlucky or does Synchronize work differently in the Ultra Space Wilds? I encountered two shiny Pokemon there yesterday and both took me three tries before getting the Synchronizer's nature (and even then I had to keep trying for the second one as I had put the wrong Synchronizer in front >.<)

Am I really unlucky or does Synchronize work differently in the Ultra Space Wilds? I encountered two shiny Pokemon there yesterday and both took me three tries before getting the Synchronizer's nature (and even then I had to keep trying for the second one as I had put the wrong Synchronizer in front >.<)
Just bad luck, as far as I know. I've caught a ton of legendaries and had no issues with synchronising.

Update to the tutor bug that was recently stickied (tried and failed to find the actual thread, so I'll just say it here): The Move Reminder on top of Mount Lanakila does NOT suffer from the same issue as the tutors. It'll mess up your move order, but you can in fact get a previously forgotten move (say, Necrozma after being separated from Lunala and forgetting Moongeist Beam) into an empty slot. I just restored Photon Geyser into its move list without getting something else overwritten, only now it's listed 4th instead of 1st.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Okay, so I'm doing the post game lap around all the islands to see what has unlocked/I missed (apparently a lot if the levels are anything to go by). There's been some interesting ones (haunted trainer school, the girl with the sweaty father, Nanu giving out a "starter", etc.), but a little thing stood out to me was Grimsley mentioning he was a former member of the Unova Elite Four. So, who took his place? You're going to leave us hanging like that, GF?

Well, anyway, I just need to do Poni Island and then I'll start looking up Serebii's articles to see anything else I missed or want to comment about.

Okay, so I'm doing the post game lap around all the islands to see what has unlocked/I missed (apparently a lot if the levels are anything to go by). There's been some interesting ones (haunted trainer school, the girl with the sweaty father, Nanu giving out a "starter", etc.), but a little thing stood out to me was Grimsley mentioning he was a former member of the Unova Elite Four. So, who took his place? You're going to leave us hanging like that, GF?

Well, anyway, I just need to do Poni Island and then I'll start looking up Serebii's articles to see anything else I missed or want to comment about.
iirc, Grimsley's concept art for SM implied he fell on hard times

what's your deal, grims? let us into your world

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
iirc, Grimsley's concept art for SM implied he fell on hard times

what's your deal, grims? let us into your world
Well that's his backstory in BW, he was from a rich family who lost their fortune and fell into a gambling depression (in his Gen V concept art it mentions he doesn't wear socks because he doesn't want to spend the money).

Maybe his gambling addiction caught up to him, starting getting into debt, and either the Unova League kicked him out because he was embarrassing them or left on his own feeling he was an embarrassment. Probably sold all the stuff he owned in Unova to settle the debt and left for Alola to find some peace and away from the Game Corners (yes, Unova technically didn't have a Game Corner but that's cause the player wasn't allowed in, doesn't mean it didn't exist outside the world of the player for the adults).

Though with that said he still seems like a respectable figure, he's entrusted to give Trail Goers the Sharpedo Jet and is a challenger at the Battle Tree. Though I wished they expanded his role a bit in USUM or gave him something extra. Colress story got expanded to where he actually interacts with Alola characters, but the closest Grimsley gets to that is Acerola telling the player to meet him on the beach and she doesn't even mention his name. Would have liked to see an encounter between Grimsley and Nanu, I could see those two hanging out and being glum about things while playing a game of cards (then we could have a double battle against them, or make it a tag battle by having us team up with someone like maybe Acerola).

Well, at least he's a surfing champ, forget to mention but turns out "Big G" was Grimsley, which kinda makes sense with him giving out Sharpedo Jet.

Guys, do I still need to go to the battle tree to unlock the iv judge or is it somewhere else? The post game doesn't allow me to progress further unless I caught the new UBs and that annoys me a lot.

Guys, do I still need to go to the battle tree to unlock the iv judge or is it somewhere else? The post game doesn't allow me to progress further unless I caught the new UBs and that annoys me a lot.
Yeah he's still there. You just need to catch the two UBs in that area and then you can proceed to the Battle Tree, don't worry.

Is there any "new and better" way to farm money here, compared to Sun and Moon? I'm only lacking one piece of the Kommo-o Hakamo-o set and I wasted a lot of Ultra Balls trying to catch Zapdos and Raikou (really, the game was soooo nice to make the first two legendaries for me to catch Pokemon that can't be paralyzed).

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Is there any "new and better" way to farm money here, compared to Sun and Moon? I'm only lacking one piece of the Kommo-o Hakamo-o set and I wasted a lot of Ultra Balls trying to catch Zapdos and Raikou (really, the game was soooo nice to make the first two legendaries for me to catch Pokemon that can't be paralyzed).
I played enough Mantine Surf that I could spend BP on HP Ups and sell them. Each BP is worth $2500 that way.

It's not exactly fast, but pokepelago's mining gives lots of stuff.
Talking about Poke Pelago, I like that now, in Evelup Island, you can start a new session without having to take Pokemon out of a section and put them back again.

Is there a guaranteed way to get to guzzlord in the wormhole. I can't seem to get it, but have found every other available ultra beast

Is there a guaranteed way to get to guzzlord in the wormhole. I can't seem to get it, but have found every other available ultra beast
I’ve had the “legendary” wormhole be white twice, and got Guzzlord both times. I’m not sure if it’s guaranteed, though.

Yeah he's still there. You just need to catch the two UBs in that area and then you can proceed to the Battle Tree, don't worry.
I’ve gotten there without catching the UBs — I’m pretty sure you can faint them and they’ll reappear later.

Update to the tutor bug that was recently stickied (tried and failed to find the actual thread, so I'll just say it here): The Move Reminder on top of Mount Lanakila does NOT suffer from the same issue as the tutors. It'll mess up your move order, but you can in fact get a previously forgotten move (say, Necrozma after being separated from Lunala and forgetting Moongeist Beam) into an empty slot. I just restored Photon Geyser into its move list without getting something else overwritten, only now it's listed 4th instead of 1st.
Am I reading correctly that you can teach Necrozma Moongeist Beam outside of Dawn Wings form? Could you get it on Dusk Mane, if you were so inclined? What happens if you then merge it with Lunala and then separate them again?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Am I reading correctly that you can teach Necrozma Moongeist Beam outside of Dawn Wings form? Could you get it on Dusk Mane, if you were so inclined? What happens if you then merge it with Lunala and then separate them again?
You're misreading - he's saying that if you separate Necrozma from Lunala it'll forget Moongeist Beam which leaves an empty slot for an example but the Lanakila Move Tutor doesn't freak out over an empty slot.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its only a 50% chance... if you're going to complain about 3 tries....

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So after my island re-visits and (thinking) Ultra Space is the only place left to go, I decided to finally just read up on Serebii's articles. I discovered some interesting stuff I just want to comment on:

New Mythical: Sweet Arceus, I was not expecting a new Mythical. I don't know, but for some reason new Ultra Beasts, even though they are new Pokemon, just makes sorta "sense" they could make more because they're from other dimensions. But a new Mythical is kind of surprising, at least to me. I don't know why, but it just feels like now they can just add in com mons for next gen.
"Whoa, calm down, what makes a new Mythical different from new Ultra Beasts"? As I said, Ultra Beasts are from other dimensions so it makes sense if more are just discovered. But a Mythical is kind of part of the normal Pokemon World, like we should already know of all the Pokemon since our character lives in the normal Pokemon World. Legendaries and Mythicals especially since they would be part of the region's mythology. So if Pokemon would would be part of a region's mythology, what's preventing them from just slipping in a new com mon? Or maybe reference a Legendary Pokemon in the game's lore but not have it in the game until the second versions. Also could they do this with remakes, now that they tossed the National Dex its perfectly possible to do.

Ultra Unlimited: So they made the original seven Ultra Beasts unlimited respawns. I guess getting the one you want is suppose to be a difficult gate to make the unlimited captures harder to do, but still it's a bit disappointing they're now potentially unlimited. Makes them feel less special.

Exclusive Trainers: They still have exclusive trainers for the Battle Free for no reason. Not a big deal for Dexio & Sina, though stinks for Plumeria & Guzma and Kiawe & Mallow. Like, at least let us battle them, we don't need to recruit them to be partners.

Battle Tree Additions: Speaking of which, really? The only new additions is Lillie, Rocket Grunt, and Giovanni? No other Champions or League Trainer? No other notable characters like rivals? You might as well have kept the other villain team leaders if you were going to be stingy like that!

Normal Trial Re-Challenge: The re-challenge was a fun idea and I'm disappointed it's only done with the Normal Trial.

Side Quests: So, all the extra hours of scenarios they wrote was just these side quests and, while they're certainly interesting, I feel maybe the time could have been used to flesh out a few things instead of these one off distractions. Of the most notable:
Trainer School Haunting: Gotta have them ghosts (even though we had one in the Sun & Moon demo). Though there is a theory that the little girl is actually a Zorua *shrugs*. The ghost from Gen V is still the most interesting one.
Bullied Vulpix: A nice little side quest which had a sweet payoff. Seeing the Vulpix at the Pokemon League actually made me smile.
Pyukumuku Love: With Pyukumuku chucking still giving you 20k, I actually thought this was going to be a (funny) way to have the player not do it. Though it's played for laughs and you can go right back to Pyukumuku chucking once you're done. Still, I just love that zoom in on the player after the Swimmer wondered what horrible person would chuck Mukiet away from Mukio.
Ditto Five: I have an odd feeling GF have been reading a bit of Pokemon creepypastas, lol.

Interactable Pokemon: So playing with all the interactable Pokemon does nothing? *Sigh*

So after my island re-visits and (thinking) Ultra Space is the only place left to go, I decided to finally just read up on Serebii's articles. I discovered some interesting stuff I just want to comment on:

Battle Tree Additions: Speaking of which, really? The only new additions is Lillie, Rocket Grunt, and Giovanni? No other Champions or League Trainer? No other notable characters like rivals? You might as well have kept the other villain team leaders if you were going to be stingy like that!
For knowledge, the "Rocket Grunt" is actually the sample trainer you face on Agency, and there's indeed 3 new trainers at battle tree.

https://www.serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/battle/kukui.shtml
https://www.serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/battle/sophocles.shtml
https://www.serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/battle/giovanni.shtml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)