SM Ubers Ultra Necrozma Bulky Offense - Peaked 1750

USUM Psych HO

Banned deucer.
Thought Process: With the advent of USUM, I was trying to create a successful team that was based around what is perhaps the greatest nuke of the seventh generation, Ultra Necromza. My original thought process for a team was to combine Tapu Lele + Ultra Necromza to wreck havoc on whichever unlucky soul had to play against me, however, I found this combination to be rather underwhelming. Why? With the advent of this new meta, a plethora of Scarf Marshadow's and Scarf Yveltal's are running around and outright destroy this combination. As such, I decided that Tapu Lele, being an OU 'mon, was a waste of space. To counter such nuisances, I had to slap a certain set of mons that could do well against both. Ultimately, I am an avid Bulky Offense player - have been since Gen 4 and will continue to be in future generations to come.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Offensive SD PDon is undoubtedly one of the best leads. PDon is such an omnipresent force in the current Ubers meta, and I truly love this 'mon. The point of it is to set up Stealth Rock. It will be able to pull this off most of the time while tanking a hit. Against other PDons, I generally aim to use Precipice Blades and can OHKO or 2HKO any variant of PDon. I run maximum speed because it helps me attack first and eliminate an opposing lead. By the time I've done 75%+ damage to an opposing PDon, I can safely set up SR and proceed to switch out or stay in if I feel I can net a few more KOs. Swords Dance is meant to set up on a switch, which can often be fatal for my opponent. Additionally, if I think my opponent has a GroundCeus, I will lead with my GroundCeus seeing as PDon has an unfavorable/disadvantageous matchup.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Geomancy turns Xerneas into a fast, powerful, and bulky special sweeper - the infamous standard GeoXern. Moonblast gives Xerneas maximum damage output against neutral targets due to Fairy Aura and STAB. Thunder hits foes that resist Fairy-type moves such as Ho-Oh, Celesteela, and Toxapex, and it also hits the specially bulky Lugia and Primal Kyogre. Lastly, Focus Blast hits Primal Groudon, Ferrothorn, and most Steel-types such as Solgaleo, Magearna, and Bronzong for solid damage.

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

My Ultra Necrozma Stopper. My Marshadow and Mega Gengar killer. Yes indeed, scarfed YGod is ever so prevalent in this meta, and its sole purpose is to help me gain momentum. Scarf Yveltal does an excellent job of beating set up sweepers like Adamant DDance MegaMence and EKiller (thanks to Foul Play). I've thoroughly enjoyed it and it acts as both a revenger killer and a pivot for this team, serving as one half of the VoltTurn core I have on this team.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap

This team struggles against GeoXern and ZGeoXern - as PDon cannot tank more than a hit and I generally want to save Dusk Mane Necrozma for the end of a battle, trying to minimize chip damage. Magearna is quite possibly the single best counter to Xerneas. After stealing the boosts Xern gets, I can proceed to use Flash Cannon to KO it. I opted to use Flash Cannon over Pain Split to give Magearna a more offensive presence and so that its Special Attack doesn't drop by 2 stages after using Fleur Cannon. It also does a hell of a job getting rid of Yveltal, which is genuinely severe annoyance to this team. This is a standard set, yet it is very efficient and can often turn the tide of a battle to my favor. This is the second half of my VoltTurn core. I've found the combination of Magearna and Scarf YGod to be extremely effective.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Defog

GroundCeus is such a great utility 'mon. Judgment is GroundCeus' strongest Ground-type STAB move, allowing it to deal with major threats such as Primal Groudon, Mega Gengar, Mega Lucario, and Mega Diancie while also dealing decent damage to most of the Pokemon that are hit neutrally. Recover is GroundCeus' method of reliable recovery and is required to consistently take hits from physical threats such as Primal Groudon, Mega Lucario, Excadrill, and Mega Salamence. Ice Beam lets GroundCeus check threats like Mega Salamence, Rayquaza, and Zygarde-C while doing decent damage to Yveltal and Giratina-O. Defog allows GroundCeus to remove entry hazards from both sides of the field; GroundCeus is able to check all the common Stealth Rock setters like Primal Groudon, Excadrill, and Dialga, so it suits this role very well. GroundCeus tends to have a great lead matchup against most bulky and offensive teams, making it a great Pokemon for the role as well.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The MVP of this team. The legendary nuke. I believe SD EdgeQuake Ultra Necrozma is the single best nuke in Ubers. It was imperative for me to include Magearna on this team because I do not use Sunsteel Strike on this? Why? It's simple. EdgeQuake and Photon Geyser (or if I'm feeling extra edgy Light That Burns the Sky), can nuke almost any 'mon at +2 and has unresisted coverage. Because Ultra Necrozma is not a Steel Type, I wouldn't have any added benefit of having Sunsteel Strike here and would cost losing coverage to better deal with Fairy Types in general. Earthquake gives me a favorable matchup against opposing Dusk Mane Necrozma and a Jolly Nature is implemented to outspeed anything with less than base 130 speed. Once Scarf YGod, Scarf Marshadow, and MGar are out of the way, I can proceed to kill any remaining 'mon at +2 - and since this is also one of my late game sweepers, it'll typically be game by then.

Concluding Thoughts: Some threats to this team are EKiller Arceus and RP PDon. Both those mons do a number to this team and so I need to play meticulously to maximize my likelihood of surviving those matchups and winning.

Importable: http://pokepast.es/c36dfac0c8b0a3dd

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)