Tournament UGTT II (Ubers Generations Team Tournament II) - Won by The Black Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I would have been willing to grant an extension initially, but considering Blightbringer made absolutely no effort to actually play the game after posting his schedule, Hassin627 will be granted the activity win, meaning the Remaining PO Kids will be facing The Black Knights in the finals. Finals will be posted soon.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Artwork by Juicy Fruit
OP by Tony
Finals

Tournament Rules
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
- Smogon-wide clauses and Baton Pass clause apply
- The format will be 'best of three', with each of the three players playing one game
- Single elimination; no winners or losers bracket
- SM, ORAS and BW2 cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties
- Please save your replays!
Saving the replays of your tournament games is required. If your opponent is claiming you didn't beat them for the tournament or that the game never even happened, there isn't much I do about it without any evidence. Protect yourself and save the replay of your games and post them upon completion! Also, it'll be fun to watch some high level ORAS and BW2 Ubers games since those aren't played too often anymore!

Timer Clause
As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.
Disconnections
If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

Aside from the rules above that I expect all of you to read, there's also some tournament specific rulings I want to touch on.
I have no issues with players switching between metagames throughout the tournament. For example, if Palkiapower29 plays ORAS Ubers in round 1 and his team advances to the second round then it's perfectly fine for Palkiapower29 to play BW2 Ubers in round 2. However, this means Palkiapower29's team mate Lord Dragon Breath, who in this example played BW2 Ubers in round 1, can't play BW2 Ubers round 2 as well, since Palkiapower29 already does. Each player on each team has to play one of the three metagames. One of the players playing two of the metagames in one round is not allowed. One of the metagames being played by two of the players in one round is also not allowed. If any of those things do end up happening your team will be disqualified immediately.

Without further ado, let us get into the matchups!

The Black Knights vs Remaining PO Kids
SM: Holy Break vs. Casparov
ORAS: Leru vs. Melle2402
BW2: hyw vs. Hassin627

All SM games should be played in regular SM Ubers rather than USM Ubers, unless both players agree to play USM Ubers instead. Bringing USM Pokémon without your opponent's explicit consent will result in an automatic loss.​

The deadline is Sunday December 4th 23:59 PM GMT -3. Even though I'll be a lot more lenient during the finals in terms of the deadline; I will still be somewhat strict about activity (aka don't take too long to get them done).

Good luck, and above all, have fun! :D

Last edited:

keys

It's Prime Time
Congrats The Black Knights for taking the second edition of UGTT. Kudos to the Remaining PO Kids for making finals and thanks to anyone who gave me a hand in this. Was definitely a fun tour to host, so see you guys next year!

PS: Melle and leru do not wish to play their game, so yeah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)