Tournament Ubers Premier League V - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

We'll get new art eventually!
Welcome everyone to the fifth edition of the Ubers Premier League! In preparation for what is no-doubt a fun filled season of exciting battles, exciting drama, and exciting raging at my activity calls, we will be taking manager applications to see who will be heading our six teams this year!

Managers are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
  • Will be active for the entire tournament (~1.5 months)
  • Will fulfill all responsibilities of the position in a punctual manner, including but not limited to team submission, ensuring activity of players, and making substitutions.
  • Can be trusted to uphold sportsmanlike conduct
If you think you've got the chops for such an enormous responsibility, please sign up! Format your post like this:

Bio: Why are you qualified for the position? Why do you think you'll be a good manager? Do you have prior experience? Those are good things to put here.
Commitment: A pledge that you will be active for the entire tournament and send your lineups on time.

There will be no formal assistant managers, so don't sign up thinking you'll get to be one!

Signups will be open until Friday, after which managers will be selected. I'll have a short conversation with all the managers to iron out some final details, and then we'll get the ball rolling!

Feel free to hit me up on the Ubers Discord if you have any questions!

ITS THE RETURN OF THE DRIZZLERS

bio: my 3 years in this tournament (all of them finalist finishes, one as a manager), and collection of thinking emojis makes me a shoo in for the manager role.
commitment: i mod this place

this time i will take that invisible trophy.

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
It's time.

Bio: Hi I'm Gunner, I've been part of the Ubers community for a while now and I'm pretty well-known and adjusted to the tournament scene. I'll be a great manager because I truly care about this tournament and I've wanted to manage for the longest of time. I'll have an unbiased approach towards electing the players on my team, which will include giving everyone a fair chance to try out, eliminating any preconceived notions in the process. I've also managed in PO UPL before where my team finished in second place.

Commitment: You best believe I'll be committed, I'll do whatever's needed and won't fall behind.

Additional: If I'm awarded a manager position, I'd like to take over "really good reshirams" and change the team name to "Lolcopter Lunalas".

shoutouts cbb

I would like to manage the team I won UPL with and where LEGENDS are born: Defiant Durians.

Bio: I'm very well known and respected by the ubers community and I have an extensive experience in tournaments. I would like to manage both established players and up and coming players so that UPL will be the start of their way to the top just like it was for me when Hack bought me in UPL 3 back when I was unknown.
Commitment: I pledge that I will be active for the entire tournament and send my lineups on time.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Bio: I have been a part of this lovely community for 3 years now and know everything there is to know regarding ubers and tours. I managed in previous UPL and I'm up for it again because I love managing

Commitment: Will be active and will do my best to send line ups on time

Grand Helix Fossils n_n

Mazar

Banned deucer.
Bio: Ubers is a tier I liked to play for a long time now since I was tutored by one of the best Ubers players back then and beat Problems in my first game. The community is really active which I like a lot and I'm tired of playing Ubers after SPL for quite a time so I would like to manage, because I was a successful manager in German Forums Teamtours. Also I'm captaining in POWC.

Commitment: I'm generally spoken a true leader who will pick up proven top-quality players combined with some hidden gems. I think, although I dont have years of experience in the community, I know the community pretty well and will prepare for the auction so I can draft a beast team which I can lead to victory with my manager skills. I will be active and help my team as much as I can to pay back the huge chance I will hopefully get.

Team Name: Follows if I get picked - logo included.

Last edited:

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bio: I have taken multiple games off top players with my Arceus-Fire. I have also been around the Ubers community for a few years now and was a Room Owner at one point before returning to my roots to till the land, so I know what I am doing. Highlights of my Ubers career include losing to Kebabe in BW last UPL and subsequently getting benched and buying Haruno for Sweep's team in UPL III.

Commitment: Unwavering.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Bio: I'm the Iron Man of Ubers. I also managed last year and did a fine job by most of my team.

Commitment:
Absolute.

Additional: If I manage again I would ike to request my team's name be updated from the Soul Dew Strongs to the Devastating Dragceus.

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
bio: ive hosted like 3 tours and provided art and player list for upl for 2 years running god dam, i have written 2 essays for this shit before, not again.

commitment: just over 3 years on this site, been in 3 out of 4 UPLs, borderline stockholm syndrome. yes i will be active and send lineups on time!!

ideally i'd take over the skymins. i have been informed the skymins no longer exist, rip steel. in that case i'd like the genesects!

:]

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why are you qualified: Active forum contributor, Ubers room RO, and have played in several Ubers team tours. As a result I know the community well and can create a reasonable draft plan. I'm active on the tournament scene, but also know old gens too, meaning I'm in touch with the tiers that will be played in this tour.

Why are you a good manager: My consistent activity and dedication to this tier is demonstrated in my contributions, projects, and success in team tournaments. I will be active for the duration of the tournament and will send in lineups on time.

Do you have experience: I have experience playing in SPL, UPL, MUTE, and PSPL; pretty much every major Ubers team tour. I have no Pokemon managing experience, but I helped with talent scouting on Drizzlers last year.

If selected as manager, my assistant manager will most likely be Colonel M. The team I'd be given and its name can be discussed later Fireburn.

Bio: While I may not possess any prior experience in managing any kind of Premier League tournament, I have personally read The Art of War by Sun Tzu before. Additionally, I have also quite extensively studied several historical military conflicts. And as the Vermilion City Gym Leader Lt. Surge would say, "a Pokémon battle is war," thus a great general would make a great manager as well. Know the enemy, and know yourself, and you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. Additionally, I am experienced with several different Übers metagames across the generations, and it should also be noted that in both of the Ubers Premier Leagues in which I have personally participated (Ubers Premier Leagues III and IV), the team I was in (The Defiant Durians and the really good reshirams, respectively) won.

Commitment: I do not see how anything can possibly get in the way of my management in the near future.

In the previous Ubers Premier League, I was in a team known as the really good reshirams, which won that entire tournament. I would like to fuse said Reshiram with Kyurem, in order to form The Burning Red White Kyurems.

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Manager selections are over! Preference was given to those who have been consistently active in the Ubers community for a long period of time. Here are the six teams who will be duking it out in UPL V:

DaReal Drizzlers - Managed by Nayrz
Grand Helix Fossils - Managed by Level 56
Devastating Dragceus - Managed by Mr.378 (formerly Soul Dew Strongs, rip lati@s)
Defiant Durians - Managed by Gunner Rohan (vetoing lolcopter lunalas because gawd that name is dumb)
The Burning Red White Kyurems - Managed by Transcendent God Champion (formerly really good reshirams)
Cipher Syndicate - Managed by Minority (formerly genesects)

After I brief the managers on how things are going to work + settle some details, we'll put up player signups! Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)