Ubers Analysis Discussion Thread

should arceus-fighting get a revamp? its not good by any means, but its really outdated and still has mentions of stuff like garchomp, which might give newer players the wrong idea about the meta. the metas changed a lot around it and its had new checks like salamence and mega sableye introduced. however, certain things have fallen in its favor, such as the decreased usage of the mewtwo line and being a cool partner for the latis and salamence to get past arceus-dark and arceus-rock respectively.

Not sure if this is the place to bring it up, but Aerilate is misspelled as 'Aerialate' in Mega Salamence's analysis. Just making note of a typo, is all.

Apologies if this isn't the place to bring it up, it's just something that's caught my eye.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Also, just in case you folks missed it, this is the new analysis format:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-new-analysis-formatting-guide.3537802/

boltsandbombers' easy c/p:
[OVERVIEW]

Generalize what the Pokemon does in the metagame and as a whole and why you should or shouldn't consider using it on your teams.

[SET]
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Describe what the moves on the set do.

Set Details
========

Describe the other aspects of the set such as what the EVs do and nature/item.

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

Assuming this is the right place to do so, I report that Salamencite is spelled "Salamenceite" on its Mega Salamence's analysis. Minor issue, but worth noting.

My only excuse for this is that I was tired at some point when writing these :/ Maybe it's my subconscious preference for Rayquaza that's making me misspell literally every key asset that Mega Salamence has.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Several users have pointed out that the ORAS Mega Sableye analysis deserves a revamp, and this could be true considering it was one of the first completed and was written by a non-Ubers player that isn't even around anymore. I haven't looked at the actual analysis much myself, but glancing over it I see that C&C is only 2 bullet points, team options is underdeveloped, and other sections simply aren't hitting the important points.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Just a pointer, there's lots of pokemon with analyses on the dex that were considered viable in XY Ubers, but were rejected for an analysis in ORAS. Seeing as some of these are OU pokemon that don't by right need an Ubers analysis, and that their analyses are hugely outdated and full of info that's simply not correct anymore, can they be removed entirely? Stuff like Lando-T, Heatran etc.

EDIT: If not removed, maybe marked as XY analyses to distinguish themselves if that's even possible

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: If not removed, maybe marked as XY analyses to distinguish themselves if that's even possible
I like this idea. Fireburn Sweep Nayrz shrang, opinions? Leaving the rest of the QC out because they more than likely won't care at all. Removing is another option I support.

Anyways, Salamence change log:

Removed PDon and Landorus-T from C&C. Added Arc Water and Tyranitar.

Added 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe Adamant spread to set details of the offensive DD set.

Removed Heatran mentions.

I don;t think the analysis itself requires a full revamp, but I would like to know what other people think.

i dont think there are xy filters on the dex (there might be but idk) so im not sure if thats even an option
xy ubers doesnt have a format on ps either so it would be a decent amount of changing for a meta that "no longer exists" (might see custom tour play but thats about it)
if the dex doesnt have ways to differentiate analyses/sets between oras and xy, just remove the xy ones.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The analysis itself seems fine, its just C&C that needs some changes. Arc Fairy should be listed and Mega Salamence itself should be listed like at the bottom. If Arc Electric is on there, so should Arc Ice and Arc Dragon (lol). More spread options could be added to set details I suppose.

Like I already pointed out if anything needs a revamp it's Mega Sableye.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
I probably shouldn't do it, that mon isn't my forte and there are other people much more familiar with it.

I've used Sableye on balanced teams for a while, but I've never written an analysis so I don't know if I'm the right person to revamp it.

I'm also wondering what happened to the Gengar analysis; the XY one is horribly outdated and a really cool set (SubHypno) is missing and should be presented as an option to those wanting to use Mega Gengar.

theres currently a gengar analysis in the making but it seems to be neglected...im gonna talk to sweep about it today.

as for the revamp, the analysis reservation thread has some good links and steps on how an analysis is made. Make sure you use the new analysis format on how an analysis should be written as the current OP still has the old one there iirc. if you are experienced with the mon most of the details come naturally, all you gotta do is not skip out on detail, show good meta knowledge, and qc members can and will help with the rest. you dont have to be a god either, all it takes is willingness to learn. i will throw it out there though - they take a decent amount of time and effort to make, but the cool reward is that your writing and knowledge is what helps newcomers to the tier learn what a pokemon does. feel free to give it a shot.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
There are several Ubers analyses that are onsite that need revamps but I think Mega Lucario, despite not being that good of a mon, deserves a revamp more than some of the others. At the same time it might not be a bad idea to bring back the Lando-T analysis, specifically the scarf set.

After using Rayquaza a bit recently and seeing how some other players have been using it, I wonder if Rayquaza should get a small revamp. To be frank, I haven't seen a +Spe Ray in ages, Adamant/Naughty seems standard now, even on Mixquaza.

Things I'd personally change: Make all sets have +Atk nature as the primary one, get rid of mentioned mons that do not yet have analyses (such as Lando-T), keep DD slashed on the SD set, but give DD its own set, expand on the uses of berries such as lum and charti for many teams, probably slash physical water moves such as Waterfall or Aqua Tail on some sets, as I've seen them used on a lot of builds recently, and I'd make sure that the power drop from +Atk -> +Spe is stressed, since it's really important (and a main reason why Adamant is preferred).

I mean, I could be using it totally wrong, but seeing builds from people like problems using the aforementioned moves/items gives me a bit more confidence in asking about this.

I can fix a skeleton for dragceus today, though no guarantees I will finish the analysis myself but at least someone would be able to work from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)