Tutor Profiles - PM THE MODS TO APPLY [NO UBERS APPS FOR NOW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If think you are qualified to be a tutor, please PM Plus, IronBullet, Leftiez, Jio and Shiba with the following application as to why you think you would be a good fit. If you were previously a tutor on Smogon, you must still PM us, though we will most likely grandfather you in.
Username:
Timezone:
Regular Online Hours (in EST):
References:
Tier(s):
Accomplishments in the respective tier (tournament, ladder, or voting success):
Only approved tutors may post in this thread. Posting here without getting approval is grounds for an infraction, so don't do it. We don't care if you're the Battling Jesus on these forums, everybody goes through the same channels.

This is an opportunity for anyone looking to share their wealth of experience and knowledge of competitive Pokemon to become recognized contributors of Smogon. We are looking for members who able to teach new or inexperienced players. Individuals looking to be a tutor should be proficient in all of the metagames they apply for. Battling 101 is one of the most important parts of the site because it molds an upcoming generation of players. Being a tutor requires patience and dedication to help their apprentices learn. Tutors that have proven to fulfill their duties with regularity will earn a badge and be upgraded to community member status.

Common sense things to note that I will go over anyway regarding filling this template out:
  • Please don't use joeschmoe123 as a reference and please don't use a user who doesn't play Pokemon as a reference. Use some well respected players in tournaments or ladders or the metagame forums or whatever, but we don't give a shit if your mom can vouch for your Pokemon skills.
  • I don't ask for much with accomplishments, I'm just asking that there's participation in official smogon tournaments (OST, SPL, Frontier, Tour, Grand Slam, WCOP, OLT) and that there's moderate success in these depending on who you've played. As far as ladders go, shoot for top 5 or at least top 10 in OU.
  • If you don't see your tier / metagame listed in any of the posts below, WE AREN'T DOING THEM. No RBY LC, no randbats, no 1v1s, no Lv. 47 Orange-Pokemon-only ADV. I'll add tiers and metagames as I see fit or when leaders of specific metagames would like to contact me about it.
  • Please do something on Smogon before applying. Whether this is playing in tournaments or posting in metagame forums or rating teams, do something on the forums first. Forum integration is part of our evaluation rubric and if you don't know anything worth a damn on these forums then it's best not to apply.
Once you have been accepted, you may post your profile. Here is the information it should include:
Username: Kevin Garrett
Available: No
Timezone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 2PM-12AM
Tier(s): BW OU, DPP OU, ADV OU
Personal Profile: I enjoy sharing everything I learned playing Pokemon and see other people become the best they can be.

Username: Dundies
Available: I'll be super available after like a week or so from now
Timezone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 4PM-11PM
Tier(s): ORAS PU
Personal Profile: 16, Junior in high school, been playing PU for a little more than a year, was on the winning team of the first PUPL, love watching TV on Netflix and stuff (especially The Office), enjoy watching football (mainly college), I like music, and I am less edgy than Magnemite and Anty.

I just copied and pasted my old one if thats cool w/ you.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: King UU
Available: Yes
Regular hours: 6:00pm - 2:00am
Tiers: ORAS UU
Personal Profile: UU staff member. Always feel free to pm me for questions, regardless of your tutee status.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: r0ady
Timezone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EST): Good times to find me are between 12pm and 12am as im on off and on
Tier(s): ORAS UU
Personal Profile: 19 year old comm college student living in Florida, I wrestled in high school and have been infatuated with the UU tier for about a year and a half now.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Megazard
Available: Yeah
Timezone: GMT -7
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 7PM-12PM with some wiggle room weekdays, most of the weekend
Personal Profile: Junior with too much time on my hands, I play chess too

also copied, this is still basically the same thing since 6 months ago

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Minority Suspect
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 3PM-3AM
Tier(s): ORAS Ubers / Old Gen Ubers
Personal Profile: 18, Junior Civil Engineering student living in Salt Lake City, originally from Anaheim California. I'm a pro snowboarder on the side, and enjoy playing strategy games, classical guitar, and filming when the lifts are closed. Find me on PS! or IRC so we can talk about Ubers, hip hop, or ATLA.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: shaian
Available: more or less yeah
Timezone: GMT -4
Regular Online Hours (in EST): i dont go on ps, message me for scheduling tbh fam
Tier(s): ORAS DOU
[Mem Ric]
Sheezy, Sheezy, what's good?
It's your boy Mem Ric, what's going on?
Just checking in on you
Appreciate the love and support
The wave is here
You a wavey dude anyway, so you already know
Ain't no problem, man, the game...
You already know how this game thing goes
Do your wave nigga
You got the official wave man
Just, just doing you...
Doing you, doing your wave
And keep it loopy, I know you're going to keep it loopy man
Shoutout, just shout you out
Hollering at you man, it's all love
I appreciate the... the energy
And we here, hit the town, we do something big
We gonna make a big tsunami up in the joint
You already know what it is, ahh

[Kamikaze17]
Silver Surfer
Silver Surfer in the flesh
[Mem Ric laughing]

[Mem Ric]
Silver surfer in the flesh
Mem Ricavelli shout to Sheezy
What's good, I see you
It's love, appreciate it
It's honor, appreciate it
Ugh, wavey, baby, yeah

Last edited:

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: kamikaze17
Timezone: EST GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 7:30pm - 11:00pm weekdays (can make time on weekends too as needed)
Tier(s): Doubles OU, VGC
Personal Profile: Finished college recently, so I am officially a working man commuting every weekday. I have been playing competitive pokemon since the old Shoddy Battle days in Gen 4, but only when Generation 6 came around did I truly start to take it much more seriously and branching out beyond singles to the doubles formats that I have come to enjoy. I also love playing Ultimate Frisbee, Super Smash Bros, and card games in my free time.

Username: Lord Outrage
Timezone: GMT+2
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 5 pm to 1 am unless week ends or soccer training MWF 4-6 pm.
Tier(s): ORAS Ubers
Personal Profile: 19, Second year civil engineering. Would like to teach people willing to learn.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: ThatCrazyRussian
Available: no
Time Zone: GMT -4
Regular online hours: 11 am - 10 pm
Tiers: BW LC / DPP LC
Personal Profile: 19yo cybersecurity major, i enjoy parkour, amateur wrestling, and drinking on the weekends. I also play league a lot

Note: i have no inclination to tutor oras lc anymore nor will i be available for the whole summer so i guess extended break?

Username: celticpride
Available: Not currently
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 6PM to 11 PM
Tier(s): ORAS OU
Personal Profile: College junior who is a Rate My Team moderator and OU Forum Leader here on Smogon. Outside of Smogon I like following sports (especially Boston sports), listening to music, reading books, and playing basketball and running. Not a huge gamer outside of Pokemon related activities. I really like helping people learn and develop.

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Clone
Available: starting next round
Timezone: GMT -4
Tier (s): ORAS
Personal Profile: I'm a college student who likes playing mons. I main OU and hope that I can pass on my knowledge to other players. When I'm not playing I'm either hanging out with friends, watching Netflix, playing ultimate frisbee, or doing some other random thing.

Username: Magnemite
Available: not until finals are over which is later this month
Timezone: CST
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 6 PM - 2 AM
Personal Profile: College student from Wisconsin. I lead PU and have been heavily involved with it since the start of XY. I play a lot of competitive Smash 4 as well. I'm also not as edgy as Anty or Dundies

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Username: rozes
Regular Online Hours (in EST): Any time after 4PM EST on Saturday, then all day on Sunday and anytime after 6PM on the Weekdays. Also my sleep schedule is pretty random, so I can also help during the night.
Tier(s): ORAS RU
Personal Profile: High School Senior, watch too much Netflix, free lance graphic designer

Last edited by a moderator:

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
Username: Peli
Timezone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EST): weekdays 7-10est 12-4am I can be available, weekdays I can change my plans around
Tier(s): ORAS Ubers
Personal Profile: High School Sophmore trying to balance that mons and a social life. Like sharing my knowledge and seeing others grow.

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
Username: Coconut.
Timezone: GMT-5 (EST)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 11 AM - 4 AM
Tier(s): ORAS LC
Personal Profile: My name is Coconut, lots of people call me Sherilyn or Sheri, so feel free to yourself. I am currently studying at Rowan University in Southern New Jersey as an Elementary Education Major with a Dual Major in English. I chose this field because I've always had a passion for helping people learn and grow and become better people. I want to be able to apply that knowledge to the Little Cup metagame and help many users become better at LC.

Username: Analytic
Timezone: GMT +5.3, soon to be -7
Regular Online Hours (in EST): Vacationing for 3 months so I'm free every minute lol
Tier(s): ORAS OU
Personal Profile: Just gave my GSCEs, gonna be moving to San Jose in a month's time. I love playing football

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Bedschibaer
Timezone: GMT+2
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 1PM-6PM
Tier(s): RBY OU, GSC OU
Personal Profile: I'm 21 year old Austrian student. I like old gens, music, books and beer.
:mad:This is redundant and inefficient :mad:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Username: Cranham
Timezone: GMT+0
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 1PM-8PM (weekdays) 8AM-10PM Weekends
Tiers: ORAS Ubers
Personal Profile: 21 Years Old, currently works as a Business administrator, I like Rock/Metal/80's music, Studied as a Biochemistry student at University.

Last edited:

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion
Username: False偽
Timezone: GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (in EST): I can generally make pretty much any time work.
Tier(s): ORAS OU / ORAS PU
Personal Profile: I've been playing Pokemon since the beginning of ORAS. I like hip hop, basketball, and anime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Plus
Available: yes
Timezone: EDT GMT -4
Regular Online Hours: 8 pm - 11 am
Tiers: ORAS OU / ORAS NU
Personal Profile: the plusbus, the chinese tempest, voice of revolution

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Mr.378
Timezone: GMT-5 (Central)
Regular Online Hours (in EST): 2PM-8AM
Tier(s): GSC OU
Personal Profile: I'm just a 21 year old Computer Engineering student who has a few various intellectual interests and likes jogging, biking, and mild lifting. I have been playing this game competitively since 2005 and I want to help people learn.

Username: starry blanket
Available: y
Regular Online Hours (in EST): weeknights: 4 PM to 6 PM. weekends vary, but usually nights are preferred.
Tier: ORAS OU
Personal Profile: 17 year old student who's drowning in schoolwork. when i'm not at school or playing mons, i'm usually listening to music, hanging out with friends, or running :3c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)