Trademarked

Literally any Pokémon that gets Trick/Switcheroo:

(Pokémon) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs / Choice Band / Ring Target / You get the Idea
Ability: Trick / Switheroo
-Move
-Move
-Move
-Move

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Porygon2 eviolite
Trademarked Conversion / Nasty Plot

Thunderbolt
Magnet Rise / Trick Room
Recover
Ice Beam

In gen 6, conversion changes the user to the type of the first move in the moveslot.

PorygonZ Choice Scarf
Trademarked Nasty Plot

Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Why the om of the month is not this but AAA uber?
blame The Immortal, he calls the shots when it comes to Leader's Choice and actively prefers metas that he can implement with as little effort as possible but can't rig the votes without Eevee General noticing.
Heart Swap Manaphy is a great answer to set up sweeping Pokemon, because it just takes the opponent's boosts for itself when it comes in.
Aaaaaaaaand I didn't come up with this one before you did. Great job, me.

But yeah, even without playing Trademarked itself, I can tell that this will be a good thing from my experience with obsessively playing Staff Bros.

Literally any Pokémon that gets Trick/Switcheroo:

(Pokémon) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs / Choice Band / Ring Target / You get the Idea
Ability: Trick / Switheroo
-Move
-Move
-Move
-Move
Is messing up passive Pokemon worth being unable to do much else? Not to me, especially when Taunt gets similar functionality with the ability to properly mess with setup sweepers WITHOUT the risk of just giving them a free boost.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Wish
-Baton Pass
-Scald
-Two of Protect/Roar/Toxic/Ice Beam/Heal Bell/Haze

Jirachi can also do this with U-turn but Vaporeon has a better support movepool to take advantage of.

Also the move Scary Face has a lot of potential now that it has 100% accuracy, it's a Thunder Wave that isn't type-blocked and comes on a few terrifying Pokemon:

Archeops @ Choice Band
Ability: Scary Face
-U-turn
-Stone Edge/Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Knock Off/Acrobatics

Heatran @ Choice Specs
-Eruption
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Flash Cannon/Hidden Power

Bisharp @ Choice Band/Dread Plate
-Pursuit
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head

Others include Garchomp, Hydreigon, Salamence, Mamoswine, Tyranitar, Conkeldurr, Machamp, Metagross...

I think Glare mostly outclasses Scary Face because Scary Face just lowers your opponent´s speed, which he can nullify by switching his pokémon out and back in (though abusing this with Pursuit is a fun gimmick). The paralysis from Glare is permanent if your opponent does not have a cleric. Scary Face does have the niche of slowing down Electric types, though.

I think Glare mostly outclasses Scary Face because Scary Face just lowers your opponent´s speed, which he can nullify by switching his pokémon out and back in (though abusing this with Pursuit is a fun gimmick). The paralysis from Glare is permanent if your opponent does not have a cleric. Scary Face does have the niche of slowing down Electric types, though.
True, but the mons listed can't actually spread paralysis. However, Archeops and Bisharp do both get Rock Polish, which continues to be useful after the opponent switches out, and can't be bounced.

Awfully gimmicky but what about trademarked destiny bound? You could just switch into any opponent looking to finally sweep and cut him off instantly (not that much use otherwise though). I really like the idea of trademarked Aqua Ring to get a second leftovers though.

Oh and trademarking substitute might make stall cry. Just switch into any status move you like and as a side note you don't even have to predict that much anymore.

Better Idea- Aeigslash trademarked Kings shield.
The ultimate middle finger
True, but the trademarked move can't be used by the Pokémon itself afterwards, and as Aegislash loses Stance Change and lacks recovery it can only Shuckle around afterwards.
Btw what about Snatch? This could just block so much healing from Stall alone and if it works on trademarked abilities too, Snatch would pretty much be a Super-Trace that would also block the targets ability too.
Imprison on Smeargle might be gimmicky too (not just for Transform-Shenanigans) but might actually be funny against Stall if you imprison Roost and Recover.

Snatch Could work very well on any of these Pokemon:
Snorlax/Dusknoir/: High bulk and Atk means that snatching anything but a nasty plot or tail glow could be very helpful. Also, Neither one has a very good ability, so who cares.
Cofagrigus: Large Bulk, low attack, but decent Special Attack. Snatch any move except a swords dance. Also bad ability.
Hoopa: Literally Anything will help Hoopa.
Mew: Could be interesting, But a mixed attacking set would allow for any move that you snatch to be useful.
Chansey: Imagine If Chansey snatched a cosmic Power. That is a win condition.

Just a few ideas :P

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
the protection abilities actually sound kinda broken in this meta, allowing you to switch in safely, AND making dual protect cores very annoying to take down, as they can poison/burn you, and just switch spam until your dead. id imagine limiting them similar to parting+baton might be necessary. especially since hazard removal is as simple as switching in a mon now.

Welp. If you ever want to truly explode a few Pokemon, then this is your Mon.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Destiny Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Counter
- Foul Play
- Explosion
- Haze

Send out turn 1, take a physical attack, Counter, Explode 1 mon.
Turn 2, swap out, swap in a Pokemon with protect, Swap in as a prediction on a kill.
Turn 3, If you mispredict, and you can take them out, EXPLODE!

The MOST Gimmicky Set Ever.
Your welcome People.

This looks funny but I guess since D-Bound is revealed in turn 1 anyways it might just tip opponents off.

But another question as you mentioned it:
What happens if two Pokémon with trademarked Protect switch in directly after each other? Will this still mean the second protect fails 50% of the time? If not I could see big VoltTurn-Shenanigans where every mon has a scarf and trademarked Protect.

Here are a few set ideas:

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Foresight
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Idea is simple, Spin on everything without having to waste a moveslot. Situational, but I think it could be pretty good when it works.

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Belly Drum
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

I feel this is pretty self-explanatory.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thunder Wave
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Combine the 2 most annoying Jirachi sets, T-wave and Scarf, and paraflinching all the things.

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Sunny Day
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam
- Sucker Punch

A good late game cleaner with the Solar Power boosts. Not much wants to switch in on this.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Haze
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

SD/NP/TG leads appear to be a common threat. Crobat doesn't care.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Substitute
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

No gimmick, but I feel this could put in the work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd rather just ban Protect. That seems to have way less value, while Pangoro can be useful by supporting with stat drops, but does cost a team slot for otherwise a mediocre Pokemon.

Gravity Reuniclus might be fun as it does not miss focus blast and is immune to hazards to set it up often for team support.

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Another thing from that replay is Ditto imposters into +2 Lando-t, and used SD (Trademarked ability) again to make it +3. Sounds v cool vs non pshot offense :( It can revenge Omastar, and get +3 instead of +2. Thought I would point out good in that replay.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-trademarked-1
Guess who's back with another replay!
Endless battle and cancer detected!
"Standard OU Clauses and Rulesets + Baton Pass / Parting Shot will only work for one automatic switch-in per turn."
technically this shouldn't be possible due to the clause snaq implimented. though tbh, i think its much easier to code one parting+baton ability beint legal per team tbh

"Standard OU Clauses and Rulesets + Baton Pass / Parting Shot will only work for one automatic switch-in per turn."
technically this shouldn't be possible due to the clause snaq implimented. though tbh, i think its much easier to code one parting+baton ability beint legal per team tbh
tbh, I don't see a good use for bpass in Trademarked... Point out wherever I'm wrong please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)