Trademarked

After playing against Snaq I feel like Nature Power is way too strong? It can be turned into a STAB attack using terrains on the same team, and then you can have a specs boosted, STAB 90 BP attack which is also terrain boosted that hits at a priority that can outspeed switching. That means that if my pokemon on the field is able to be ohkod by Nature Power and its slower than his pokemon in the field, its already dead because he can switch into the NP pokemon and instantly murder it, faster than even Protect. This thing does 70% to a physically defensive tangrowth (grass-resistant tank) with a grass pokemon with high special attack, and any grass-weak pokemon is instantly dead just by switching. This is me being a party pooper i guess but where is da counterplay

Ok so I played against Abyssal Bot's shitty team with a 5 nature power team + 1 pangoro. I won 4-0 every time. Plus, with the versatility from moon blast, thunderbolt, and energy ball, it's way too broken with threats such as choice specs heatran, florges, roserade, and exeggutor. Plus, with tri-attack as neutral, there's a 27% chance a status will be inflicted. Be glad serene grace isn't allowed to combine with it, becomes a 49% chance. Just IMO. Plus, can attack when sleeping and goes through protect plus adds a -1 atk -1 spatk lol

Ok so I played against Abyssal Bot's shitty team with a 5 nature power team + 1 pangoro. I won 4-0 every time. Plus, with the versatility from moon blast, thunderbolt, and energy ball, it's way too broken with threats such as choice specs heatran, florges, roserade, and exeggutor. Plus, with tri-attack as neutral, there's a 27% chance a status will be inflicted. Be glad serene grace isn't allowed to combine with it, becomes a 49% chance. Just IMO. Plus, can attack when sleeping and goes through protect plus adds a -1 atk -1 spatk lol
Battling the bot is meaningless as evidence to support a ban. Its primary usage is for testing teams, not to be a competent opponent.

When I first played this metagame, I realised that Pangoro was really annoying, stopping every threat and providing free momentum. I wanted to make something that did not care about the stat drops, but wasn't Defiant or Contrary either. Now, I don't normally endorse FEAR but when I witnessed the ease of free switching, as well as the loveliness of TM Wish and TM Substitute, I knew FEAR had potential! I even have more FEAR ideas, but I'm posting my best one here.

Smeargle @ Custap Berry / Focus Sash
Ability: substitute
Level: 2
EVs: 36 HP / 84 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 76 Spe
Hardy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Endeavor
- Spiky Shield
- Spore / Dark Void
- Destiny Bond / Soak / Pain Split / Feint

The goal of this set is to weaken and cripple opposing threats with Endeavor and Spore respectively. Bear in mind that this set requires a free switch in order to perform its duty. Endeavor, the crux of this set, damages a Pokemon's HP all the way to 1%, allowing fast teammates and Nature Power Pokemon to easily KO weakened opponents. A metagame this unpredictable can be quite unkind to our FEAR friend here; as such, Spiky Shield is—by necessity—used to scout for threatening attacks, in addition to potentially whittling down eager targets with its rather annoying effect. A Smeargle set without Spore isn't Smeargle at all! Unless you want to use Dark Void and ruin my horrible joke, you may as well call him Sporegle, or something to that effect! All things considered, Dark Void is a decent alternative, due to its omission of Spore's regular counters—Grass Pokemon and Safety Goggles (with inconstant accuracy, however.) The last slot can be a little difficult to decide, as there is a lot that can be accomplished: Destiny Bond deters opponents from switching to their Nature Power Pokemon, allowing Smeargle to switch out, assuming your opponent values his Nature Power user. Soak changes the opponent into a Water-type, enabling Smeargle to hit Ghost-types with Endeavor, and also potentially supporting teammates. Pain Split is a good option that basically always halves the opponent's HP. It's nice that only Substitute and Taunt can stop it from working. Feint beats Protect and has higher priority than other priority attacks, but if you want more PP and hate Rocky Helmet, Ice Shard could be used instead. Its HP investment allows Smeargle to use Substitute with greater ease, and endure status effects and hazards with greater efficiency. The rest of the EVs are filler, but I tried to optimise the spread. As always, free switches and Wish support greatly aid this set.

NOTE: I forgot to mention about Focus Sash. I use Wish on all my teams, so I am often able to keep it at 100% HP. It basically allows Smeargle to survive an attack incase he gets hit. Smeargle is prone to Nature Power, multihit attacks, and sound moves—Focus Sash fixes that.

Last edited:
All I'm gonna say:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gravity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- filler
- filler
- filler

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Look, it's the new FEAR!

FEAR 2.0 (Delibird)
Ability: destinybond
Level: 1
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Whatever Nature
-Fillers

Switch in and if the oponent kills you, done. This can stop any sweeper just by switching in. Speaking of stopping setup sweepers... People should use Topsy-Turvy more often. Cause a hell lotta switches.
Also lots of people like running SD Landorus. Meet it's brother

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Ability: nastyplot
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse

Really great mon. Volt Absorb was kinda useless anyways.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Sorry for double post, but I really don't think this merges well with my comment above. I made a list with moves usable for sweepers, walls, Niches/Strategies and one with all the setup moves.
Bold are moves that have total boost of 3 or more, italic are moves that have a deboof as well
- Acid Armor (+2 Def)
- Accupressure (+2 in a random stat, relies on luck)
- Agility (+2 Spe)
- Amnesia (+2 Sp. Def)
- Autotomize (+2 Spe, -100 kg)
- Barrier (+2 Def)
- Belly Drum (+12 Attack, -50% of the max hp)
- Bulk Up (+1 Atk|+1 Def)
- Calm Mind (+1 Sp. Atk|+1 Sp. Def)
- Charge (+1 Sp. Def, next electric move used by this mon has 1.5x power)
- Coil (+1 Atk|+1 Def|+1 Acc)
- Cosmic Power (+1 Def|+1 Sp. Def)
- Cotton Guard (+3 Def)
- Curse (+1 Atk|+1 Def|-1 Spe; if Ghost -50% hp and leaves a curse on the opponent)
- Defend Order (+1 Def|+1 Sp. Def, Vespiquen and Smeargle only)
- Defense Curl (+1 Def, Rollout and Ice Ball have their power increased)
- Dragon Dance (+1 Atk|+1 Spe)
- Geomancy (+2 Sp. Atk|+2 Sp. Def|+2 Spe, two-turn move, Smeargle only)
- Growth (+1 Atk|+1 Sp. Atk, +2 Atk and +2 Sp. Atk if weather is Sunny)
- Harden (+1 Def)
- Hone Claws (+1 Atk|+1 Acc)
- Howl (+1 Atk)
- Iron Defense (+2 Def)
- Meditate (+1 Attack)
- Nasty Plot (+2 Sp. Atk)
- Quiver Dance (+1 Sp. Atk|+1 Sp. Def|+1 Spe)
- Rock Polish (+2 Spe)
- Rototiller (+1 Atk|+1 Sp Atk of grouded grass types)
- Sharpen (+1 Atk)
- Shell Smash (-1 Def|-1 Sp. Def|+2 Atk|+2 Sp. Atk|+2 Spe)
- Shift Gear (+1 Atk|+2 Spe, Klinklang and Smeargle only)
- Stockpile (+1 Def|+1 Sp Def, gives one Stockpile for usage of the other two moves)
- Swords Dance (+2 Atk)
- Tail Glow (+3 Sp. Atk, Manaphy and Volbeat only)
- Withdraw (+1 Def)
- Work Up (+1 Atk|+1 Sp Atk)

Well, other then the setup I said above, there are a few other options:
Trick Room: Works for slow offense to hit hard opponents

Sleep Powder/Spore: Putting your opponent to sleep may be better to setup for more turns instead of an auto-buff that can only be used once

Terrains: Sun and Moon come out in a few days, so why not having the surges. They buff your respective type (Electric, Fairy or Grass) by 1.5x and that's a lot useful if you have STAB in those moves. Side Effect in Electric lets you alro rest whenever you want.

Weathers: Simillar to the terrains, they boost your respective typing while they may debuff anothey type (Water in Sun, Fire in Rain), deal passive damage to the opponent (Hail/Sand) or buff your sp def if you are a rock type (Sand). Weather Teams may not be as good tho since most of the abilities are outclassed or substituted by another move. Tho you can use it on some mons pre-mega (ZardX in sun, or MegaSwampert in rain)

Focus Energy: Basically Super Luck, but not restricted to some few mons like a certain crappy bird. Couple with Scope Lens to slways crit.

Trick-Or-Treat: You can basically guarantee a STAB superefective unless the foe is normal type or resisted Ghost before. Shame Gourgeist isn't exactally the best offensive mon but that's still more damage dealt

Nature Power: Can call powerful moves that are boosted by the terrain by just switching in, or Tri Attack if no terrain.

Wish: Superior then other Healing moves for two resons: You want to recover hp after you get hit, and you can recover other mons' hp too.

Heal Bell/Aromatherapy: Cures your party upon switch-in. Basically Healer but better

Hazards: Well, pretty obvious tbh.

Defog: Clean hazards for other mons to switch in

Parting Shot: Weakens opponent for you and auto-switch

Noble Roar: Same as above without auto-switch and restricted to a crap mon

Moves That Debuff Foe: Coupled with a setup mon, you can do real damage.

Wow + Hex: Most Ghost mons get WoW anyways. You can have a 130 Stab move in a simple way

Glare/TWave: Paralyzing is great. Ya'll know it by this point.

Confuse Ray: Confusion is less annoying then para, but the chance of opponent attacking itself is awesome

Topsy-Turvy: While Malamar isn't the greatest and somewhat relies on ability, the aamout of setup in the meta is so insane that it's worth having this.

Aqua Ring: Extra lefties for ya

Encore: Does the same as it does in regular plays, but now you don't need to worry about speed since Abilities have priority anyways.

Disable: It's Disable

Rest: Recovering full hp and now being able to run Sleep Talk without worring about getting Rest again. Also heals status

Gravity:
Not only as it smacks down the opponent, it also lets you run moves with lower Accuracy because it lowers evasion. Speking of that...

Lock On: You won't miss you next move. Hello there Zap Cannon Magnezone

Ghost Type Curse: While very suicidal, it's somewhat usable.

Destiny Bond: Another suicide. It's the new FEAR, just switch whenever needed and kill an oponent

Torment: Kinda like Disable, but more situational

Miracle Eye/Foresight/Odor Sleuth: Hit imunities

Worry Seed: In a fast mon, it screw strategies

Psych Up: Well, it's obvious. Lol

Also how the heck does Entrainment work here?

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
After playing against Snaq I feel like Nature Power is way too strong? It can be turned into a STAB attack using terrains on the same team, and then you can have a specs boosted, STAB 90 BP attack which is also terrain boosted that hits at a priority that can outspeed switching. That means that if my pokemon on the field is able to be ohkod by Nature Power and its slower than his pokemon in the field, its already dead because he can switch into the NP pokemon and instantly murder it, faster than even Protect. This thing does 70% to a physically defensive tangrowth (grass-resistant tank) with a grass pokemon with high special attack, and any grass-weak pokemon is instantly dead just by switching. This is me being a party pooper i guess but where is da counterplay
Yeah Nature Power is indeed OP with that priority and ability of KOing other weakened pokemon switch in but there are some counters such as Eviolite Chansey, Jirachi, Specs Copycat TMed pokemon for revenge killing, hazards.
Here's a replay featuring Nature Spam counter http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-trademarked-6017
The main Nature Power users are Heatran, Roserade, Exeggutor, Florges
Tri Attack and Thunderbolt calc for Heatran because out of all of them it has the highest Special Attack
STAB Energy Ball calc for Roserade
STAB Moonblast calc for Florges

Eviolite Chansey

252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 109-129 (15.4 - 18.3%) -- possible 6HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Roserade Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Grassy Terrain:205-243 (29.1 - 34.5%) 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 103-122 (14.6 - 17.3%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Florges Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 147-174 (20.8 - 24.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

Jirachi (can use Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, Iron Defense, Light Screen, Stealth Rock, Wish as the TMed move)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Jirachi: 64-75 (15.8 - 18.5%) -- possible 6HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Roserade Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Jirachi in Grassy Terrain: 143-168 (35.3 - 41.5%) 82.1% chance to 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Florges Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Jirachi: 102-120 (25.2 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Jirachi: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Cresselia is another option
These pokemon really can't save the already weakened pokemon from getting KOed since after switch in it has priority so hazards should be used to counter them but then there is defog as well

Also how the heck does Entrainment work here?
So I tested the effects of Taunt, Trace and Entrainment
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-trademarked-6781
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-trademarked-6785
Taunt does not disables the opponent from using their Trademarked move!
Trace uses the opponents TMed move
Apparently Entrainment (If used before the opponent) disables the opponent's TMed move (that's why two replays)

Edit: This is what Role Play does http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-trademarked-7625
Its similar to Trace

Last edited:
Yeah Nature Power is indeed OP with that priority and ability of KOing other weakened pokemon switch in but there are some counters such as Eviolite Chansey, Jirachi, Specs Copycat TMed pokemon for revenge killing, hazards.
Here's a replay featuring Nature Spam counter http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-trademarked-6017
Had you made an effort to keep Grassy Terrain up and switched in Roserade after Darmanitan died to recoil, Chansey would have been toast, after which Heatran's Magma Storm and Overheat could have put in good work against Jirachi. Also, if Nature Power had become Energy Ball, Manaphy would have been KOed before it could remove Heatran's Choice Specs. I feel like that game was winnable for you even with Chansey and Jirachi on the opposing team.

Also, the strength of a revenge killing tool isn't much diminished by the presence of counters on stall. I guess CM Jirachi fits on other builds but it's still one mon. Nature Power deals damage faster than hazards do so that's kind of a moot point. Specs Copycat would be nice if Nature Power users weren't perfectly capable of tanking Nature Powers themselves -- Roserade and Heatran resist Grass and Fairy, and Florges has fantastic special bulk.

252 SpA Choice Specs Zoroark Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Florges: 101-119 (28 - 33%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

There's no counter to a specs stab nuke which hits faster than priority, protect and even switching, in the same way there are no counters to a wobbuffett or a gothitelle. you choose your targets, just like those pokemon and ultimately if they have less than X% hp and are out on the field they die without having any opportunity of counterplay. The problem is that that X% hp is a huge number. That roserade could have done things like take out chansey from 40%
252+ SpA Choice Specs Roserade Energy Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Grassy Terrain: 226-267 (35.2 - 41.5%)

and when you start looking at how the numbers work against offensive teams it starts getting very ugly.I cant switch in a single grass-weak pokemon if grassy terrain is up. thats stupid. plus lets say im playing some sort of stallbreaker mew- fully specially defensive. i have to know that if i take a chip that knocks me under 75% while grassy terrain's up, i have a chance of being instantly executed by nature power.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)