Gen 3 Too balanced?

Hello all!

Long (part-time) lurker, first time poster :) I've fallen into love with an app based on adv, with a few key differences which you will see. I'm having some difficulty making a strong competitive team and would like some advice. Apologies in advance if my format is not proper or descriptive enough :)

My current squad is:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Calm nature
-Thunderbolt
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Drill Peck (Would like to switch to HP grass, however it is extremely difficult in this app to find HPs)

I use Zapdos as my lead currently as it is able to scare off most of the major threats and I find him extremely durable, its HP and defenses allow it to be a solid special wall while packing a punch. I face a lot of Celebi and Breloom squads, especially Breloom in the lead spot so it functions as a check.

Swampert Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EV's: 252 HP / 206 Def / 50 SpA
Relaxed nature
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Toxic

Standard stall Swampert, ice beam to ward off Celebi and Skarmory, and earthquake to provide excellent coverage for nearly everything else. I use a protect and toxic combo to punish switch ins, and protect especially for recovery after a switch in on Aerodactyl or Tyranitar.

Snorlax Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EV's: 88 HP / 176 Atk / 132 Def / 112 SpD
Adamant nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Body Slam
-Shadow Ball

By far my favourite team member. RestTalk Snorlax with Shadow Ball to handle Gengar switch ins, and Body Slam for paralysis. I needed a strong special wall with an offensive presence to check the multitude of Swampert and Blissey that I face, as I don't have much in the way of water or ice moves without him.

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk
Naughty nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Fire Blast
-Crunch

I confess that I'm not certain about this guy being on my team in the future. Earthquake and Rock slide for coverage against electric types, Tyranitar, and Aerodactyl, while Fire Blast keeps Skarmory in check. I want to run toxic over crunch, but having two toxic on my team seemed counterproductive.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Band
Ability: Rock Head
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Double Edge
-Aerial Ace

My main condition revolves around getting this guy late in the battle for a successful sweep. Usually this involves having toxic onto Swampert and low enough for a successful Earthquake KO, or having a bulky Gengar low enough to finish with Rock Slide.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Calm nature
-Thunder Wave
-Soft Boiled
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

This is where my main concern comes into play as I'm sure most of you noticed. There is no calm mind in this game as the developers believe it is too powerful I suppose. I loved Blissey on all of my ADV squads, however I'm not sure that it fits without CM, as it just doesn't provide any offensive pressure. I use her as a special wall which might be overkill given Snorlax on my squad. Thunder Wave for support, Thunderbolt/Ice Beam for coverage and some offense to go along with the 252 EV's in SAtk.

My main concerns with this team are:

-I don't really have a physical wall to deal with Snorlax. I've been debating doing the grind to get Tyranitar, however I'm not sure if it's as simple to replace Blissey for him, mainly because of all the rock/ground types I have as it stands. I thought of Steelix, however I'm not sure if he would just be fodder for a Dugtrio trap.

-I feel my team is trying to do too many win conditions. Toxic stalling without any spikes, for example. Is it worthwhile to switch one of my squad out for a spiker to support Aerodactyl? I've lost a few stall matches where my Swampert just gets whittled down and I'm unable to sweep.

Final Notes:

This app in particular does not have curse or calm mind in place to allow certain pokes to be used like I am used to. This forces me to look at alternative strategy and means. Also, there are no different tier systems, which makes my cheerful group face occasionally against Ubers such as Kyo or Mewtwo. All kinds of fun!

Thanks in advance :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)