Tournament TLT: Tours' Leaderboard Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Even though I can commit and spare the time and effort to participate and possibly get far into the tournament"

Then stop the talking and start doing. Thats the best and only way to shut down your "haters". Me personally, I would want you to stay because I was curious how you would perform against some actual good players.
As I said, I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I'm dropping out because it's what's better for me.

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Hello and congratulations to each and every player who qualified!

I want to take this chance to say a few things, this isn't a rant and I don't mean to call anyone out, please bear with me (scroll to the bottom for a tl;dr). I've been playing in the tournaments room for about half a year now. Even though that might be very little time compared to a lot of people who have been here for years, I've been in the room pretty much daily since the very first day I clicked on it so I've gotten to know the players community and a some of you pretty well. Overall it has been an amazing experience and I have met plenty of cool people and even made a few friends.

But anyway, the reason why I'm writing all of this is because I'm very discouraged from even using Pokemon Showdown! and I would like to drop out from TLT. For many weeks up until now every single day I come online I've gotten hateful messages (both public and private) from multiple users whom I don't know and whom I have no idea what I did to them (if anything). With one incident even ending in me having to get a Global Moderator involved and that person getting locked from talking because it turned into harassment towards me. In all honesty, this is uncalled for.

I come online on Pokemon Showdown! wanting to have a good time after dealing with a lot of difficult situations I have to be strong for in real life. And to have my ONE outing to all the problems I barely get through everyday ruined by people I have and did nothing against is just not fair, and I'm done keeping quiet about it. As a player, a weak person would have quit ages ago. But I'm not like that, I like to help people out and if no one is doing anything to help me deal with this then I will make it stop on my own.

Situations like this are the reason why new players don't feel welcomed and very often do not keep up with new games they get into. No, is not because they "suck" and are bad at the games they just got into, it is because of how experienced players treat them. Everyone is bad when they're new in ANYTHING in life. That is no reason to be rude and spam someone each time they log in. I have seen it happening to other people in many different games (YuGiOh!, Maplestory, Super Smash Bros., etc. etc.) but I never thought it would ever happen to me, and specially on a Pokemon simulator I've always been looking forward to use. Yes, I'm just a nobody who just started playing Pokemon competitively, who doesn't belong to a team and who still has lots to learn. But that is no reason why dozens of people should be saying stuff like "no one likes you", "get over yourself", "get a life", "insert cursing word", etc. etc. to me on a daily basis. If it was just a couple people I would not mind it, it is not too hard to not talk back. But to have groups of lots of players try to ruin your day to the point where I have to block PM's and challenges is just too much. I have tried ignoring the problem and specific people like anyone would, but now it is starting to affect me in the sense that I don't get to talk with my friends on Showdown! because of the need of keeping PM's blocked to not get into any more problems, and I cannot let this continue.

So instead of taking things personally, making a big deal about it and getting into pointless drama, I rather write this huge wall of text and talk about it now and END this issue here and more importantly step back from the whole situation (and TLT) and let someone else who will have fun competing take my spot. Because that's what is important for me, having fun playing Pokemon. And if that has been ruined for me I rather at least give someone else the chance to play in a big tournament like this.

Even though I can commit and spare the time and effort to participate and possibly get far into the tournament, I have been asking myself: What would be the fun in it? When the tournament was first announced (and until lately) I was very excited to participate. I'm very competitive and Pokemon is perhaps the game I enjoy the most. But now that TLT is about to get on its way I feel that I would be playing to try to prove something, when there's nothing I need to prove to anyone. People forget that, after all, is just a game. Everyone should leave their problems aside, keep any drama to themselves and just enjoy the amazing game Pokemon is.

So thank you very much for the opportunity (and for reading all of this to all of you who did it) but it will be much better for me and for everyone if someone else takes my spot.

TLDR I'm not participating in TLT and have my reasons not to, please give my spot to another player.

Happy TLT everyone!
I mean no shame on what you are doing and go for it, but honestly the reason why you feel you are treated this way is the way you hold yourself. Just a word of advice for the future is that if you really want others to respect you and respect your opinion, acknowledge that you don't know much at first because you honestly seem extremely cocky from my perspective, and say things that are generally wrong while educating new players. That said, this is still unfortunate to see people see the community this way and should be a wake up call for tours room players to get their act together. I have also been pretty unhappy with the regular users of the tours room community, not anyone in particular but many problems you brought up are valid.

That said MJ's point is valid in general as many of the respected players in our community have proven themselves in some way, as some sort of rites of passage. If you truly feel that you are getting ridiculed and want to change it then you have to prove it to others. As for whether or not you want to do it is up to you but honestly don't complain about it because everyone else has gone through the same situation.

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Hello and congratulations to each and every player who qualified!

I want to take this chance to say a few things, this isn't a rant and I don't mean to call anyone out, please bear with me (scroll to the bottom for a tl;dr). I've been playing in the tournaments room for about half a year now. Even though that might be very little time compared to a lot of people who have been here for years, I've been in the room pretty much daily since the very first day I clicked on it so I've gotten to know the players community and a some of you pretty well. Overall it has been an amazing experience and I have met plenty of cool people and even made a few friends.

But anyway, the reason why I'm writing all of this is because I'm very discouraged from even using Pokemon Showdown! and I would like to drop out from TLT. For many weeks up until now every single day I come online I've gotten hateful messages (both public and private) from multiple users whom I don't know and whom I have no idea what I did to them (if anything). With one incident even ending in me having to get a Global Moderator involved and that person getting locked from talking because it turned into harassment towards me. In all honesty, this is uncalled for.

I come online on Pokemon Showdown! wanting to have a good time after dealing with a lot of difficult situations I have to be strong for in real life. And to have my ONE outing to all the problems I barely get through everyday ruined by people I have and did nothing against is just not fair, and I'm done keeping quiet about it. As a player, a weak person would have quit ages ago. But I'm not like that, I like to help people out and if no one is doing anything to help me deal with this then I will make it stop on my own.

Situations like this are the reason why new players don't feel welcomed and very often do not keep up with new games they get into. No, is not because they "suck" and are bad at the games they just got into, it is because of how experienced players treat them. Everyone is bad when they're new in ANYTHING in life. That is no reason to be rude and spam someone each time they log in. I have seen it happening to other people in many different games (YuGiOh!, Maplestory, Super Smash Bros., etc. etc.) but I never thought it would ever happen to me, and specially on a Pokemon simulator I've always been looking forward to use. Yes, I'm just a nobody who just started playing Pokemon competitively, who doesn't belong to a team and who still has lots to learn. But that is no reason why dozens of people should be saying stuff like "no one likes you", "get over yourself", "get a life", "insert cursing word", etc. etc. to me on a daily basis. If it was just a couple people I would not mind it, it is not too hard to not talk back. But to have groups of lots of players try to ruin your day to the point where I have to block PM's and challenges is just too much. I have tried ignoring the problem and specific people like anyone would, but now it is starting to affect me in the sense that I don't get to talk with my friends on Showdown! because of the need of keeping PM's blocked to not get into any more problems, and I cannot let this continue.

So instead of taking things personally, making a big deal about it and getting into pointless drama, I rather write this huge wall of text and talk about it now and END this issue here and more importantly step back from the whole situation (and TLT) and let someone else who will have fun competing take my spot. Because that's what is important for me, having fun playing Pokemon. And if that has been ruined for me I rather at least give someone else the chance to play in a big tournament like this.

Even though I can commit and spare the time and effort to participate and possibly get far into the tournament, I have been asking myself: What would be the fun in it? When the tournament was first announced (and until lately) I was very excited to participate. I'm very competitive and Pokemon is perhaps the game I enjoy the most. But now that TLT is about to get on its way I feel that I would be playing to try to prove something, when there's nothing I need to prove to anyone. People forget that, after all, is just a game. Everyone should leave their problems aside, keep any drama to themselves and just enjoy the amazing game Pokemon is.

So thank you very much for the opportunity (and for reading all of this to all of you who did it) but it will be much better for me and for everyone if someone else takes my spot.

TLDR I'm not participating in TLT and have my reasons not to, please give my spot to another player.

Happy TLT everyone!
Hey man. Sorry to see that you dropped out. I don't know if u read my BLT post from the previous BLT... but basically I was like shit when people where assholes to me about how I played. I know that when people actually bother you with irl stuff its really annoying. Just hope everything gets sorted and you come back fam.

Can we just start the tour already?

and regarding Overdragoon, dude you literally topped the leaderboard each cycle just to leave out of "harassment". My dude we've all experienced it and at the end of the day who the fuck cares about what other internet players think of you. This tour is an individual tour so support from others(while beneficial) is not expected nor needed.

PD out

and here I was thinking you'd want him to stick around so that your circlejerk w/ you, villa, oshawott fan, micro, and esm would have more opportunities to harass him

anyways, confirming, gmt -7
Hold up my dude, just because we have a discord server doesnt mean theyre all associated with the shit that went on above. Dragging the names of good people (MJ, Micro, ESM and others who know they are) into the dark depths of hell that i lurk in isnt ok.

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Before this gets too heated, let's all just chill out and let the guy do as he pleases. It's his right to do what he wants, and we will leave it at that.

So on to a new topic, how about Team RAINBOW??
Jrdn can u be my friend

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can we just start the tour already?

and regarding Overdragoon, dude you literally topped the leaderboard each cycle just to leave out of "harassment". My dude we've all experienced it and at the end of the day who the fuck cares about what other internet players think of you. This tour is an individual tour so support from others(while beneficial) is not expected nor needed.

PD out

I may not be part of the tours community and not know as much but dude, he fucking cares about it. Everyone is affected by something and if he carried himself in a way that triggered someone doesn't mean that the messages he got were warranted or deserved. A global mod locked for it, so its most likely real. You can't deem it as "harassment" because it happened to you or others, bullying is fucking bullying and it should bloody stop. The fact that dragoon actually decided to post about it to this thread is applaudable, and I do hope he comes back.

Sorry about interrupting ur thread guys

hello,
so i dont see the issue that random people bully you people bully me too its pretty common and i dont see why people dont ignore them and just go on with what they do.

Ceteris Paribus

I am inevitable.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's not misuse the purpose of this thread, it isn't made so we can fire shots at people when they opt to leave for whatever reason. If you do have a problem this isn't the place voice that, we don't need to cause unnecessary drama. TLT is a new tour we've put in place for your enjoyment so let's not ruin the opportunity and move on from this. What's done has been done, discussing this further isn't helping anyone.

upload_2017-11-2_21-29-31.png

In all seriousness though I hope Overdragoon can if possible come back. I never watched his battles much, granted I didn't for a lot of qualifiers which is mb. I'm fairly busy but you can't argue with his points success. I'm somewhere in the middle due to the fact I know Osh well and know he was fucking around and goofing round but he took it a tad too far I'll admit for Tours. He let a bit too much out honestly and since they're not close obviously not ideal, but we've seen other smogon tours; it happens unfortunately. This is supposed to be a competitive friendly atmosphere and both of these users represent this to me. I do also think though that Overdragoon does occasionally act fairly confident and cocky at times but it happens after winning so much and it's pokemon so just ignore him. Still love you osh <3. I just disagree to the length you went in this situation :c Similar to mj I was hyped to get to see the legend himself play and see what he can do but I understand why he left. If you need anything Overdragoon I and other Tours room people will be glad to help and make you feel at home if you decide to come back. Tours Room has incredible people and a great atmosphere and we intend to keep it like that. It happened for better or for worse, let's just not let it happen again. Let's make this a great debut of TLT and have a great tournament regardless of this!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I appreciate all of your responses to Overdragoon's post and am glad many in the community are coming together to support him, but the thread has gotten somewhat out of hand. I've already spoken with Overdragoon regarding the issue and everything is fine now. I want to ask everyone to please move on and respect his decision because the general atmosphere of the thread has become really passive-aggressive and this isn't healthy for the tour.

With that being said, I want to emphasize our policy regarding sportsmanship and proper conduct in the tour: Overwhelming toxicity, collusion, or otherwise going out of your way to bypass the anti-scouting measures in the room will not be tolerated and will result in a ban from competing in the tournament. If you are a victim of any of these during our room tours, please contact a staff member (with room %, @, or #) with relevant screenshots as evidence. This is just a game and everyone is here to have fun and enjoy themselves, so please act appropriately and keep it this way for everyone else. Also, please report any and all instances of harassment and improper conduct so they can be dealt with swiftly and not snowball into a larger problem. The staff is here to make sure everyone is comfortable and enjoying the themselves, but it's hard to do so when we are not contacted when things like this happen.

Congratulations to everyone that qualified; good luck with the tour, and most importantly, have fun.

Hey everyone, I'm very grateful for all the supportive messages I've gotten since yesterday. It feels great to have people backing me up. I have reconsidered my previous decision to drop out of TLT and I would like to apologize for any issues my message might have caused. Looking forward for it to start!

Not even one week in and this thread is already at a high quality, sweet.

Gladly, most of it's been resolved now so why not post some unofficial Power Rankings?
Special shoutouts to blazenix, Microwavable, Trace, Luthier and Villa for helping with this. Hopefully, this way we can avoid as much bias as possible. We used criteria such as versatility, adaptability and overall playing competency to rank.
Please don't be offended about where you were ranked, these are subjective and are meant to be for fun, anyway. Without further ado, in no particular order:

S RANK

Ark
hamhamhamham

A+ Rank

MiyoKa
Mysterious M
Trace

A Rank

OminousDraco
parivard

A- Rank

Mohician
SableyeMyBae
Pradhaan
EternalSnowman
byronthewellwell
Osh
littlelachjyn
MJ

B+ Rank

FMG
neomon
Villa
Plas
explodingdaisies
Micro
blinkboy
Akiko Yosano
Trade
jrdn
PD
Overdragoon

B Rank

BigBoy038
Luthier
The Cheesen One
London13
KingOfCrimea
Le Sabreur
t0te
Snow Jiniri
Nyan Dash
youmu@poke
Chloe

B- Rank

keeping it icy
arce9
abbp
nightning
Cam
Skelos
Tempering
Roseybear

C+ Rank

Jrsmash9
Mikaav
UWoodz
Leo05051998
RevivalCircus
MS3D

C Rank

PokemonC'estSur
Go0d
lkapkd
TI84

C- Rank

bdov
D Rank

Hell Rayquaza1
Brawlion

X Rank

Blazenix
SANJAY

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)