Tournament TLT: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predicts
  1. bdov vs. Trace - My dark horse. What a force of nature--challenging the guy to his own tier-- then PUMMELING.
  2. t0te vs peachycl0uds - I've seen both players in action and despite peachycl0uds being a debbydowner, he has gotten a fair share of wins towards me which is why I have decided to give him this one. Although, neither player has stood out to me the way striped shirts do when clashed together with polkadots.
  3. lkapkd1 vs Mikaav - Ikapkd1 is a guy I've faced time after time in roomtours whereas Mikaav was a tribe member when I decided to join survival in ((Circus Maximus forum)) a few months back. While neither seem to pick up many wins, I feel as if Mikaav has his fundamentals down.
  4. Xiri vs Skelos - Xiri sounds like what you get when you hold down your thumb on the home button of an Iphone. If this is the case, then xiri should both be bad at listening and make very 1-dimensional plays(((((this is my first time hearing of him)))). Skelos(a.k.a Big Air) on the other hand has established himself in multiple blt's, as roomvoice in NU room and to me is honestly just a solid-all-around player. Pronunciation: Skell-ohs Apparently Xiri beat skelos during the making of these predictions.
  5. MJ vs Mohican
  6. Abbp vs blinkboy - Blinkboy is this tour's wildcard tbh. The question is whether or not he decides to apply his work-ethic and accommodate to certain tiers(notably nu, ru, uu, and doubles). I've seen this guy do wonders in OU, LC, and Ubers. If he's as competent in the former tiers mentioned as these ones, then he'll go a looooooooo(7 1/2 inches)ooong way.
  7. Chloe vs explodingdaisies - Chloe is notorious for her work in OMs, while explodingdaisies is familiar with the ou metagame(granting him/her a reasonable understanding of knowledge in the other tiers.) Although, if Chloe is able to apply her OM innovation along with a competent mind to the battles, then she could have a chance.
  8. littlelachyjn vs Roseybear - "rosey wont win without ou" - Villa || Sorry Rosey, but I'm not too sure about how familiar you are with the lower tiers. I've repeatedly seen littlelachyjn grow as a player though.
  9. Overdragoon vs Poison Adhesive - Going from almost dropping out to almost winning the entire tournament(unfort that he'll have to face me in the end), Overdragoon will hopefully be able to establish himself as the good player that others seem to dismiss him for. As for poison adhesive, I've never seen them.
  10. Ark vs byronthewellwell - I dabbled between the two, partly because I don't want to reward someone who lost to Sharp Ladder UU in NU open. Although, I think Ark is the more versatile player which in this tour, is vital to winning. Byronthewellwell has his strengths, but in terms of grasp of different metagames, Byron won't have enough to take down Ark unless he eliminates tiers wisely.
  11. OminousDraco vs leo05051998 - OminousDraco was consistently a strong foundation in my BLT IV team, but leo seems to be a child born of 1998, the year of the tiger https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/social_customs/zodiac/tiger.htm
  12. Le Sabreur vs BigBoy038 - both seem to be very well rounded players, but I have to give it to ma dude bigboy as he was also a strong foundation of my BLT IV team right next to draco.
  13. Villa vs TheFranklin - Villa has been living behind a mask all of his life. A poverty-strucken home in the west Ganges, Villa tragically fell ill to pimple malaria-meningicoccal-meningitis. This disease prompted an endless wave of ridicule and embarrassment forcing Villa to hide under Santa hats and Halloween masks for the rest of his life. TheFranklin $100 might be the only answer to Villa's seemingly distant salvation.
  14. Luthier vs Elyna - Luthier is immature, Indian, and 16.... the formula used to produce NUCLEAR FUEL. If anyone can beat Luthier, its probably going to be parivard, but this is a matchup against Elyna who I'm not too familar with. Though, the amount of growth Luthier has had in the past couple of months is truly outstanding and the man should be acknowledged/commemorated for it.
  15. Naian Dach vs Mysterious M - Both seem to be formidable foes, but where Naian Dach hasnt necessarily made a name for himself throughout the pokemon community, Mysterious M has. And if i recall, Mysterious M is the son of Dominatio who by the way, is my NIGGA.
  16. Hamhamhamham vs MS3D - I'm personally a fan of spam, but if I were to chose to eat one of the two...it would certainly not be MS3D, what sounds to be some sort of failed Soviet Drug.
  17. The Cheesen One vs Uwoodz03 - already fappened. shoutouts the cheesen one for shouting me out for giving him an lc team like 2 months back !!! Uwoodz03 is a father of two kids, fun fact. I'm kind've rooting for Uwoodz03 all along loser's bracket.
  18. Go0d vs Plas - Plas is one of the more nerdier players that tlt has to offer, but where there is brains, there is somewhat decent pokeplay.
  19. Pakivard v?s MiyoKa - This is one of the matches that I just am not sure about. Parivard to me seems to be at the playing capacity Jeran was during his prime. MiyoKa on the other hand is a completely different force to be reckoned with. Similar to Luthier, MiyoKa has been making waves recently and growing as a player(winning in official smogon site tournaments, most notably)
  20. EternalSnowman vs Trade - Both players are very versatile and open-minded, but ESM has much more access to a wide array of teams for each tier ;) which also warrants confidence. He also has the 1-0 which warrants confidence again. If there is a major factor into how the rest of these matches will turn out, it's going to be confidence.
  21. Akiko Yosano vs wavableMicro - Akiko Yosana is a very competent doubles player. Micro is sometimes inconsistent, but he is able to adapt to a wide series of tiers which justifies my decision niqqa.
  22. Osh vs Jrsmash9 - Despite losing to me in LC 6 times in a row, Osh can still take down entire empires with his Samurott. Jrsmash9 is also a somewhat notorious player among the tours community, but will OU and Ubers be enough for Jrsmash9 to win this series?
  23. SableyeMyBae vs Blitzburgh - Sorry Blitzburgh, SMB is just a contendor that I can see potentially winning the entire thing, but this will for sure be a match to watch.
  24. PD vs PokemonCestDur - I am going to win by activity: "PokemonCestDur was last seen: Sep 29, 2017"
  25. youmu@poke vs USAPIKACHU2K7 - Youmu@poke is actually one of my favorite newer players to the scene, and to top it off he is joining us all the way from Japan. Ganbatte sensei hentai-kun !
  26. London13 vs lightning1870 - I do not know London13, but my mans Nightning always supports me in my battles, so why not return the favor. jk you're both gay
  27. Pradhaaan vs lopd - This will be a close upset. Brawlion will skillfully outplay this idiot turn after turn, but pradhaaan will constantly chant to Shiva, Krishna, and Vishnu. The result will be a barrage of unnecessary dodges and triple protects on prad's side. All i gotta say is ... poor lopd.
  28. Hell Rayquaza11 vs FMG - There are 12 letters in Hell Rayquaza11's name and 3 in FMG's. 12 / 3 = 4. 4 is the number you get when you add the numbers at the end of Ray's name with the two l's at the end of Hell. Ultimately this would mean that both players are equal because 4=4. Unfortunately, Hell Rayquaza11 is some butt so this math doesn't apply. jk ily dude, don't report.
  29. Kingofcrimea vs Kin - KOC is actually one of the players I'm hoping will go far. He's underrated, but a very passionate and curious soul. His name may be new to the tours scene, but his battling is that of a veteran's.
  30. RevivalCircus vs SANJAY - This is the fucking idiot that put me in B+ for power rankings, but if you weigh both of the names, we certainly don't want the circus to be revived.
  31. Whitewash vs -Latios- - Cam's kidney stones just prevented him from grabbing that win.
  32. Jrdn vs neomon - Jrdn is a very well established and methodical player, but neomon has just been making more of an effort to immerse himself into new frontiers(lc, ru, uu, ou, ubers..he mains nu). Though, I do hope that since I predict you to win, you will listen to me and change your name back to neomn

Last edited by a moderator:
Gg mikaav losers bracket time for me to bring my Brooklyn rage.(whoever gets this reference gets a cookie)

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm late and irrelevant but here are my predicts including played games ;

I'm not the most descriptive.

Round One Matchups
bdov vs Trace - I won't comment on this one.

t0te vs peachycl0uds - Don't know enough about either, latter is pretty solid afaik.

lkapkd1 vs Mikaav - LC boi

Xiri vs Skelos - Don't actually know Xiri but didn't expect Finn to lose R1.

Abbp vs blinkboy - Don't know enough about Abbp but blinkboy is generally solid.

MJ vs Mohican - I don't know Mohican but emptee is solid.

Chloe vs explodingdaisies - Chloe is cool but I see ED taking this one, gl tho Chlo

littlelachyjn vs Roseybear - I'm loyal

Overdragoon vs Poison Adhesive - Should win

Ark vs byronthewellwell - Lit game, gonna stay neutral as I don't know too much about Ark but hear good things.

OminousDraco vs leo05051998 - Should be straightforward.

Le Sabreur vs BigBoy038 - I've seen both, know more about the latter so will have to go for bb.

Villa vs TheFranklin - Villa

Luthier vs Elyna - Hamx4's prophecy to come true

Naian Dach vs Mysterious M - MM is v strong, rate ND too, this will be one of the better matchups.

Hamhamhamham vs MS3D - Imagine Ham losing in round 1 lul.

The Cheesen One vs Uwoodz03 - Glad you played this one already bc I can't call this.

Go0d vs Plas - Plas is Go0d

parivard vs MiyoKa - MiyoKa is cool.

EternalSnowman vs Trade - Feel like ESM has the slight advantage but will remain neutral, potentially game of the round.

Akiko Yosano vs Microwavable - Hmm, they seem good, hi micro.

Osh vs Jrsmash9 - It's Osh, Osh wins.

SableyeMyBae vs Blitzburgh - Blitz is a good player but SMB es lo mejor, ¡vamos SMB!

PD vs PokemonCestDur - PCD is chill and a good player but I feel like PD may edge:

youmu@poke vs USAPIKACHU2K7 - ym@p should be far too solid to drop this one.

London13 vs lightning1870 - Thought he was all talk but honestly a better player than expected, could go either way, as a Londoner will lean this way.

Pradhaaan vs lopd - no comment.

Hell Rayquaza11 vs FMG - I don't know too much about FMG but they should be able to handle Jurassic Park boi

Kingofcrimea vs Abyssal Ruins - Kingofcrimea is solid.

RevivalCircus vs SANJAY - Despite his vile mentality he should take this. If he doesn't thousands of cups of tea will crash to the ground in shock.

Whitewash vs -Latios- - gj tempering, #YTPSPL2k17 (rof)

Jrdn vs neomon - Both solid players but Jrdn is god.

Glhf most o/

Last edited:
REPLAYS:
(I'll try keep this updated regularly)

bdov vs. Trace Game 1 | Game 2
t0te vs peachycl0uds Game 1 | Game 2
lkapkd1 vs Mikaav Game 1 | N/A
Xiri vs Skelos Game 1 | Game 2
Abbp vs blinkboy N/A | N/A | N/A
MJ vs Mohican Game 1 | Game 2
Chloe vs explodingdaisies Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Karolynia vs Roseybear
Overdragoon vs Poison Adhesive Game 1 | Game 2
Ark vs byronthewellwell Game 1 | Game 2
OminousDraco vs leo05051998 Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Le Sabreur vs BigBoy038 Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Villa vs TheFranklin
Luthier vs Elyna Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Naian Dach vs Mysterious M Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Hamhamhamham
vs MS3D Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
The Cheesen One vs Uwoodz03 Game 1 | Game 2
Go0d vs Plas Game 1 | Game 2
parivard vs MiyoKa
EternalSnowman vs Trade Game 1 | N/A | Game 3
Akiko Yosano vs Microwavable Game 1 | N/A
Osh vs Jrsmash9 Game 1 | Game 2
SableyeMyBae vs Blitzburgh Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
PD vs PokemonCestDur Game 1 | N/A
youmu@poke vs USAPIKACHU2K7
London13 vs lightning1870 Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Pradhaaan vs lopd
Hell Rayquaza11 vs FMG
Kingofcrimea vs Abyssal Ruins Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
RevivalCircus vs SANJAY Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Whitewash vs -Latios- Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Jrdn vs neomon Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)