Things you dislike

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
this has been a firebot thread in the past, but i think it could be interesting to do it in cong.

Just a general thing to talk about the things you don't like. I'll start.

- Onions and Mustard, these are the two foods I have incredible difficulty stomaching. Not sure why, it may be the Smell.

- Heavy snow. I live in canada so this is a pretty big issue sometimes. Makes it hard to travel around and makes me have to shovel. Which sucks!

- No Game No Life - just think the show is very bad, and not enjoyable.

- Funko Pops, they are fucking awful and a disgrace. Anyone who owns these will immediately be judged by me. they are literally the worst collectable of all time and you should feel ashamed if you own one.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
- Celery / Licorice - hate the flavor and smell of both

- Hot and humid temperatures/climates - Humidity makes it kinda difficult to breathe since the air is so heavy with water vapor, the heat just makes you feel sticky and gross

- Working with quiet people - I hate working with those very shy students that don't talk and break in half the minute you raise your voice or call them out on something

- Talking about Anime irl - Idk it just feels weird to talk about it

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
People who don't flush the toilet

When people misinterpret what I'm saying

Marinara sauce on pasta

Burgers with crappy buns that just absorb all the grease and get soggy

Pennies

Getting tiny little pebbles in my shoe that take like four tries to get out no matter how hard I try

Things that require a battery size that isn’t double a

When you’re telling someone a story and they keep interrupting you to try and guess what you’re going to say next

Putting a coat on over a long sleeve shirt and having the shirt’s sleeve roll up to your elbow.

When someone knocks on a bathroom stall

When people reply with something like “five after” when I ask what time it is

Looking at pictures im not in

Looking at pictures im in

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Asparagus. It’s a bad vegetable and its only redeeming quality is the fact that asparagus in Latin is asparagus.

Poor hygiene. Like, just shower enough that you don’t consistently smell bad enough to get the nickname “The Stench”.

Overreacting. The ass-iest thing about high school is that everyone thinks they're important enough that people actually care about what you do (embarrassment is almost entirely projected in high school lol) or taking a small problem and hyping it up to the levels of watergate. Last week some people got their hands on some No Nut November document some friends had and they acted like their lives had just ended. Chill, people

Also those academic type with helicopter parents annoy me to no end. I’m a solid A student and I don’t give a rats ass about a B, but I see kids literally hyperventilating as if their life is over. I understand if it was an F, but a B+? Really?

My upper middle-class neighbourhood. Me and my friends had the cops called on us for trick-or-treating a week before Halloween... we were in costume and everything and even got some candy before we got ratted out by some paranoid dad. Ain’t we stinkers?
Criminal.JPG

TLDR fuck high school + asparagus

Last edited:

Flare

ENDURANCE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mayonnaise, people who walk slow in front of me, people who listen to music without using headphones in public places/transport, people who play loud music at night, exams, English anime dubs, Essays, Liars, Hypocrites, Snitches, people who try to force their opinion over everyone else's, tiny pebbles in my shoes, my neighborhood, my country.

Boi, I have quite a list huh?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Right, lets see:

- Suicide Squad - I honestly have nothing good to say about this steaming pile of shit, and it is the worst movie I have ever watched. Hate isn't a word I use to describe my thoughts towards much, but I hate every aspect of this film without exception. The aesthetic choices are fucking awful without exception, the humour makes me want to bang my head against wall because it is insultingly awful, the character writing (ESPECIALLY Harley) is painfully dreadful, nothing that happens on screen makes any fucking sense; the list goes on. Perhaps what's worse is that people seemed to think that this pathetic excuse for entertainment even resembled the concept of "middling," which just makes me question whether we were even watching the same movie because I can’t see how anyone with any sense would have anything positive to say about this. (This is coming from someone who finds positive things to say about almost everything and can respect where the appeal of most stuff I dislike comes from.)

- Media telling me what I should feel at what time - Clannad isn’t the worst anime I have ever watched by a long shot, but it is probably the one which annoys me the most. The fact that Nagisa’s death (I’d say spoiler alert but it’s been 10 years and, as such, is your fault if you get spoiled) is put in there for the sole purpose of trying to make its viewer cry despite the fact that it is completely devoid of any real reason to make me want to feel even remotely sad. Canned laughter is the worst part of sitcoms because it is basically the show going “this is funny.” These attempts to manipulate me as a viewer just insult my intelligence and it really gets under my skin,

- Cringe humour - This is probably really out of left-field considering I’m a Brit, but this is painful rather than funny. As much as I think Miranda has plenty of funny stuff going on, I just can’t say that I like it in good concience because it just relies so heavily on deliberately making its viewer cringe. This is a common theme across British comedy that I fucking hate; watching something that is quite obviously going to go wrong is not a substitute for being funny, and I just can’t watch that kind of shit.

- Unbalance - You know Newton’s third law? "Every action must have an equal and opposite reaction." Well, if everything in my life doesn’t follow something similar to that it makes me extremely uncomfortable; if I have a scroller mouse, for instance, I need to move it out of the scrolling area and roll it back the same number of clicks that I scrolled down if I want the action to not feel incomplete and comfortable. The same goes for the number of steps I take on each foot during short journeys (<100 steps), with me being known to stop at doorways to step on the other foot before I walk through. I can’t stand having one earphone dead because it leaves a painful silence on one side but not the other (although I actually like this effect when it is deliberate within music, such as in the OST for the abandoned shopping mart where you catch Mimikyu in Pokemon SM). These are all things that most people don’t really feel that strongly about, but I really dislike these types of things to the point that I can’t realistically call it a mere pet peeve. The same happens when visual patterns are broken because they create an unbalance in what I am looking at—symmetry is lost, and as such I want to rip my hair out until it is fixed.

The next few are more pet peeves than bog-standard "things I dislike"

- "emotional" covers of songs being used in ads — Oh my GOD it pisses me off so much when I’m on the ad break on E4 or whatever and then a Lloyds TSB ad comes on and they have one of those stupid covers of a song which has a woman singing a somg slowly through their nose with just a series of pedal piano chords behind it like jesus christ why don’t these people understand that quite literally noone on the fucking planet thinks this sounds good or is persuaded to use their product because they see a fucking horse running in slow motion with this brand of ear rape behind it? It’s insulting to both my intelligence and my ears.

- ads about "family warmth" or which use "inspirational" speeches - these also insult my intelligence while not remotely helping to sell the product, and they also make the company look really fucking crappy, like dear fuck you’re a multi-million-pound organisation for christ sake don’t give me this shit.

- people who use generic as a standalone criticism - generic is a statement which has no inherent negative connotations attached to it. Explain why it’s bad contextually rather than using it as an excuse to reduce a score without elaboration.

- people who think death is inherently sad - there is nothing inherently sad about someone you don’t know or have any reason to care about dying; to link this back to earlier in my post, people who refer to Nagisa from Clannad dying in their "saddest anime scenes" really annoy me ‘cause that shit is one of the most unsad events I have ever seen in fiction because there is literally 0 reason to care that she is dead. I can extend this across a lot of other fictional and non-fictional contexts and the logic still applies; learn how to control your emotions to some remote degree or don’t tell me that something is sad.

• mushrooms
  • phone calls
  • having to interact with people when I'm not in the mood to do so
  • people who complain about "elitism" and by extension people who act like they know what they're talking about when they clearly don't
  • Kishimoto's inability to utilize interesting female characters (see my sig for the biggest example) - rereading Naruto right now so it's fresh on my mind
  • having someone else make decisions for me or anyone
  • people who are proud of never reading a book
  • large crowds (except concerts and sports events)
  • judging a person's intelligence based on their results in school
  • mixing alcohol with soft drinks
  • vodka (actually I think this is the other way around: vodka dislikes me)
  • unnecessary public displays of affection (yes, we get it, you're dating, nobody cares)
  • obnoxiously loud people
  • dill - since everyone is naming their least favorite vegetable, just the smell of it makes me dry heave
  • laws that ban smoking in pubs
  • expensive beer
  • being talked to while I'm trying to pee
  • Overwatch, garbage tier shooter for casuls
I think that's enough for now.

Last edited:
  • Most anime
  • People who play music in public without headphones on
  • People who say "Either accept me for who I am or go away"
  • Math
  • Mercy
  • Omar from my high school, cocky motherfucker that broke 3 iphone 6's in 3 months
  • Trash rap
  • Alcohol
  • Alcoholics
  • Gangs and gang members
  • Drugs
  • Comcast
  • Walmart
  • Ottoman Empire
  • Old poetry that I can't understand
  • Agree with the dude above, people who are proud of never reading a book
  • Onions
  • Cooked bell peppers

• Dogs and anything that resembles them. Frankly, "dislike" would be putting it lightly. VERY lightly. Long story short, a phobia literally no one, not even me, has any idea how it popped up.
  • Spicing that is not salt. Things like mayonaisse, onions, ketchup or oregan... I don't like them on food, I think it takes away the real flavor of what I'm eating. Heck, even bread, even though I like eating it alone.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
  • Seconding olives but my tolerance for them has improved over the years
  • People who talk to me at the gym to try and engage in casual discussion
  • Tomatoes and raw onions
  • The difficulty of Halo 2's Legendary Campaign
  • RU
  • Ice Cream Cake. Wtf is the point of this just get actual Ice Cream and Cake
  • American Cheese
  • People who play music without headphones on
  • Hot Dogs
A lot more but a good handful here.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
I have more
  • Galaxy/Unicorn/Birthday Cake/Cotton Candy "flavored" BS - Like you are paying extra for food dye, Birthday Cake anything is pretty much vanilla flavored, and Cotton Candy is literally just sugar????
  • Seconding American Cheese
  • People that talk in their native language in public (I'm bilingual fyi)
  • People that try to talk to me in the elevator or when I'm minding my own business
  • Raw Carrots
  • People who think they are cool or badass for not reading rules/regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)