Finals The World Cup of Pokémon 2017 - Finals [Won by Team USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine spending all your free time on here with your imaginary internet friends doing everything in your ability to develop a respectable persona, making countless contributions to the community, writing articles, hosting tournaments, etc...Smogon is pretty much your second home...and then suddenly, you get shot down and banned from participating in these prestigious tournament scene for a year, which incorporates doing all the things you love doing daily. Must be unbearable for users like rozes, bloo, etc.

Poor kids. I sincerely feel bad for them.
You won't believe this unusual trick I discovered to avoid such a fate:

DON'T CHEAT!

Seriously, it's hard to feel any sympathy for those people.

BTW, if anyone actually believes that we as a whole were ghosted thru this entire tournament then you're high off your arses. US West earned the majority of its wins and we deserved to be in semi finals, period.
i know i have no ties to wcop whatsoever but i've been following the drama and this is honestly such an empty statement. i don't necessarily disagree with anything you said before this, and it's entirely possible that you personally are innocent, but you can't get caught cheating even just once and then go around trying to validate previous wins by saying they were played fairly. noone should have any reason to believe anyone from a team that has literally just been caught breaking the rules and it's sad to see so many people blindly buying into this, regardless of whether it's true or not. your team cheated. you got caught doing it. suck it up. as a team, you don't "deserve" to be anywhere. west has obviously lost all credibility for this tour so please stop pretending you have a leg left to stand on.

not saying any of it is your fault, just stating facts.

Last edited:
Not necessarily a snake? Wait a second. This guy is such a fucking brat that he snitches on his team mates just to get revenge over "demoting him on PS main" or whatever bullshit it was. He was even willing to sabotage himself as long as they were ruined too. Although I'm personally only a lurker, it is not hard to see that many people invest significant time into this site and are emotionally attached to it. It brings a little happiness to their days and provides an escape when life gets rough. Just imagine having that ripped away with your reputation ruined, particularly in this fashion. It is devastating. Just know I am not defending those punished. But for some little fucker to take that away from them in the way he did is a disgrace in my opinion.
(Edit: Felt the need to bold this part so people don't get confused about the point of this post)

Cue the music ...

Last edited:
Not necessarily a snake? Wait a second. This guy is such a fucking brat that he snitches on his team mates just to get revenge over "demoting him on PS main" or whatever bullshit it was. He was even willing to sabotage himself as long as they were ruined too. Although I'm personally only a lurker, it is not hard to see that many people invest significant time into this site and are emotionally attached to it. It brings a little happiness to their days and provides an escape when life gets rough. Just imagine having that ripped away with your reputation ruined, particularly in this fashion. It is devastating. Just know I am not defending those punished. But for some little fucker to take that away from them in the way he did is a disgrace in my opinion.

Cue the music ...

do you know me

Cue the music ...

They willingly put their reputation at risk when they decided to cheat. No one forced them and what happened to them is the consequences of their actions. This fucking "the people who got caught ghosting are the victims" attitude in this thread is straight up stupid. Giving shit to the dude who helped the TDs and didn't pretend he wasn't involved (because you think you know why he did what he did), while playing off the fact that 3 other people, including a TD, got banned for cheating.

Let's make one thing clear, advantage didn't do this for the sake of justice, it was pre meditated and a deliberate attack on rozes. He thought Rozes had him demoted on ps main, which goes to show how far someone will go with ulterior motives. We watched you come on discord every day like a little snake slithering around to find dirt. We saw your shitty attempts to meme as a disguise and were duly noted. I in fact struggled with what to say about you in my s/o post because you're such a worthless degenerate. I know the feel of being dead weight thru my first SPL but never would I cross the people who let me on out of personal spite, and most importantly my friends. You took a lot out of context, not that the said users are innocent but you distorted a lot of what happened, and happily stood by it at the time. Also, good job getting buried in your own mess idiot, you clearly forgot you were in need of ghosting more then anyone.

BTW, if anyone actually believes that we as a whole were ghosted thru this entire tournament then you're high off your arses. US West earned the majority of its wins and we deserved to be in semi finals, period.
You are literally shown "giving your two cents" in the logs that got the other people banned and the west channel where everything happened got ~randomly~ deleted (before the TDs were even aware of what was going on, because someone leaked to you what advantage was considering doing). Post all the logs without "distortion", prove everyone you did nothing wrong and that West legitimately deserved to be in semis. Alternatively, feel free to keep pretending you have the moral highground here and that West achievements this year aren't completely tarnished.

They willingly put their reputation at risk when they decided to cheat. No one forced them and what happened to them is the consequences of their actions. This fucking "the people who got caught ghosting are the victims" attitude in this thread is straight up stupid. Giving shit to the dude who helped the TDs and didn't pretend he wasn't involved (because you think you know why he did what he did), while playing off the fact that 3 other people, including a TD, got banned for cheating.

Yes I am sympathizing with them, but I am not defending their actions or disagreeing with their punishments. He obviously didn't do what he did for justice because if he cared about that he wouldn't of cheated himself. From now, please try to comprehend what you read before you reply.

Yes I am sympathizing with them, but I am not defending their actions or disagreeing with their punishments. He obviously didn't do what he did for justice because if he cared about that he wouldn't of cheated himself. From now, please try to comprehend what you read before you reply.
lmao u have this "snitches get stitches" attitude throughout ur whole post and he called you out for it. grow up and learn that regardless of the motivation behind advantage's actions you don't sympathize with people who break the rules and cheat. that destroys the competitiveness and any integrity that's left in the game. take it from someone like me who has screwed with both of those things, I didn't deserve sympathy and neither do they

anyway im sorry for posting a few times about this :( go east and good job Europe you're underdogs and regardless of whether you win it will certainly be a run that won't be forgotten!

I didn't say you were defending them once, just that your post and general attitude was stupid. Sympathizing with the people who decided to cheat and now have to deal with consequences of their acts, while shitting on the only of them who decided to come clean because you believe everything people tell you; that's why your post is garbage.

And just so you know, the logs predate the demotion. So either advantage doesn't know how PS staff works (despite being staff for longer than you have been on this forum) and can see the future, or the demotion wasn't the reason why he did it. I guess it's a 50-50.

I think its just that we have different outlooks on life. People make mistakes and to have a sympathetic response to their resulting unfortunate situation is not bad. The way I see it is that the effect of the bans on these people, far outweighs the "evil" of their actions. At the end of the day it is just a fun/stupid game which is why I have never understood the way in which some of you guys go about posting during times like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)