The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion

Captain : Cristal
Co-captain : Zephir

ORAS : boudouche
ORAS : GeeMick
ORAS : Mounts
ORAS : Reymedy
ORAS : Welli0u
BW : Evuelf
DPP : McMeghan
ADV : Ojama
GSC : giara
RBY : Peasounay

Substitutes : Agammemnon, cdumas, Cicada, Go10, Scythe.

Mascot: RickyGao
Cheerleader : Mentagrill
Team France: 6.5/10

I always do my best to stay unbiased when rating teams and players; however, any team that McMeghan is on I will always know is good enough to be at least a 5/10. I feel like Oglemi holding a lollipop when I say things like that, if you know what I'm getting at. With McM and Ojama, France has an almost guaranteed 2 wins every week, assuming this team makes it out of Round 1. Their ORAS lineup is stacked with good players from boudouche to WelliOu; they'll surely win against the lesser ORAS players from Canada and Spain. Against the WhiteQueen, the Germans, ABR, etc they really don't stand much of a chance. France will end the preseason at the number 9 or 8 seed.

Team France: 6.5/10

I always do my best to stay unbiased when rating teams and players; however, any team that McMeghan is on I will always know is good enough to be at least a 5/10. I feel like Oglemi holding a lollipop when I say things like that, if you know what I'm getting at. With McM and Ojama, France has an almost guaranteed 2 wins every week, assuming this team makes it out of Round 1. Their ORAS lineup is stacked with good players from boudouche to WelliOu; they'll surely win against the lesser ORAS players from Canada and Spain. Against the WhiteQueen, the Germans, ABR, etc they really don't stand much of a chance. France will end the preseason at the number 9 or 8 seed.
He talks too much, probably because his love life is very boring. He tries to replace his irl relationships with e-relations, uses his yellow trophy as a dildo, in fact, it may already be brown. I think he is the biggest bottom I have ever met. 4.98 / 10

Edit: An exclusive image of how the trophy looks like now:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
He talks too much, probably because his love life is very boring. He tries to replace his irl relationships with e-relations, uses his yellow trophy as a dildo, in fact, it may already be brown. I think he is the biggest bottom I have ever met. 4.98 / 10
Anyone that knows how to use the word "bottom" correctly in a sentence is a legit homosexual. Mods, expose him pls.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bottom

P.S. I had to look it up...

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
Looks like East is going to have another wcop championship under its belt, it would have been guaranteed if they picked me up, but I guess they had to give the other regions a chance #USEAST
Do you want my spot on team Asia? I'd willingly give it to ya. See how nice I am to you? Why did you call me out earlier today when I have been nothing but super nice to you?

Luigi. I'll give Brazil a thorough rate tomorrow. Busy at the moment making $$$.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
Holy shit. That panda looks like it wanna fuck you up, yet has the whole Buddha-like yen Asian calmness to it at the same time. Hard to describe. Bummer did an excellent job.

Thank god we removed that gay arcanine and ice cream thing. MoP has bad taste in banners.

Pokémon Showdown Username(s): rozes
Tiers: oras / bw
Country / State of Residence (Strong elegibility): west

mithril for captain

JOIN #USWEST FOR TRYOUTS
Pokemon Showdown U
One year ago, team Usa East took home the title, after defeating team Spain. Today, we begin a new quest to determine which of our fiercely competitive nations will outlast all the others in a tournament like no other.

Everything on-site will be ready to go soon, and before we move into the details of this years tournament, you may want to check out the following:
Make sure you read through and understand all of the rulings listed below, as well as all of the general tournament rules.

Registration

The system utilized last year worked well, so we will be using it again. We will not be releasing a list of teams prior to signups; instead, we will allow people to sign up, and then base teams off of who signed up and for what. This allows us to ensure that the teams list is representative of the signups, and that there will be a good balance in the tournament. Ultimately, we don't expect too much deviation from last years team list, but it could happen.

To sign up for this tournament, use the following format: If you do not sign up in this manner, we will delete your post.

Pokémon Showdown Username(s): The nickname you use in Pokemon Showdown.

Tiers: The tiers you want to play (RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, BW, XY).

Country / State of Residence: You are currently living in that country/region.

Other Eligibility: If you are elegible for any other region (look at elegibility rules).

Team Captains

Team Captains will be responsible for assembling the roster, promoting the tournament through their team through IRC or other means, ensuring their team is completing battles and subbing battlers in and out as necessary. If there is an issue with a team we will approach the captain to resolve it. Include with your sign up post whether you would like to be considered to be a Captain. One week today, June 4, 2016, we will announce the final team list and the Captains for each team.

If you are relatively new or not known well by me, you probably should avoid signing up for captain. We have given some relatively new players captaincy in the past and it has had some pretty poor results, so we will be sticking to our veterans that we know and trust. Being captain has nothing to do with your skill, it is all about leadership and trustworthiness. The captain is not required to actually battle in the tournament.

Format

This year's World Cup will continue with the same format than last year. This format best combines the individual and team aspect of the World Cup.

5 ORAS OU, 1 BW OU, 1 DPP OU, 1 ADV OU, 1 GSC OU, 1 RBY OU (Bo3)
1 Captain, 1 Co-Captain maximum, 5 Substitutes
(equals to maximum 17 players/team, including 10 starters + 5 subs + 1 captain + 1 co-captain)
Note that captains and co-captain cannot play unless they are also included as a starter or as a sub, so only 15 players can play.

Team Formation

After captains have been announced, there will be another one week period in which the captains have to hold tryouts / scout users to assemble their team. This will be the time period where the most activity is required from the captain, an ideal candidate would be on IRC every day and getting the opinion of well respected members of their team on potential roster spots.

Final rosters are to be submitted on or before June 11th, 2016. All rosters should include the team name, captain name, starting 10 players and 5 subs as well as the team flag. The captain does not have to be on the playing roster at all. We understand that two weeks is a long time to wait before the start of Round 1, but please take advantage of this time. It is to be used to form the roster, make teams together, test those teams, etc. By the start of Round 1, all teams should be at the top of their game. Don't just sit around until the first round starts and then start training.

You are allowed up to 1 non playing assistant captains.

We acknowledge that certain people don't perform as expected, so you are allowed to replace 1 assistant captain with another during the tournament if you feel either of your choices haven't performed as expected.

Flags

Our wonderful artists all worked very hard on the flags last year, and we would like to maintain continuity by keeping them. If a new team is made, or you seriously don't like your flag, it's the team's / captain's responsibility to contact artists. We encourage you to wear these flags with pride!

Simulator

Pokemon Showdown is the main simulator, but Pokemon Online can be used if both players agree.

IRC

IRC is a major part of this tournament. You may be left behind on a lot of the community aspect of the tournament if you don't use it, so don't miss out! Join us in #wcop on SynIRC (irc.synirc.net) for continuous World Cup of Pokemon chat. This channel will make it easy to find your opponents and discuss the tournament. If you have a problem connecting to IRC, please refer to this page for instructions on how to get there. If you still can not connect, the easiest way to do so is by using mibbit.

Further, each team is encouraged to create their own IRC channel for team use. If you want to try out for a team, it is a good idea to sign onto their channel and get to know everyone there. These channels are the heart of this tournament (and an endless source of entertainment!).

About new teams

If there are new teams wanting to join Wcop, they will have a chance to play in the Wcop.
In the case all 16 teams that played in the last wcop want to join this one, then the team that ended last will have to defend his spot in the wcop.
If more than 1 new team want to join, then there will be a small playoff between the new teams, and the winner of that playoff will be the team that gets the chance of getting a spot in wcop.
The format of these games will be a bo3: 1 ORAS game, and 1 tier chosen by each team (which could be ORAS again)

Not every new team will be accepted.

Conclusion

Alright, with all that out of the way, we expect a great tournament this year. Let the World Cup of Pokémon XI begin!
Pokemon Showdown Username: catchinfades

Tiers: ORAS OU

Country / State of Residence: West

TadaRinri

Banned deucer.
Pokémon Showdown Username(s): LuluLamperouge
Tiers: ORAS OU, BW OU, DPP OU , ADV OU
Country / State of Residence: Greece

WhiteQueen

the queen bee

Temporary flag by dekzeh

MANAGER: HANTSUKI
ASSISTANT MANAGER: royal flush

STARTING 10
ORAS: Nintendi
ORAS: Havor
ORAS: Disenchanted
ORAS: Destiny Device
ORAS: lighthouses
BW: KratosMana
DPP: Luigi.
ADV: dekzeh
GSC: Tamahome
RBY: Tiba

SUBSTITUTES
Hec
Ren-chon
Eternal Spirit
HANTSUKI
Danilo

FREE YAN SOGEKING
Team Brazil: 4/10

Brazil is about as good as Spain, which isn't good at all. Their ORAS lineup is...average. Destiny Device is probably Brazil's best ORAS player, but he's not elite good. Unlike his peers, he's stuck at level three and is unable to mega evolve. Yeah I get Nintendo just made it to the finals of OST. I'm confident I can beat him using an all UU squad, that's how good I think he is from what I've seen. Matter of fact, I'll use an UU squad and win against him if he gets unluckily paired up against me. The rest of the spots are shaky at best, with only one solid spot in ADV with dekzeh holding down the fort. Luigi in DPP instead of Tamahome? Lol. No doubt he'll end up playing another tier next year because there's no way Brazil is coming out of round 1 this wcop for him to play anything else.

Dont shoot the messenger. The WhiteQueen is only keeping it realest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)