The World Cup of Pokémon X - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rip the dream. At least we tried and Central has never been this good. Whatever, at least the undefeated playoff streak is now 6-0 and I can brag about being undefeated in WCOP, jaja

Thanks for the shoutout Cased

For the record, I have been playing DPP OU since Deoxys-S test on shoddy (2007 / 2008 idr). I just needed some time to get rid of the rust.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
gonna pull a zebrock for my team, haha...
..except a couple things! toshilemonhead and m2h were incredibly helpful all season long despite getting shafted by the loss of a second assman and just generally not enough space on the team, and they both deserve their own shoutouts for continuing to be fantastic despite not even being on the team.
toshilemonhead.jpg
A very proud Azumarill to serve for a wonderful captain.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
U.S. Central was a coherent unit. They played hard and played together. They umm "took the tragic and turned it into magic." Really surprised the entire community by doing as well as they did and converted some naysayers into fans. Entering the season, Finchinator, Zebraiken, and Laurel were their most well known and accomplished players. The rest of the team was either unknown, unproven, or leaders of some irrelevant tiers that have nothing to do with WCoP. Did anyone really think Central would even advance into the playoffs, let alone almost winning this series? The answer is a resounding NO. Will Central regroup next year and try to pick up where they left off?

Asia was a team full of primadonnas and great players from 10 years ago. Many of the players on this team naturally exuded the "I'm better than you" vibe. They believed they would win easily no matter who they were up against. The overconfidence and lack of preparation really did this team in good. MoP was worn out having to build teams for everyone. Bless his soul. At this point, it is difficult to think some of the Asian players returning next year to have another go at a blue trophy. Whether there will be a Team Asia next year or not is also another question up in the air.

France. Not really sure what happened. They didn't have any personality as a unit, so it was difficult to tell what this team was all about. Every team must have an identity, and this team seriously lacked one despite having many good to great players on their squad. Central was the Cinderella of this WCoP. Asia was the WhiteQueen squad. France was...the MoleMen Group? Will they develop a real identity next year and play to their full potential for once?

Lots of unanswered questions for next year's WCoP. Canada will still be Canada. Many LA players will migrate to Brazil, while U.S. West will do their best to lie about certain LA players' eligibility in order to obtain them. With that said, I'm rooting for dice and his Mexican squad to advance to the next round.

This is probably my last recap of the 2015 WCoP. I'm gonna end it on a positive note:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)