The World Cup of Pokémon 2023 - Semifinals [TB @ post #63]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing Words to my Team and the Tour in General:
It was a fucking blast of joy and emotions, my Team can approve how close this tour went to my nerves. In a good and negative way. I really really wanted to win this with you my beloved Team. I hope I also could make your Time a little nicer as a "third manager" and despite my records I tried my best helping otherwise. It still hurts a lot coming this far just to loose, I wont suggarcoat it, but regardless I wanted to honour everyone of the Team who did their part on this journey with some shoutouts.
Ich bin stolz, wie weit ihr gekommen seid. Lasst uns hier nicht enden, sondern immer und wieder zsm und einzeln gewinnern <3

mind gaming
Only thanks to you this Team came to live. It was a tough task to build this Team in the first Place. I remember you fearing we don't have enough players with all the boomers (who is xray again) and u legeit thought we would end up relegating. But here we are, made it all the way to semis tb. Without u, this journey never started in the first place. The Team overcame many hardships with u, not only building minutes literally bevor the game started or the minute it was scheduled, also internet crisis, team spirit and most importantly birds. No big secret that I am happy u did this for the Team so lets give you some day more trophies you more than deserve.

MichaelderBeste2
We overcame our hussle and with the start of the tour u become more and more active, carrying all our asses in quarters with Suggestions. Not to mention u going with a nearly perfect run. U was very important for our spirit in the tour and it was a pleasure having you. U proved urself one of the best in SV's and more than redeemed SPL. Now if u coudln't win this worlds, win the vgc one instead

Fogbound Lake
FOG U AND UR TIMER, u gave us 1000 heartattacks. The Fog Difference carried us in round 1 despite some fog moments in this games u was from result wise our 3rd best player. Glad that we bonded more and more during the tour and in general. With some more motivation to OU, you can easily become one of the best if u desire so. You got this in Ubers and CAP tho. fog out

Sylveon used calm mind
Beside sharing similarity with our pokemonshowdown names, we are indeed different person. Despite you being often confused in a "Otto" Way in the Discord, the "heat" strats was in retropectrive always nice to see, unless we did not have a team but had 50 Storm Zone likely Sets. Thanks for stepping up when we needed u the most. Maybe one day we found more about you out but it was nice that atleast u started muted to join the voice, you are and was always welcome in our hood. Now win world cup or random battles to make yourself proud

Ewin
You was a last second pick up to get u on the Team since ur Ban actually ran out. We didn't hesitate long and took you on the journey and ur personal grind with ur prep alone is impressive to see. Despite not best results, you worked your ass off for the others as well and proved to be a very good teammate in my opinion. Now I can say proudly you was one of the best last second addition we could have asked for.

QWILY
You were one of the first when we started building this Team and for good reasons. We believed that u r already an established good player but ur journey doesn't stop there. You have much more to archieve on your way and was with ur buddy Ewin a great duo to have around and u as well a great person on the roster for help, voice and practise. Next official is yours, but first let us win mpl together

xdRudi.exe
Coming both from draft I have known you for a longer time, I knew u had potential. Not only I, but also mind and michael had trust in u that u gonna pop off, without ur win vs roro we would have not been here and getting t1 your fitst kill in your debut with opponent tera is just a crazy beginning on your journey. If you wish, you have a bright future in OU and a lot of potential to unleash. You are quite young but with your fearless attitude you will conquer them all

Achimoo
Your motivation for the Game is unmatched, even getting approval by mind himself after him nearly being the reason you not being on the roster is crazy. Dont worry about ur record, you did well for the Team with cand we trusted u for good reasons. If u continue with that passion you write your own story sooner or later. Nice to hear about ur new swifties friends, hope smogon will have a warm place for u.

Trickster7
I personally vouched for u a lot and unfortunally we could have given u only one game. You are a very nice, calm guy who is just solid. Keep it up, never to old to start smashin some kids on the internet. Also the most favourite person on the squad according to german players so we stratgecially hided u as our weapon for next wcop u starting and going undefeated. Honestly, you are just cool

Glurakaiser
Undesputed SM Legend himself. Despite having no game you was beneficial for ur team, always seeking for a group activity within mons and variety. thanks for always keeping pushing even on the bench. A true and only warrior you are, even in rusty form the goat

Medeia
Despite personal circumstainces we dont regret you putting u in on the roster. You tried to be there and for example played with me a lot of tests I am thankfull for. If things settle for you, you can truly unlock yourself and nothing will stop u from there.

Nat njnp
Thanks for supporting our Ace mind gaming with prep, it wasn't long u joined as helper but it was ncie to have you, thanks!

Shiox qways cripwalk on sunday
Thanks for being guests with some help here and there, you are cool!

To all the former German WCOP Players
Thanks for believing in us. We have a long way to go to finally bring us the more deserved trophy Germany should have. We will make a great new Generation of fresh and more known German Talents. Pls continue to support us. Next Year, shall be ours, you are also free to start play SV ;)

CrashinBoomBang
thanks for supporting and believing in me. your words and just general talked helped me to believe and was much appreciated, ziege

Luirromen
thanks for helping me build some Teams, your input was very long and nothing far from simple, next tour is yours!

Garay oak London Beats
Last but not least my dear friends. Thanks for pushing me and helping me time to time with Teams and talking about the Meta. You are awesome! pweading

Since we are out,
rooting for Spains since I wanna see Garay oak, London Beats win their deserved trophy. Also for the rest of Spain good luck! VAMOS !

mind gaming

is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Sad we lost the tour but I'm happy we managed to gather enough players to form a team and achieve my personal goal of not getting into relegation. Grateful to everyone who joined us and made this amazing run possible. Since I'm not really the person to give long speeches I won't be giving you all individual shoutouts of how well you have played. If you are interested in that open a replay and make your own judgement. However I do feel obligated to give shoutouts to those whose help can not be seen by just watching the replays and therefore might otherwise go unnoticed.

MichaelderBeste2 I've known you for the longest time and can definitely say there is no one I would rather form a Team with than you. I'm also mostly happy with the roster we ended up deciding on. Your immense help in teambuilding and generally just checking up every team we loaded for errors or possible improvements is immeasurable.

Sylvi You've been there with me and michi right from the start when we decided to form a team and were involved in all of the roster planning. To me you've been like a co manager handling most of the server settings and giving motivational speeches. Your activity also exceeds everyone else's and has definitely kept prep alive. Even if no one else replies there is always a sylvi who will speak his mind.

Achimooooo Our other activity monster and the only one who can match sylvi. I'm really glad my 2 trusted co managers talked me into giving you the roster slot. Not everyone might agree with the decision to have you start in play offs however I do strongly believe you deserved to play with how much time you've put in the tour and how much improvement you've shown over the course of the tour.

Nat Can obviously not do a shoutout without mentioning my trusted prep partner the goodle who keeps up with all the stupid ideas I have and helps me optimize them.

njnp You were my more skeptical prep partner who would tell me whenever something I build is absolute nonsense and doesn't pass the njnp test.

TPP I'm really thankful to you for giving me your ideas you had in this tour so I could use them as inspiration for the teams I build. I failed you tho with dropping fire spin on the volcanion.

qways Glad you stuck around and shared your teams even tho you didn't make it into the final roster. Hope to see you around in future tours.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day. :blobnom:

Still sad to see us out of the tour, but looking back it was a really amazing journey. As it was my first ever tour there isn't anything I can compare it to, but I'll try my best to find some words.
Over the last few months I got the chance to play alongside some of the greatest players this community has to offer and gathered a lot of knowledge (and o's mind gaming).

as my english is rusty as hell, I want to keep this as short as possible and just want to lose a few words to some people.

mind gaming There can't be another player to start with. I got to know you about a year ago and when we first talked I would never have guessed how much of an impact you would have on my mons "career". Im genuinely thankful for how much time you've spent playing games with me and that you still answer to every single stupid question and build proposal I have. Playing with you is always a blast and I hope this has only been the start.

MichaelderBeste2 One of the guys that talked my biggest hater into letting me on the roster. Everytime we're talking about mons im still amazed of how incredibly fast and logical you think through entire game paths. You're really one of the overall greatest players this game has to offer and especially over the last few weeks if had a really fun time with you. And as we're out now I got even more time to spectate you at worlds lol.

Sylvi The other half that tricked mind to let me play. I don't think we would've gotten that far into the tourney if it wasn't for your continuous activity on the server. Thank you for always being there if someone needed anything and providing the team with the needed motivation. I've never seen anyone putting that much effort into anything at all and I think you'll achieve a lot in future tours.

I enjoyed playing with every single other member of the team aswell and seeing everyone work so well together without a single conflict appearing was a wholesome experience. Even though I started 0-2 I think everyone has to start somewhere and I'll try my best to improve for future tours.

Thanks for reading my first ever post and have a nice day~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)