ORAS OU The Vol-Killers (Bulky Offense Team)

> The Vol-Killers <
310-mega.gif
212.gif
121.gif
697.gif
242.gif
490.gif

Introduction

Hello, hello, hello! Does Volcanion ruin your life? Do you need a solution? Try this bulky Offense team, starring M-Mane! Alright, let's get started.

The Squad

310-mega.gif

Zinogre (Manectric-Mega) (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Standard Volcanion murderer. Runs the same moveset EVERY M-Manectric runs, so it's really two-dimensional, but darn good at what he does. Fun fact, when making this team, I was looking at Volcanion's Checks and Counters and saw "Electric types" and immediately knew to build a team around my boi Zinogre.

212.gif

Run With Me (Scizor) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- U-turn

For this slot, I picked something that ordinarily got murdered by Volc, and Scizor fits the bill. Its one weakness helps too, considering there's a LOT of stuff here that resists fire, and it can come in to save the squad whenever necessary. Unless it's dead that is.

121.gif

I.M. The Star (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

The typical hazard support every team needs, Starmie also helps with Scizor's fire weakness and M-Mane's ground weakness. (Trust me, this isn't the first time we'll be mentioning the former.) You can pick either/or for the last slot, depending on what YOU need to beat.

697.gif

T. Rex (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

This set is a bit of an oddball for me personally, since I prefer the ScarfSmash set. Back to why this thing is on the squad. It's ANOTHER fire resist (We got one more of those coming up), but this thing hits like an atom bomb, ESPECIALLY with recoil less Head Smashes. Plus, I wanted a lower tier Pokemon that could wreck house if unprepared for. Also, this is a handy Electric resist.

242.gif

The Egg Layer (Blissey) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

PSYCHE! You thought this was going to be a fire resist! The older sister of everyone's (least) favorite OU pink blob that will not die, Blissey is mainly a Wish-passing cleric, able to pass a whopping 357 HP to her teammates, fully healing up everybody but the next Pokemon! The main reason I picked Blissey over Chansey is 1. it has 5 more HP to heal its teammates to its maximum capability, 2. it doesn't get absolutely crippled by Knock Off, and 3. it has a whole 5 more defense to take physical hits! Everybody using it loves SR, and Seismic toss and Flamethrower are so it can have SOME offensive presence.

490.gif

Adorabliss (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball/Dazzling Gleam/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam/Energy Ball/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball

By far the cutest Mythical Pokemon, Manaphy is our final fire resist (Yay Scizor!) and an absolute MONSTER if you underestimate its cute looks. Obvious Tail Glow and Scald are obvious, and, like Starmie, you can tweak the final two slots to your liking or depending on what YOU need to beat.
Conclusion

Well, that's it! Please tell me what you thought of the squad, and also let me know how many Volcanions you've killed with it. I'd like to hear.

Importable
Zinogre (Manectric-Mega) (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Run With Me (Scizor) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- U-turn

I.M. The Star (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Ice Beam

T. Rex (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

The Egg Layer (Blissey) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Adorabliss (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hey man this team looks really fun, however you can improve it a bit more. Ive notice your team is fully dedicated to gain momentum with the volt turn core into Mana or Tyrantrum but then Blissey just kill the whole momentum going, so id like to give some suggestion:
  • first put Lighning rod as ability on mega man, so before you mega evolve can gain a +1 spa boost on a predicted electric type move.
  • then change scizor to Choice Band and replace Superpower>Aerial ace. Uturn already does a ton to grass types so isnt necessary to run Aerial ace, with a CB you not only hit harder but also gain a strong priority.
  • next make starmie bulkyer, i leave set down below.
  • Change Clef > Blissey, clef helps with physical attackers while also setup stealth rocks.
  • and last make Jolly>adamant on tyrantrum, you really need the speed after a DD.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off / thunder wave

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- psyshock
hope i help u and gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)