The Swaggy Dancer and The Bearded Icicle (peaked 1503)

Hi guys,here's DBasso and today i'm here to show you my newest RU team,in these days i got pretty bored of OU so i decided to play RU and i built this team that seems work pretty well.

TEAM AT A GLANCE:

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS:

I decided to start building from Scrafty DDance and Mega Glalie,which is one of the most powerful offensive mons in the tier.

Scarfty and Glalie are really weak to Fight types like Hitmonlee so i decided to put Weezing to counter that it also provides to spam Will-O-Wisp on them.

Lanturn is here check jolteon which is really annoying for my team and provides to cure possible Burns on Glalie and also can burn with Scald.

I looked at my team and i needed something for spin away the hazards so i decided to put in Hitmontop which can weak physical attacker with Intimidate and also threat Scrafty with STABbed Close Combat.

In the end i needed something for Fairies and Venusaur so i thought Registeel was the best mon due to his typing and can also set up rocks.

THE SETS:

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head

Pretty standard Scrafty DDancer, i honestly prefer adamant nature > jolly because allows my Swaggy Scrafty to hit very hard,iron head is here to destroy Diancie after a dance and Drain Punch allows Scrafty to recover as much HP as possible from pokemon like Alomomola while setupping.

Glalie-Mega (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Frustration
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake

Standard Glalie-Mega set,this bearded icicle hits really hard and Freeze-Dry allows to hit hard bulky water mons like Alomomola and Blastoise and with Ice Shard can OHKO Flygon,Earthquake is here to hit pretty hard Diancie and Registeel

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clear Smog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower

This levitating farting ball can clear boosts with Clear Smog and spam Will-O-Wisp,Pain Split is here as recovery and Flamethrower hits Steel type mons like Escavalier and also gives to the team a Ground immunity.

Lanturn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 192 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Standard Lanturn,good pivot,with Volt Switch can take momentum and Scald is simply the best move in the game :],Toxic puts on a timer the opponent's mon and Heal Bell can save Glalie from burn or para.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- Foresight

Now we have Hitmontop,i never used this mon but i appreciated how he can spin away hazards and threat every Dark type mon with Close Combat,i prefered to put Sucker Punch > Toxic just to hit pretty hard Delphox...Foresight is here to allow Hitmontop to spin away hazards and hit Ghost type mon.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur and Fairies were really threatning and i needed a rocker so Registeel was the best answer,really fat can also spam Thunder Wave and try to paraflinch with Iron Head,Seismic Toss is here to do cheap damage to every pokemon.
Threats:

Rotom-Mow can be really annoying to deal with due to his powerful Leaf Storm that can threat Lanturn and can take momentum with Volt Switch on Registeel.

Jolteon is really powerful and once Lanturn is gone can do a really good amount of damage to whole my team.

Band Emboar can spam Flare Blitz which can do a really good amount of damage,it can 2HKOs Hitmontop

IMPORTABLE :
Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head

Glalie-Mega (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Frustration
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower

Lanturn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 192 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- Foresight

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave​

Special thanks to my boy Shanu.​

Attachments

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Hi, this is a pretty weird team but I like it when people use stuff that's not RU.
Changes I really reccomend

>

This first change handles pretty much your threat list while keeping the important hazard removing aspect to your team. It also helps with your bad speed control and matchups versus Delphox. It also smacks Garbodor which could be troublesome for Scrafty. Also Hitmontop doesn't contribute much to your team defensively and in general isn't very good in the current metagame.
Flygon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Defog

If you drop your speed IVs to 26 you can underspeed Mola oo

Optional
I notice your team can be really stripped for a win con especially since your RegiMola breaker has to deal with Granbull, a common Pokemon on those teams so I think you should have a secondary win con and with my changes I think you can do just that.

Curse > SpDef
Since your team can fare well against Pokemon that Curse Registeel fails to beat I think its a pretty acceptable win con here since it also lets you keep all your important resistances. This serves as a more bulkier win con that can also break apart RegiMola teams. Also you struggle with Braviary which this also helps versus
Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Toxic / Sleep Talk
Toxic helps with Alomomola one on one better but if you feel like you have a comfortable enough time KOing it (lol) or crippling it with a Toxic Sleep Talk would be better.

>

IF you change Registeel's set AND if you feel like you are desperate for Stealth Rock on this team, then Uxie makes a fine replacement since it is still capable of being a Fighting resist and Venusaur check like Weezing. In the end I'm not sure how you want to go about this but I could see either one working so try to test them both out.
Uxie @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Yawn / Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Good Luck!

I like this team a lot and I also built a team around scrafty. They way your scrafty is set up though is confusing. Shed skin Scrafty should have rest in order to take full advantage of shed skin. I personally run Moxie on my Scrafty and it works really well. my set looks like this:
Scrafty @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
With this set up you just have to DD until you are faster, then using drain punch will more than make up for the life orb damage. Iron Head to hit fairies hard and after a few boosts from DD and/or Moxie you dont need STAB to OHKO them. I actually ran crunch for the extra power until recently so that is an option of knock off but I prefer Knock Off for the utility and once boosted it still packs a punch. Moxie is great because once you start the sweep you just become more and more of a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)