Playoffs The Smogon Classic II - Playoffs - Finals [Won by -Tsunami-]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Thanks again to MiniArchitect for the logo!
Welcome to the Playoffs of the Smogon Classic, where our Top 12 performers will battle it out for the coveted Rainbow White Trophy
Let's also take a moment to thank all the people who dedicated their time to hosting this season once again. I'd also like to give a shout-out to Sapientia and Malekith for updating the points sheet for me.

Each series will be Bo5 with the higher seed choosing which one of the 5 Classics tiers is played first. The remaining games will use the standard "loser picks next" deciding order.

Seed ties were determined by allowing the players the option to play or calculate w/l ratios. Players from the 5th and 7th seed tiebreak declined to play and go by w/l ratio. Seeds were then determined by w/l ratio.

Tie-Breaker for 12th seed
teal6 vs Mael [ADV, RBY, GSC, DPP, BW]
Mael vs hellpowna [GSC, RBY, DPP, BW]
hellpowna vs teal6 [RBY, ADV, DPP, GSC, BW]

Tie-breaker for the 12th seed is a Best of 5 match, one of each generation. Deadline is Monday, June 13th. Player listed on the left chooses first generation.

Tie-Breaker for 12th seed - Round 2
teal6
vs Mael [RBY, GSC, DPP]
Mael vs hellpowna
hellpowna vs teal6 [ADV, RBY, GSC]

Tie-breaker for the 12th seed is a Best of 5 match, one of each generation. Deadline is Wednesday, June 15th. Player listed on the left chooses first generation.

As a clarification in the points, teal6 should have 17 points due to getting a bye and then losing the next round, thereby not getting the points he would have received from the bye if he won the next round. It's the best way to balance getting to the next round essentially for free.

Round 1

Round 1 byes:

[RBY, GSC, BW]

[BW, DPP, RBY, GSC, ADV]

[RBY, DPP, ADV, BW]

[RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP]

Deadline for completing Round 1 matches will be Sunday, June 19th.

Round 2

[DPP, RBY, BW]

[BW, RBY, ADV, DPP]

[GSC, RBY, BW, ADV, DPP]

[RBY, ADV, DPP, GSC, BW]

Deadline for completing Round 2 matches will be Wednesday, June 29th.

Semi-Finals

[GSC, RBY, DPP, ADV, BW]

[GSC, RBY, ADV, BW, DPP]

Deadline for completing the Semi-Finals match will be Saturday, July 9th.

Final

9. Tesung vs. 7. -Tsunami-
[RBY, DPP, ADV, BW]
No deadline​

Last edited:
mael to win the tiebreaker, then

5. dEnIsSsS vs 12. Mael
6. Fakes vs 11. M Dragon
7. -Tsunami- vs 10. boudouche
8. Ciele vs 9. Tesung

any winner of the last three pairings would be a great winner, so some very close matches to look forward too

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
losing those points was rough, but the fact that i still have a fighting chance means i will make the absolute most of it.

to my opponents, all 14 of you, many of whom have helped me test and prepare for months now in this and other tournaments, be ready because i'm going to play better than i ever have before.

many deserving winners, may the best man take it home.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
teal6 vs denissssssssssssssssssssss (rby, adv, dpp)
fakes vs m dragon (gsc, adv, bw)
shake vs doucher (rby, gsc, bw)
ciele vs t (rby, adv, dpp)

giara vs t (rby, dpp, bw)
shoka vs shake (rby, gsc, dpp)
alex vs m dragon (rby, dpp, bw)
w3k vs teal6 (rby, adv, bw)

t vs teal6 (gsc, dpp, bw)
alex vs shake (rby, gsc, adv)

t vs alex (gsc, dpp, bw)

I was looking forward to potentially playing M Dragon in quarterfinals, so now I'm a little sad.

Really nice artwork though, great job Boudouche!

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well, to be honest i think we have a really really short time to get it, we we are 3, that means we have to fight 2 times.
Since this is the week-end, i can be on only on Sunday from 11.30 am to 13.30( gmt +2) and prolly in the afternoon, not sure when.
Im really glad to play against my bro Tael and Mael, both great battlers(the second one is my mate for wcop).
So i will both fight you at the time i said(if possible), and whenever it will not possible to get it for my opps, id like to ask an-exstension to make it. Im pretty sure we can make it asap coz we have the same gmt(i guess).
So i hope to fight Mael and teal6 on sunday, or next week(if possible)
Thx and gl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)