ORAS Doubles OU The Power Of Moo

The Power Of Moo | Presented by AllAttack

PREFACE

So this is my first Doubles OU RMT. I'm AllAttack, a voice from Competitive Tutoring, and this is my team. I decided to build around Mew because it has a very good yet fun movepool (highlights are Ally Switch and Transform) and nice utility. I made a Hyper Offensive team, with fast, powerful Pokemon. Without further ado, here it is:​

TEAM

TEAM ASSEMBLY

So I started with the core of Mew + Azumarill. Azumarill needs a lot of support but it can be threatening when it sets up. Mew provides Fake Out helping it set up, and Transform is just very fun with it.

Next I added Mega Kangaskhan. This is probably the best Pokemon in the metagame, and it provides more Fake Out for Azumarill. Also, a Mew transforming into it is a huge threat, and it provides more priority.

Thundurus was my next option. It provided some speed control with Thunder Wave and Taunt stopped things like Cresselia setting up Calm Mind and Trick Room.

Shaymin-Sky provided me with a very fast Pokemon, which I needed. With Air Slash + Serene Grace, it gives Azumarill even more chance of setting up, and it just has great power by itself.

I lacked spread moves at this point and Landorus-T was such a good option. It spreads Intimidate, scouts and gets chip damage and is just a fantastic Pokemon in this metagame.

DETAILED ANALYSIS

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Ally Switch
- Tailwind

I started my team around Mew. It is quite unique with such an expansive movepool and I tried to utilize this movepool as best as I could. Fake Out allows Mew to flinch Pokemon for free, and possibly cause them to Protect. Transform is the main point of my set, allowing Mew to transform into one of my threats, or even one of theirs. Ally Switch lets me play a lot of mindgames and it's a fun move in general, while Tailwind provides the team with Speed Control. The speed lets me Fake Out before other Fake Outers, and the only stat not copied from Transform is HP, so I put the rest of the EVs there.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Azumarill was the main partner for Mew. It is insanely powerful after a Belly Drum, and that is the main point of the set, Belly Drum lets Azumarill get +6, and the Sitrus Berry recovers health. Aqua Jet provides essential priority for Azumarill as it has a bad speed tier. Play Rough is the other STAB, which can still do quite a bit of damage when unboosted. Protect is a great last move, since many players will try and target this huge threat. Azumarill usually gets a chance to set up since each possible teammate has a way of supporting it or hindering the opponent.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch / Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Kangaskhan provides some more Fake Out. This help lets Azumarill set up even easier and Kangaskhan is amazing in this metagame. I decided to run a simple Max/Max spread instead of a bulkier variant, which suited the nature of this offensive team. Return was chosen over Double Edge since it still hits really hard, but I don't take recoil. Power-Up Punch lets Kangaskhan set up while hitting mons like Bisharp. Sucker Punch is a moderately powerful priority move that lets Kangaskhan hit ghosts which are attacking. Protect could be exchanged for Fake Out or even Sucker Punch (this will catch a lot of people off guard) if needed. Low Kick is another option instead of Power-Up Punch as it can do substantial damage to Ferrothorn for the rest of the team.

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 228 HP / 96 Def / 76 SpA / 88 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus was a nice addition to the team because it provided a lot of utility. Priority Thunder Wave provides nice speed control, and a chance to immobilize the opponent. Thunder Wave also allows me to slow down huge threats to the team such as Rain Ludicolo. Taunt prevents Trick Room being set up against my fast team, and it also helps against set up sweepers. Hidden Power Ice provides essential coverage on Landorus-T, which poses a big threat to this team. Thunderbolt, along with my EVs, provides a damaging move, and it stops Azumarill Belly Drumming after Thunderbolt and Sitrus Berry recovery. The EVs, inspiration from KyleCole (a great YouTuber), creep other Thundurus, stop Azumarill Belly Drumming after a Thunderbolt and provide bulk to take a few hits such as always living a Mega Diancie Diamond Storm.

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Protect
- Earth Power

Shaymin-Sky is a fast Pokemon which fits in very well with my team. It has Serene Grace + Air Slash, giving it a 60% chance to render slower Pokemon useless that turn. This works especially well in conjunction with my set up sweepers. Seed Flare has a great base power, it's a good secondary STAB, and it also has a high special defense drop chance. Earth Power provides coverage on Steel-types which resist Shaymin-Sky's STABs, and it nails non-Shuca Berry Heatran. Protect is for scouting, and the fantastic move it is, letting me burn opposing Tailwind and Trick Room. The EVs let Shaymin-Sky be as fast and powerful as possible, and there is a Focus Sash as an item, despite Shaymin-Sky's above average bulk, due to the awful defensive typing.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

The final Pokemon on this team, Landorus-Therian was a great option. With Intimidate, I can deter physical attackers and give Azumarill even more set up chances. Choice Scarf let me have one of the fastest Pokemon in the metagame. Earthquake provided me with much needed spread and a powerful STAB move. Rock Slide lets me fish for flinches due to the insane Scarf-boosted speed. U-Turn provides chip damage and it can easily gain momentum, especially in conjunction with Intimidate drops, making them more likely to switch out. Superpower provides nice coverage on Mega Kangaskhan and the less common Ferrothorn. The spread is used to maximize power and speed.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Ally Switch
- Tailwind

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 228 HP / 84 Def / 76 SpA / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Protect
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

POSTFACE

StarmeiTheGod Being a fren and playing me in doubles. Also a nice ct driver
FookMi? an aaaaamazing fren, he always plays with me, builds with me, just a great guy in general
yuruuu Myst, you're there, and you make funny weird teams, which i help with :^)
Master Sunny-EX lol you get so many reqs
FatPinkUU Cynde i have a prezzie https://i.imgur.com/I8mI9Oj.gif
Trinitrotoluene you didn't give it directly to me, but thanks for the formatting things, you are such a rmt lord and you've given me inspiration
YABO meowie, YABO :)
Nedor ned ned ned ned ned
Sparkychild sd skarm lol, nice fren

CT frens: Eyan Kreme and the other staff/voices, you know who you are. Thanks for being such a welcoming community.

Well, I hope you enjoyed looking at my team, comments would be greatly appreciated and peace out!

Last edited:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Bunnies<3
I don't think I can offer many changes(improvements) without turning this into bunnies, and nothing is better than bunnies ;)

Really though, swagger thundy is a terrible set and everyone will hate you for it. If you don't want hp ice, just run protect, but taunt/twave are more reliable ways to answer threatening opponents than swagger. This will forever remain an insult to one of the best teams of all time.

shoutout to Haruno

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd change the nature of Shaymin-Sky to Modest, considering you're outspeeding basically everything in the meta anyways with 252 EVs and such a high speed stats =)

Run hp ice thundy, protect thundy isn't as good tbh.
Run timid skymin, other skymin exist.
If we're being honest here you just lose to sub kyube + a grass or electric type, this team is basically azumarill + mew + 4 random tier 1 mons.
You lose to ferro too.

Run hp ice thundy, protect thundy isn't as good tbh.
Run timid skymin, other skymin exist.
If we're being honest here you just lose to sub kyube + a grass or electric type, this team is basically azumarill + mew + 4 random tier 1 mons.
You lose to ferro too.
I'm changing Protect to HP Ice, due to the fact that Landorus-T is quite a big threat to the team, thanks.
Just to let you know, I didn't just pick random tier 1 Pokemon, mainly to the fact that I didn't actually use the viability rankings much, and I did think about the synergy they would have, such as Landorus-T having two flying partners so it can EQ freely and Pokemon that let Azumarill get Belly Drum off.

I can't really touch Ferrothorn, like you said, so I was contemplating a Charizard-Y > Mega Kangaskhan, which provides me with more spread, and a way to beat Ferrothorn. Opininons or any other changes?

edit: a charx would probably fit more with the theme of the team so yeah

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)