Challenge The Nuzlocke Challenge - Mark 2

I recently ran through Y with a few (not too many) restrictions:

1) General Nuzlocke rules apply.
2) Exp. must be turned of at all times
3) No Super Training. At all.
4) I can only use Pokemon Amie for Eevee - if I intend to evolve in into Sylveon. Sylveon is free game on Amie, since I had to use it to get Sylveon.
5) No Mega Lucario. Its' broken in-game.
6) No running from horde battles.

Additionally, I ran a 'No Pokemon may enter the gym higher than the highest level of the Gym Trainer's Pokemon' Clause, and entered the E4 at 64 instead of whatever Gardevoir is at.

Let me just mention how invaluable Snorlax was throughout the game.

Celever thank you for your reply, I already got to know how crazy this ruleset is and I have to enter the Cave of Death... Reflection Cave now.
But maybe we start from the last point I mentioned.

Standing in Camphrier Town I was full of joy about my last capture, thinking I would breeze through the game now, foolish me ;)
Telling myself that luck is the brave man´s second sword I send Backpacker for holiday and took Korruption, the Honedge, into my team.
The rest of my team was already worn out a bit and my stock of Potions had to be saved up for now, so I decided to abuse my newly acquired normal type immunity and Atrophy´s Leeching Seeds to heal against that otherwise frustrating Volbeat trainer - wow does he give you a huge amount of health, with his Moonlights being like Potions for me!

After preparing for the tag battle against Tierno and Trevor my team was between Lv. 13 and 18 so good to go in and smash that Swords Dancing cheaters ass with, of course, Atrophy the muscle man of my team and MVP so far. Went out well and without paralyzation. Thanks Atrophy, I love you!

The time had come to acquire some new team members and a potential replacement for PattyPattern who already did not live up to what he was meant to be, the supporting sweeper of my team.
Now that was not as trivial as it seems, just like convincing a stranger to go on a walk with you - I mean who would do that anyway ;)
Skipping Route 7 and not encountering a Whismur in the Zubat Roost I got to Route 8 where a vicious Pokemon stepped into my way...
Desaster the not so Timid Absol (Lv.15) showed me that it was quite capable of taking the hits (Leechy Seeds) that I threw at it, while it fought back but super luckily getting burned by TodayI´mgay! and her awesome Flaming(o) Body.

That was tough to capture and reminded me that my team is not quite well trained to make the next steps into this wonderful, beautiful Kalos region. No rhino riding for now, that was my decision.

Heading back through Connecting Cave I got disturbed by another curious Pokemon, that was wondering about the fuzz in this world
A Meditite (Lv. 13) that was known as Bergeremit. Carefully searching for a place to take plenty of siestas I could convince him to join my team with Pure Power, well the box first because it needed some sleep I guess.

Such a lucky guy you will think and right you are. Next encounter please!
It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right. Put your hands on your hips; and bend your knees in tight. Yeaaaah get groovy
Anticipating my coming a little hasty girl was in the mood for some change: Jabba the Croagunk(Lv 14) always liked to run away from home and this time it was meant to be forever and with me, let´s see what Kalos will bring us, best doing it in the box for now ;)

Get serious again, it´s a Nuzlocke, no fun parade! Training time against Baronesses and Barons taking the money out of their pocket, feeling fine to spend all the money for new haircuts every minute.

The end for now, tragedy will come!!!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ok I will look around postgame for a little bit but this will be my Pokemon family sort of... idk just contents page:
City after Vaniville
Route 2:

Vivillon
Santalune Forest:
Simisear (this guy for MVP totally)
Route 3:
Pidgeotto
Route 4:
Ledian
Lumiose City:
Wartortle
Route 5:
Diggersby
Zubat Roost/Connecting Cave:
Crobat
That cave place where you have to ride Rhyhorn up to it:
Rhydon
Reflection Cave:
Mr. Mime
Azure Bay:
Chatot
Route 12:
Slowking
Route 14:
Stunfisk
Kalos Badlands/I can't remember the route name:
Garchomp
Frost Cavern:
Avalugg (while I used him, he was actually p great. Gyro Ball TM - use it on this thing)
Route 18:
Conkeldurr

Starting a new one momentarily.

Currently doing a Standard X Nuzlocke:

Rules:
1). Catch ONLY the first pokemon you see on each route (Unless Shiny because that MUST be caught)
2). Nickname all pokemon
3). Faint = Dead => Put in a "dead" box.
4). Kill Snorlax for it won't count as the first pokemon I see because it is forced upon you and blocks off an entire route of possibilities.
5). Kill all legendaries
6). If I see a Horde first, my target is the pokemon on the far left. I cannot catch the others unless it is a Shiny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I am at Camphrier Town with the following team:
1). Punkster the Relaxed Scraggy @ Lv19 | Moxie: Feint Attack / Headbutt / Low Kick / Leer
2). Blaster the Bold Wartortle @ Lv.20 | Torrent: Bubble / Water Gun / Bite / Tackle
3). Alpha the Timid Mothim @ Lv.20 | Swarm: Bug Bite / Hidden Power (unknown type) / Tackle / Protect
4). Stinger the Adamant Beedrill @ Lv.20 | Swarm: Return / Twinneedle / False Swipe / Focus Energy
5). Zeratul the Mild Braixen @ Lv.20 | Blaze: Psybeam / Ember / Flame Charge / Scratch
6). Wing It! the Timid Pidgeitto | Keen Eye: @ Lv.21: Return / Tackle / Gust / Quick Attack

The remaining pokemon who are alive, but boxed:
1). Worthless the male Quirky Combee @ Lv.12 | Honey Gather: Gust / Sweet Scent
2). Could'veBeen the Jolly Sentret @ Lv.10 | Keen Eye: Quick Attack / Scratch / Foresight / Defense Curl

Pokemon who have died in battle:
1). PikaBlue the Docile Azuril @ Lv.8 | Thick Fat: Bubble / Water Gun / Tail Whip / Water Sport; Sacrificed in the first gym so I could heal Zeratul.

will edit in descriptions abd thouyhts later. on a phone and dont have the ease pf typing very well.

Last edited:
Ok, doing a Y nuzlocke because why not?
(Borrowing King's rules, they are good rules.)
Rules:
1). Catch ONLY the first pokemon you see on each route (Unless Shiny because that MUST be caught)
2). Nickname all pokemon
4). Kill Snorlax for it won't count as the first pokemon I see because it is forced upon you and blocks off an entire route of possibilities.
5). Kill all legendaries
6). If I see a Horde first, my target is the pokemon on the far left. I cannot catch the others unless it is a Shiny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alive:
1). Atalanta the Sassy Chespin @ lvl.15 | Overgrow: Leech Seed, Bite, Vine Whip, Rollout
2). Hugo the Jolly Pansear @ lvl. 12 | Gluttony: Scratch, Play Nice, Incinerate, Lick
3). Serenity the Bashful Kakuna @ lvl. 7 | Shed Skin: Tackle, String Shot, Harden
4). Sansa the Lax Fletchling @ lvl. 3 | Bick Pecks: Tackle, Growl
5). Winry the Bold Skitty @ lvl. 8 | Normalize: Tail Whip, Tackle, Foresight, Attract

Dead:
1). Khorne the Bold Aurill @ lvl. 7 (Stupid crits....)

Last edited:
X Version Nuzlocke: Second Gym Defeated

Team:

Name: Zilla
Species: Sandile
Item: None
Nature: Relaxed
Found: Route 9
Current Level: 26
Level Found: 16
Type: Ground/Dark
Current Stats: 66/49/29/24/31/42
Ability: Moxie
Current Moveset: Assurance | Rock Tomb | Sand Tomb | Return
Comments: Weak, but has good resistances. What I expected from Sandile. Really cannot wait until it finally evolves.

Name: Priestest
Species: Mienfoo
Nature: Mild
Found: Route 8
Level Found: 15
Type: Fighting
Current Stats: 63/58/34/42/38/42
Ability: Regenerator
Current Moveset: Rock Smash | Return | Rock Tomb | Fake Out
Comments: Fast and frail, exactly how I expected it to be. However, its power makes up for it by a lot.

Name: Pterror
Species: Aerodactyl
Item: Aerodactylite
Nature: Naughty
Found: Old Amber; Ambrette Town
Level Found: 20
Type: Rock/Flying
Current Stats: 84/67/40/37/43/77
Ability: Pressure
Current Moveset: Rock Tomb | Return | Bite | Rock Smash
Comments: Very fast and very strong. I wish it had better stab though. Quite a bit more bulky than I've come to expect.

Name: Punkster
Species: Scraggy
Nature: Relaxed
Found: Route 5
Current Level: 28
Level Found: 5
Type: Dark/Fighting
Current Stats: 72/55/51/33/45/34
Ability: Moxie
Current Moveset: Brick Break | Feint Attack | Return | Rock Tomb
Comments: Well, it about solo'd the second gym if that means anything. Was a *Bleep* to grind up from Lv5 though :|

Name: Zeratul
Species: Braixen
Found: Aquacorde Town; Starter
Type: Fire
Current Stats: 82/44/35/70/51/56
Ability: Blaze
Current Moveset: Psybeam | Ember | Fire Spin | Scratch
Comments: Despite what the XY teiring thread suggests, Braixen is very "eh" right now. Can't deal enough damage and can't take a hit very well. So far, its been leveling up mainly by Exp.All. Hoping that it becomes better upon evolution.

Name: Blaster
Species: Wartortle
Item: Blastoisnite
Nature: Bold
Found: Lumiose City
Current Level: 29
Level Found: 10
Type: Water
Current Stats: 79/45/61/45/58/41
Ability: Torrent
Current Moveset: Water Pulse | Bubble | Bite | Tackle
Comments: Although it can take hits better than anyone on my team alongside Scraggy, this guy cannot deal damage worth anything. Really, all he has going for it is the ability to deal with Hordes via Bubble :/

Boxed:

Worthless (Male) | Could'veBeen (Male) | Chronic (Female) | Stinger (Male) | Alpha (Male) | Luna (N/A) | Wing It! (Male) | Alphonse (N/A)

Dead, but not Forgotten:

PikaBlue the Docile, Thick Fat Azuril. She died at Lv8 against Viola's Villvion's Infestation. I missclicked and had her attack rather than switching like I wanted to.

Serenity the Timid, Pure Power Meditite. She died while switching out of an Absol during training. She was weak and Absol's Pursuit crit. Poor thing, you had potential.....

Just about to start a Pokemon Y Nuzlocke with the following rules:

1. Catch ONLY the first pokemon you see on each route (Unless Shiny because that MUST be caught)
  2. Nickname all pokemon
  3. Kill Snorlax for it won't count as the first pokemon I see because it is forced upon you and blocks off an entire route of possibilities.
  4. 3). Faint = Dead => Put in a "dead" box.
  5. Pokemon that evolve through trade can not be traded.
I will update this post with updates as it goes along!

Just going to kind of keep this post as a Journal xD

11/18/13
- Starting Day
- Picked Froakie

Ok, beat the 2nd gym, so time for an update!
Current Team:

Name: Dante
Nature: Lonely
Found: Route 5
Type: Fighting
Current Stats: 73/58/38/35/33/32
Ability: Mold Breaker
Current Moveset: Karate Chop, Slash, Circle Throw, Work Up
Comments: Good for things he is strong against, not so much for anything else at the moment.

Name: Gavin
Nature: Gentle
Found: Route 6
Current Level: 24
Level Found: 11
Type: Psychic
Current Stats: 69/35/32/43/42/43
Ability: Keen Eye
Current Moveset: Fake Out, Disarming Voice, Covet, Psybeam
Comments: My only usable special attacker as of yet, and is surprisingly good. Will be keeping covet for eventual heart scale stealing.

Name: Scathach
Nature: Careful
Found: Route 10
Current Level: 27
Type: Fairy
Current Stats: 87/76/47/40/46/30
Ability: Intimidate
Current Moveset: Charm, Bite, Roar, Headbutt
Comments: Have not gotten a chance to use her much yet, but was great vs. Tyrunt with both intimidate and Charm.

Name: Atalanta
Nature: Sassy
Found: Aquacorde Town
Current Level: 29
Type: Grass
Current Stats: 80/62/66/41/51/45
Ability: Overgrow
Current Moveset: Leech Seed, Bite, Needle Arm, Rollout
Comments: Easily soloed Viola with Rollout, have not used her much lately as I have been training the others.

Name: Armdelicate
Item: Blastoisite
Nature: Timid
Found: Lumiose City
Type: Water
Current Stats: 76/43/58/51/52/52
Ability: Torrent
Current Moveset: Bite, Rapid Spin, Water Pulse, Protect
Comments: Great defensive sponge, not so great offensively.

Name: Naithar
Item: Aerodactylite
Nature: Naive
Found: Ambrette Town
Type: Rock/Flying
Current Stats: 85/66/45/45/45/88
Current Moveset: Bite, Ancientpower, Roar, Agility
Comments: Fast and furious, gets things done.

BOXED:

Winry (Female) | Serenity (Female) | Nale (Male) | Stretcho (Female) | SunnyD (Male) | Grace (Female) | Hugo (Male) | Sanse (Female)

DEAD:
Rockbelle (Female): Critical hit while training​

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Okay so:

I started a Randomised Nuzlocke on Fire Red... Settings: Random Moves (Moves of Same Type), Random Pokemon for trainers, totally random Pokemon placement on routes, no early Shedinja and then Random abilities and Random TMs.

Then died twice, first to my Rival with a Jump Kick Pidgey against an Igglybuff (Thanks Celever) and then I got a Confusion Beldum which ended up dying to a Flame Wheel Abra on Route 1 -_-

SO NOW I got a Dratini as my Starter with Dragonbreath. It now has Dragon Claw and its ability is Poison Point.

So this is my team right now (Noting important moves): Chikorita (Flame Body) with Petal Dance and Frenzy Plant, DIglett (Guts) with Bone Club, Dizzy Punch and Fissure, Porygon (Suction Cups) with Secret Power and Tackle and Vaporeon (Rock Head) with Crabhammer, Muddy Water and Slam.

I'm just inside Mt Moon and I have a dead Omanyte that got murdered by Blue :(

ONWARDS!

Also Kadew is cool as fuck

I kinda forgot this existed :| So I am back with a bang.

Here is my current team:

Dragon Lv 22 Dratini
Modest
Poison Point
Dragon Claw/Teleport/Dragonbreath/Outrage

Knobbly Lv 22 Bayleef
Brave
Trace
Magical Leaf/Petal Dance/Cut/Thrash

Primitive Lv 22 Porygon2
Bold
Synchronize
Secret Power/False Swipe/Harden/Body Slam

Weed Lv 21 Cradily
Lonely
Synchronize
Magical Leaf/Rock Slide/Ice Beam/Ancient Power

WailWhale Lv 21 Vaporeon
Quirky
Rock Head
Crabhammer/Slam/Quick Attack/Muddy Water

KF-Fil-A Lv 22 Combusken
Hasty
No Ability
Arm Thrust/Thunderpunch/Flamethrower/Will-O-Wisp

Right now I have 2 or 3 problems. I can't remember where I have and haven't caught things, but I know I want to carry on. I have 3 Badges and I am going to head back to carry on back up north and try to get down to Dark Cave :) I am right outside Dark Tunnel now :O

Places Found Mons: Pallet Town, Mt Moon, Route 1, Route 6, Viridian Forest, Route 4, Route 3 (Grimer [Ooze]), Route 2 (Diglett [Feet]), Diglett's Cave (Zangoose [SuperMoose]), Route 11 (Gardevoir [Lady]), Route 9 (Miltank [Udders])

Dead: Omanyte (Helix, Route 22),

Missed: Route 10 (Xatu), Rock Tunnel (Swablu)

Last edited:
Wish I'd seen this when I started my current red nuzlocke. Good thing I've been keep track since the start, I want to a comic out of it.

Current Progress - 6 badges. Grinding for the 7th.
Team:
Dinoflower (Venasaur) Level 46
Cut, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf.

Octavian (Nidoking) Level 46
Strength, Blizzard, Rock Slide, Earthquake

Light (Voltorb) Level 47
Flash, Selfdestruct, Swift, Thunderbolt

Murmaider (Vaporeon) Level 45
Bite, Surf, Ice Beam, Bubblebeam

Beakly (Dodrio) Level 45
Drill Peck, Tri Attack, Fury Attack, Fly

Blob (Snorlax) Level 45
Headbutt, Surf, Rest, Body Slam

Graveyard:
Prick (Beedrill) 17 - Critical Karate Chop on low health
Broulder (Geodude) 22 - Water Gun
Ace (Pidgeotto) 32 - Critical Quick Attack on low health

Notable others:
Taipan (Arbok) 30, retired at Celadon city after being caught on route 4.

Best moments:
- Beating Brock in 2 turns
- Not having a Zubat as my first encounter in Mt. Moon.
- Having a level 16 Nidoking (OP, it was great)
- Ivysaur's evolution.
- Beating Sabrina in 4 hits after Blob went second every turn and took no damage (was poisoned though)

Worst moment
- Ace's death. :'(

Scariest moments:
- Ace was poisoned on nugget bridge with about 12 hp and I had no healing items, and I was too far from the pokemon center. When I checked my bag again, I had 3 antidotes and Ace had 5 hp. Phew.
- Against that level 20 Butterfree on route 6, it put Ace to sleep and spammed confusion. Switched Ace to Broulder, who got poisoned, rock throw missed, confusion critical hitted... and he went down to 4 hp. Rock throw hit and KO'ed.
- When I had nothing that could flash before rock tunnel. Thankfully, I caught Light.
- Koga's Weezing exploded on what appeared to be half a hit point. Thankfully, it wasn't a crit, or Octavian would be dead.
- Actually, any self destruct/explosion falls in this category.

Will update post E4.

Starting a Y Nuzlocke!

Loki the Froakie

Rulset:
  • Standard Clauses
  • Shiny Clause
  • Dupes Clause
  • EXP Share off
  • No Pokémon used in battle may be above the levels of the next Gym Leader
  • Pokémon can't reach a disparity higher than 5 levels in the party
  • No Megas & No Legendaries
  • No buying items from the Pokémart, except Pokéballs
  • Dead Pokémon are boxed and released at the end of the run

Last edited:
Currently prepping for the first round of the Elite Four in Heartgold. General rules applied throughout, only used Pokéballs for all captures. I've lost a few great teammates along the way, mostly my water type (Zan the Staryu, crit'd. Quagsire, missed against Chuck's Poliwrath then KO'ed by Focus Punch, and Rick the Poliwrath got Guillotined by Kingler before Victory Road, total shit)

Current team:

Zippo, Typhlosion: Male lvl. 48
Naive/Blaze
-Flamethrower
-Quick Attack
-Rollout
-Focus Blast

Merlin, Alakazam: Male lvl. 45
Hardy/Synchronize
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Recover

Rudy, Stantler: Male lvl. 45
Hardy/Intimidate
-Headbutt
-Confuse Ray
-Hypnosis
-Zen Headbutt

Ronda, Weezing: Female lvl. 45
Relaxed/Levitate
-Sludge
-Thunderbolt
-Haze
-Payback

Latifa, Krabby: Female lvl. 31
Careful/Shell Armor
-Return
-Metal Claw
-Surf
-Strength
(Holding out for Crabhammer at 41)

Cruz, Dratini: Male lvl. 15
Adamant/Shed Skin
-Extremespeed
-Thunder Wave
-Dragon Rage
-Whirlpool

Graveyard:
Jasmine the Noctowl
Misty the Quagsire
Gale the Pidgey
Spike the Sandshrew
Rick the Poliwrath
Zan the Staryu
Billy the Togetic

My Team just got ripped apart in my SS wedlocke because of Chuck's Primeape and the Ace duo double battle with the elactabuzz and magmar. Chucks primeape set up a double team when my parasect tried to spore (it had vital spirit) and then critted my golbat with rock slide. Even worse, I have no males in my box!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I kinda forgot this existed :| So I am back with a bang.

Here is my current team:

Dragon Lv 22 Dratini
Modest
Poison Point
Dragon Claw/Teleport/Dragonbreath/Outrage

Knobbly Lv 22 Bayleef
Brave
Trace
Magical Leaf/Petal Dance/Cut/Thrash

Primitive Lv 22 Porygon2
Bold
Synchronize
Secret Power/False Swipe/Harden/Body Slam

Weed Lv 21 Cradily
Lonely
Synchronize
Magical Leaf/Rock Slide/Ice Beam/Ancient Power

WailWhale Lv 21 Vaporeon
Quirky
Rock Head
Crabhammer/Slam/Quick Attack/Muddy Water

KF-Fil-A Lv 22 Combusken
Hasty
No Ability
Arm Thrust/Thunderpunch/Flamethrower/Will-O-Wisp

Right now I have 2 or 3 problems. I can't remember where I have and haven't caught things, but I know I want to carry on. I have 3 Badges and I am going to head back to carry on back up north and try to get down to Dark Cave :) I am right outside Dark Tunnel now :O

Places Found Mons: Pallet Town, Mt Moon, Route 1, Route 6, Viridian Forest, Route 4, Route 3 (Grimer [Ooze]), Route 2 (Diglett [Feet]), Diglett's Cave (Zangoose [SuperMoose]), Route 11 (Gardevoir [Lady]), Route 9 (Miltank [Udders])

Dead: Omanyte (Helix, Route 22),

Wow would you look at this! I am back again. So I played some more on this game while I was playing with Deinosaur et al in the Orange Plays Redux on Saturday evening. I continued onwards and evolved my Dratini (Into a sand stream Dragonair), and got my whole team up to level 30 or so.

While Battling Erika I came across a Gloom with Air Cutter which criticalled my beloved Combusken and hence it is now dead. RIP KF-Fil-A. I will update all my movepools etc when I get home from work tonight. I am very sad about my little Chicken :( I beat Giovanni down in the bottom of the Game Corner and have stopped just after beating my Rival in Lavender Town.

Dead: Omanyte (Helix, Route 22), Combusken (KF-Fil-A, Erika Gym Battle)

Since I never got enough mons for my scramble, about to start a nuzlocke of X. Gonna pick Fennekin, and most likely Squirtle.

1. Catch ONLY the first pokemon you see on each route (Unless Shiny because that MUST be caught)
  2. Nickname all pokemon
  3. Kill Snorlax for it won't count as the first pokemon I see because it is forced upon you and blocks off an entire route of possibilities.
  4. 3). Faint = Dead => Put in a "dead" box.
  5. Pokemon that evolve through trade can not be traded.
So, team so far;

Mozilla the Fennekin, level 5

Has anyone done a Pokemon Blue/Red nuzlocke? Wondering if the old games are worth a run with these rules, or just roll with LeafGreen.

Currently doing an X Nuzlocke. And a past poster is correct, Snorlax is some sort of demigod.

I have 1 badge remaining. And I have had a lotttttt of loss.

I have 2 pokemon left. Snorlax and Venusaur. That's it. With the freshly caught Xerneas, sure. But yeaahhhhh. It's not going to end well, I believe.

Phadunk: You can do it, believe in your Pokemon!
and there are some really cool Pokemon on the next routes as well.

I have tried Leafgreen, where I had to set my ruleset a bit less hard and remember that normal blue/red was somehow harder in normal gameplay. A lot depends on your early game captures and weather you choose your starter yourself or randomize it.

Thanks for the insight.

I'll probably do the whole, last digit of trainer ID determines starter.

1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 0 = trainers choice.

Took advantage of the Nintendo promotion and nabbed a copy of Pokemon X, so it's time to play through the main adventure again - Nuzlocke style!

Won't be doing a story or anything, just a progress report at each gym. Typically my style, at least lately with Nuzlockes, is to box my starter unless I wipe out, and to use underused mons or mons that I have never used on a play through before. Should be fun.

Rules:
-Catch only the first Pokemon I see on a route
-Nickname all Pokemon

Clauses:
-Dubs clause (unless original dies)
-Trade clause (can use in game trades if area can be used as a new capture, can get a second Pokemon on an old route to do this, maximum 5 encounters to do so)
-Set clause
-No Exp. Share clause

Just finished up the first gym, sort of happy with my team but it's still very early obviously. Farfetch'd is a broken early game mon but I'm interested in seeing how long he stays viable. Also going to push my Beedrill as far as I can, hopefully. Unfortunately she's already so weak except against Fairies.

Party:

Quack'lin the Farfetch'd (MVP)
Level 14
Knock Off
Fury Cutter
Fury Attack
Aerial Ace

Bertha the Beedrill
Level 12
Poison Sting
Fury Attack
Infestation
Harden

Penny the Psyduck
Level 10
Scratch
Water Gun

Boxed:
Thick Fat :(

Got sucked into the game the last two days, as X/Y is seriously a great adventure mode and a breath of fresh air to Nuzlocke. Hoping maybe we can inspire some activity in this thread, for those of us who aren't as hardcore as the members of the actual Nuzlocke forum. That said, the second section had a couple of battles I was completely unprepared for, or simply played too recklessly.

Double Battles are always dangerous in a Nuzlocke, since there's way more to deal with and the faster pace results in more deaths. Well the double Furfou battle was an absolute massacre. My team just did not have anything to deal with them, and the trainers' hyper potions dragged the battle on way too long. Four of my five team members died before Penny the Psyduck Disable and PP stalled them into oblivion. Had to rebuild my team, but I survived.

Somewhere along the way, Venus the Venipede, another newly acquired mon, bit the dust. I believe it was against one of the Smeargle's on the breeder route, damn thing knew Ember.

The other tricky battle came just minutes ago against the second gym leader, Grant. Tyrunt proved to be an absolute juggernaut against me and Penny, as well as my newly acquired Floette were solidly 2HKOd by the combination of Bite or Rock Tomb. Thanks to another in game trade (and thanks to a Luvdisc encounter in the city it happened), I was able to acquire Thumper the Steelix and he came in to withstand Tyrunt's assault.

So I lost seven Pokemon total this round, including five 'core' team members. Here's my team's outlook heading towards Gym 3.

Party:

Amiot the Pidgeotto
Level 21

Thumper the Steelix
Level 22 (Surviving MVP)

Tyrunt the Tyrunt
Level 20
Damn PC didn't let me nickname him.

Barney the Binacle
Level 18

Hank the Helioptile
Level 19

Azurill
Froakie
Bulbasaur
Whismur
Machop (Modest :( )
Inkay

Quack'lin the Farfetch'd (Furfou)
Level 16

Bertha the Beedrill (Furfou)
Level 15

Gloria the Gulpin (Furfou)
Level 12

Flannery the Flobebe (Furfou)
Level 17

Venus the Venipede (Smeargle)
Level 17

Fran the Floette (Tyrunt)
Level 21

Penny the Psyduck (Tyrunt) (Round 2 MVP)
Level 25

UPDATE: FAILURE…

So many deaths. Between new captures dying, Lucario sweeping four of my Pokemon, and finally a Granbull wreaking havoc on my weakened team in Reflecting Cave, I wiped out. just two low level Pokemon left in the box. Time to restart. Play time for first run: 9:31 :pirate:

Last edited:
Three or so years ago, I decided to play my first Nuzlocke. Since then, I've played various Nuzlocke challenges, usually increasing in difficulty. I'm going to use this post to archive all my Nuzlocke teams. I'll have the game I played the Nuzlocke in, the rules to the challenge, as well as any honorable deaths. I'll also add descriptions for all the Pokemon, as well as their summary. The order of the Pokemon will be in the order I caught them, and I'll also highlight the MVP in red. Also, unless otherwise stated, I play with both Dupes Clause and Shiny Clause in all my playthroughs. Anyways, here goes nothing!

Descriptions of Pokemon will be added soon!

Important: If this is too long of a post, or it breaks any rules, please do not delete this. I worked very hard on this, and I'll be willing to move it myself if asked.

1. Game: Pokemon Emerald
Rules:
  • Standard Nuzlocke Rules
The Team:

Breloom (Fungar) Male
Nature: Rash
Ability: Effect Spore
-Sludge Bomb
-Brick Break
-Giga Drain
-Strength

Total boss on the team. Great dual STAB combined with Sludge Bomb made him a great Pokemon on the team. He was especially helpful against the Elite Four, where his STABs were super effective against 3/5 of the members. I never even found his poor bulk or 4x Flying weakness to be an issue. A survivor who was easily deserving of MVP.

Altaria (Skyler) Female
Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural Cure
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Claw
-Return
-Fly

Skyler was a very nice member. Dragon is a great defensive typing, and it really helped me sponge hits well. Fly support was also love ^.^. She was a little weak, however, but her great bulk definitely made up for that.

Armaldo (Vanessa) Female
Nature: Impish
Ability: Battle Armor
-Earthquake
-Iron Tail
-Ancient Power
-Aerial Ace

Vanessa was a last-minute member, but she was definitely a good choice. After dealing with low-power moves for a while, Vanessa really began to pull her weight as she fired off powerful Earthquakes and Iron Tails. She was a little slow, and her typing was meh defensively, but she was a much appreciated powerhouse to the team.

Magneton (BtchMagnet) Genderless
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Sturdy
-Thunder
-Thunderbolt
-Tri Attack
-Thunder Wave

Great typing, good bulk, extreme power; BtchMagnet had it all. Thanks to its Steel-typing, BtchMagnet had no trouble taking hits. He also dished out damage quite easily thanks to its great 120 SpA stat. Movepool sucked, but it definitely made up for that with its many other positive traits. Definitely a favorite of mine.

Dusclops (CntTouchMe) Male
Nature: Quirky
-Hyper Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Will-O-Wisp
-Confuse Ray

CntTouchMe was the wall of this team, sponge hits with ease. I will admit he was quite weak, but Hyper Beam was always a fun move to use on him ^.^. His tanking skills were super helpful for the team, and he was an overall great member.

Walrein (Avenger) Male
Nature: Careful
Ability: Thick Fat
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Dive

The Avenger himself comes to avenge the death of Swampert. His cool dual STABs made him a great addition, as well as his nice bulk. I also loved how he could carry all the importanat Water-type HMs in the game. Another great member who brought bulk and power.

Honorable Deaths:

Swampert - Died to Maxie
Kadabra - Died to Maxie

Total Deaths: 4

2. Game: Pokemon Platinum
Rules:
  • You may not use the PC to store Pokemon
  • Battle mode set to "Set"
  • Repels may not be purchased, but can be used if found on the ground.
  • No Dupes Clause
The Team:

Gastrodon (Isabella) Female
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Storm Drain
-Stone Edge
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Surf

With great bulk, good offenses, nice coverage, Isabella was a super helpful member who helped the team ever since Route 205. Her defensive typing and general bulk was easily the best thing about her, as it allowed her to easily take hits. Her coverage was also great, and it meant that she didn't have any trouble dishing out damage, either. Overall, a very balanced member who easily pulled her weight.

Gengar (Penny) Female
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Sludge Bomb
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

Penny was a very simple member. Her job was to use her great offensive power and amazing coverage to dish out as much damage as possible, and she did it well. Her bulk was disappointing, but overall she pulled her weight with ease.

Gliscor (Nina) Female
Nature: Docile
Ability: Hyper Cutter
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Aerial Ace
-Swords Dance

Very helpful member of the team. Nina's great defensive typing as well as her good offensives meant that she could function both offensively and defensively. Swords Dance also helped he dish out even more damage. Aerial Ace is a shitty STAB, but otherwise a great member ^.^.

Umbreon (Owen) Male
Nature: Serious
Ability: Synchronize
-Dark Pulse
-Feint Attack
-Quick Attack
-Return

Owen was, plain and simple, a wall. He walled everything bar Fighting- and Bug-types to hell and back, which made him a great defensive backbone for the team. He was quite weak though, but his great defensive presence made him a very appreciated member of the team.

Weavile (Walter) Male
Nature: Gentle
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Revenge
-Ice Shard

Somewhat of a reverse Umbreon, Walter was a frail offensive powerhouse. Great dual STABs combined with a nice priority move meant that Walter had no trouble dishing out a great amount of damage. He was frail, though, and his moves weren't very powerful, but he made up for that with his sky-high Attack and blazing Speed.

Roserade (Yasuhiro) Male
Ability: Poison Point
-Shadow Ball
-Giga Drain
-Synthesis
-Cut

Yasuhiro was added for after Infernapes death, so it didn't get to see much action. It did, however, prove its worth in the aftergame. Thanks to its great Special Attack and Speed, Roserade dished out great damage with Shadow Ball and Giga Drain. Unfortunately, I couldn't give it Sludge Bomb due to Gengar already having it, so it didn't really have the best moves. Overall, though, Yasuhiro proved his worth through out the rest of the aftergame.

Honorable Mentions:

Infernape - Died to Lucian's Calm Mind-ing Bronzong

Total Deaths: 9 (Not 100% sure on this one, since I didn't end up keeping a death box)

3. Game: Pokemon Leafgreen
Rules:
  • Standard Wedlocke Rules
The Team:

Pair One:

Pidgeot (Serena) Female
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Keen Eye
-Steel Wing

-Agility
-Return
-Fly

Victreebel (Quintin) Male
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Sludge Bomb
-Razor Leaf
-Acid
-Poisonpowder

Pair Two:

Parasect (Audrey) Female
Nature: Naughty
-Body Slam
-Giga Drain
-Spore
-Cut

Vaporeon (Ethan) Male
Nature: Modest
Ability: Water Absorb
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam
-Bite

Pair Three:

Jynx (ZYNX) Female
Ability: Oblivious
-Psychic
-Ice Punch
-Perish Song
-Lovely Kiss

Magmar (Jack) Male
Ability: Flame Body
-Flamethrower
-Fire Punch
-Sunny Day
-Strength

Honorable Mentions:

Snorlax - Helped me beat the Elite Four, though died to a Destiny Bond-ing Qwilfish during the aftergame.
Hitmonchan - Died to Lance's Aerodactyl

Total Deaths: 12

4. Game: Pokemon Soulsilver
Rules:
  • All Pokemon caught were swapped for eggs (Basically, I was trying to do an Egglocke on the cartridge)
The Team:

Aerodactyl (X-Wing) Female
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Fly

Houndoom (Werewolf) Female
Ability: Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Strength

Gardevoir (Voodoo) Female
Ability: Synchronize
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Magical Leaf
-Calm Mind

Lanturn (Ray) Male
Ability: Volt Absorb
-Ice Beam
-Discharge
-Surf
-Thunder Wave

Staraptor (Pilot) Male
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Intimidate
-Close Combat
-Fly
-Quick Attack
-Return

Sharpedo (Muncha) Female
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rough Skin
-Crunch
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Aqua Jet

Honorable Mentions:

Metagross - Died to a Critical Hit Thunder from Lance's Dragonite
Mamoswine - Died due to his low speed; wasn't able to outspeed Lance's Dragonite even with a Choice Scarf

Total Deaths: 5

5. Game: White 2 (Not going to make this white lol)
Rules:
  • No looking up anything! (This was my first time playing through the 5th generation)

The Team:

Stoutland (Pablo) Male
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Rush
-Return
-Fire Fang
-Ice Fang
-Return

Chandelure (Kirt) Male
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Flame Body
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball

Starmie (Uutton) Genderless
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Illuminate
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

Altaria (Ulf) Male
Nature: Serious
Ability: Natural Cure
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Cotton Guard

Amoonguss (Sabrina) Female
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Synthesis
-Spore

Gliscor (Raven) Female
Ability: Hyper Cutter
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Sky Uppercut
-Swords Dance

Honorable Mentions:

Levanny - Helped out so much early-game, but ended up dying to a Sigilyph's Air Cutter
Volcarona - Your amazing stats made up for your lack of any decent move, but an Gurdurr's Rock Slide did you in
Galvantula - Amazingly fast and powerful, you too died from a Gurdurr's Rock Slide
Zoroark - So powerful, and Snarl made you take hits decently well. However, a surprise Sunflora's Double Edge sealed your fate
Gigalith - You were an amazing team member who I'd had since Castelia City, I unfortunately forgot about Grimsley's Bisharp's ability, Defiant, and tried to Bulldoze it, which ended up killing you.

Total Deaths: 25

Last edited:
Pokémon Y Nuzlocke Challenge:

I've started this alredy, I'm on my way for the third gym. So far, I'll only post deaths, gym battles, and stuff like caves. But first, let's settle the rules:

1-You can only catch the first Pokémon you see in an area. Given Pokémon may be used but count as the first Pokémon.
2-If a Pokémon faints, you have to box it in a box designated especially for dead Pokémon. If that box gets full, Game Over.
3-You must give every Pokémon you are going to use in your team a nickname.
4-Shiny Pokémon are exempt from rules 1 and 2.
5-After you beat the Champion for the first time, you get to "revive" one Pokémon. After that, when you reach 500 wins in the Pokémon League after the post-league stuff is done, you may revive all of your dead Pokémon.
6-Legendaries are considered "dead" the moment you catch them. This rule exists because you can't get away with not catching Xerneas/Yvetal.
7-If you black out, Game Over.
8-If you black out on a sky battle, and you still got Pokémon after that, the Pokémon that fainted are to be boxed.
9-You may not use Fossil Pokémon. Come on, Tyrunt and Aerodactyl are WAY too OP.
10-You can't buy or use any healing item. If by the time you reach the E4 you are at least an Earl in the Battle Chateau, you get to buy 10 Full Restores and 10 Revives.
11-You may use and abuse the Pokémon Center as you please
12-Over-leveling is completely allowed
13-You may use Switch battle and Exp. Share.
14-If a "revived" Pokémon dies, it has to be released.
15-The goal of this challenge is to get 200 wins at the Pokémon League without losing once (obviously, it's a Nuzlocke Challenge). After that, the game may be played as normal.
With that stated, let's review what has happened so far:

Chapter 1: Meet the "Dynamic Duo"
My name is Alex. I'm ten years old. I was chosen by Professor Sycamore to get a free Pokémon. That day was going to be great. At 10:00 AM, I was woken up by Mom's Fletching. I got dressed and went down. My mom was there, cooking something. He greeted me and told me that I should say hello to the neighbors. So I did, I met my new neighbors, Shauna and Selena. They told me to go with Trevor and Tierno, the Professor's assistants (apparently).

We went to Aquacorde Town to get our starter Pokémon. I decided to choose Fennekin, because I've always loved Fire-Types. Plus, I knew the challenge will be easier if I didn't had to rely on the rare Fletching for a Fire-Type. Besides that, I got a Pokédex and a letter for Mom. So, after choosing my starter, I gave it the nickname "Firefox". I had a battle with Shauna, which I won with ease. After that, I headed back to my house and gave the mail to Mom. She wished me luck, and so my journey began.

I went to Aquacorde Town's Poké Ball shop, just so I could get another Pokémon right away. I bought 10 Poké Balls, so I got a Premier Ball as a gift. I headed to Route 2, and I suddenly found my next partner: a level 3 Pidgey. "Yes!" I said to myself. I remember in my region a trainer with a Pidgeot came to my hometown, and ever since that I wanted one. And know, I was given the chance to get one from scratch. I used Scratch, making sure I didn't defeat it, and then I threw my Premier Ball at him. I catched it right away, and I gave it the nickname "Lady Feather". I healed it and leveled it up to level 10, along with Firefox.

After that, I saw how Selena impressed Shauna by catching a Pokémon. Then they headed to the forest. I had a Trainer Battle, which was no big deal for Firefox. I went ahead on the Forest with my new "Dinamic Duo", my first two Pokémon. After looking throught the grass, I found my next partner, a level 4 Pikachu. I used Lady Feather to weaken it and threw a Poké Ball at it. I catched it and gave it the nickname "Surge". Then Shauna healed it, and I had a bunch of battles to train it. It leveled up quickly, quicker than what I though. After getting through that maze, all of the group met up at the exit. We walked out at the same time, and then Selena ran to the next town. Then I trained all of my Pokémon to level 13, just so I will be ready for the Gym Leader.

Chapter 2: A critical Infestation
On my way to the Gym, a Skater went past me. After wondering what was that, I kept going. I reached Santalune City in no time, and I healed my Pokémon. After that, I went straight to the Gym, but the skater was there. She challenged me to a battle, and said that, if I won, she'll give me a pair of Roller Skates. I won thanks to Pika's Thundershock. After I put the Roller Skates on, I noticed there was a route to the right. I decided to check it out. There were a bunch of trainers, which I beated with ease. I went to the grass to meet my next team member, which was a Litleo. I weakened it with Ember and caught it in 4 tries. I gave it the name "Simba". After leveling, I went to the gym.

Inside the gym, I figured out what type was the leader using in about 2 seconds: Bug-Type. So I slided down to the gym, fought 3 trainers, and reached the leader. "This is going to be like a walk on the park", I thought, because all of the other battles were easy. Deadly mistake for my Pika, who had been weakened a bit by the other trainers.

The leader's name was Viola. She told me she liked fotographies. We started the battle right away. She sent out a Surskit, and I sent out Pika. That was an easy fight: after Surskit used Quick Attack, it got paralyzed, which made it unable to use it again. I knocked it down in two Thundershocks. I couldn't believe it was so easy.
She sent out a Vivlion after that. It was level 12, a level away from my Pika. "3 Thundershocks and it's out" I though. Bad mistake. After my Thundershock barely tickled it, it used Infestation. I couldn't switch out now, plus I was getting damaged each turn. "God fucking dammit" I though. I went for another Thundershock, which landed a critical hit on Vivlion. It was really low on health now. However, it used Infestation again, which also landed a critical hit.

Pika fainted.

Had I alredy lost a Pokémon? No way! I don't even have a badge! But I had to get over this. So I sent out Simba to Ember it to death. However, that bitch used a Potion. I burned it, though, which was really nice. His health was down to yellow now. I only had to land another hit, and I won. So I used Ember, and it got down to really low health, but not red yet. It used Infestation, which landed yet another ciritcal hit. My health was now red. After the Infestation damage, I only had 2 HP left. However, Vivlion's healthn was pretty much the same. I finished the battle with another Ember. My Simba leveled up to level 12. After getting the badge, I went to the PC, healed my team, and boxed my first knock-outed Pokémon: Pika. I was sad, because I wanted an Electric-Type Pokémon. "Oh well, gotta move on", I said. So I headed for the next route. On the way for it, I met Viola's sister, Alexia. She gave me an Exp. Share, which was really nice. At least, nicer than his sister.

Chapter 3: The new starter
Still sad for Pika's death, I went inside Route 4. The first thing I did was to head on the grass, just to find another member for my team. I found a level 7 Flabébé. After weakening it, and throwing about 3 Poké Balls at it, I caught it. I gave it the name "Margarita". At first, I didn't wanted to level it up, and I was bitter about it, because I HATED Fairy Types, with all caps, for nerfing my favorite Pokémon and types. However, after a little time I trained it throught Exp. All, for team builkding's sake. Many battles later, Simba, Firefox and Lady Feather were level 17. Lady Feather and Firefox had evolved into Pidgeotto and Braixen, respectively, while the others remained the same. So I headed for Lumiose City, and found the Professor's assistants, which said what I knew about Fairies atold me to go to Lumiose.

Just as I did in my first run, Lumiose City surprised me. I went to the Pokémon Lab, just as you're supposed to, and entered. I went to the 3rd floor, had the dialogue, and was asked for the battle, as usual. However, I forgot to heal my Pokémon before getting into the battle. Fucking rushing. Oh well, I've got 4 level 17-19 Pokémon against 3 level 10 EV-less Pokémon. I should win without any trouble, right?

Simba was on the head of my team. It went against Bulbasaur. Even thought it was 2KHO'ed, it used Leech Seed, which hurt me. Next up was Squirtle. I didn't had any Water counter after Pika's death, so I looked throught the team's moves, just to find out that Margarita had Grass-type moves. But I also found out that he was level 11. "Oh well, guess birds will have to rule turtles" I said. So I sent Lady Feather out. Gust did nothing, and Squirtle didn't dealt much damage neither. So I went for Tackle, which critted and KO'ed. Holy balls, fairies with flowers are dangerous after all. It leveled up from 18 to 19. After that, Charmander was being sent out. Two Quick Attacks later he was doine like dinner. So I finished the battle, and I got my precious cash, which buys my Poké Balls. After another dialolgue (seriously GF, put an "skip dialogues" option alredy -__-) I was given the choice to get another starter, this time a Kanto one. As I thought which one should I choose, I realized how a Water Pokémon will benefit me. So I chose Squirtle, which I nicknamed Galapago, and was given a Blastoisenite.

Chapter 5: Let's rock this restaurant
Now I had two Pokémons rounding level 10, Galapago and Margarita. And there was a restaurant that let you battle and train two Pokémon at the same time. Really cheap. With many Tiny Mushrooms as a gift for fighting. ANd healing between battles. Fuck dat shet niggah, it's battle time. After many battles, and when I say many, I MEAN many, I managed to get those two to level 18 in the first battle of the round, getting an extra level ahead with Margarita. However, getting to level 19 with Margarita was especial. When it evolved, it became WAY stronger. I finally started to lose my hatred against Fairy types. And so I used Margarita way more often. Eventually, I managed to eat everything in the recommended time (2 turns per battle), which gave me some style in Lumiose, or that's what I think, because I could get to that famous Boutique afterwards. Oh well, time to finally get out of this restaurant, geez.

Chapter 6: Let the Hordes begin
After healing my Pokémon and buying Poké Balls, I headed to Route 5. There, I got to the grass, and found a Horde of Scraggys. What was unusual, thought, is that all five of them had Intimidate. This was harder to catch, since I had to bang every single Pokémon by itself until one was isolated. Using the Attack drops in my favor, I attacked the level 5 Scraggy with Tackle, reducing its HP to red. One Poké Ball later, and it was mine. I named it Brawly. I leaved it on the Box though, because I definitely wouldn't like to lose such Pokémon, and I wanted to breed later on. So I headed to where you battle Tierno, and rocked his ass with Margarita, just like the other trainers in the route. After exploring the route, I went to Campher Town.

Chapter 7: Le Chateau
TBA

Last edited:
Currently doing a Standard X Nuzlocke:

Rules:
2). Nickname all pokemon
5). Kill all legendaries
You WILL regret not catching Snorlax. Trust me on that one, its utility as HM Slave is worth losing the opportunity to get another Pokémon on that route.

Has anyone done a Pokemon Blue/Red nuzlocke? Wondering if the old games are worth a run with these rules, or just roll with LeafGreen.

Currently doing an X Nuzlocke. And a past poster is correct, Snorlax is some sort of demigod.

I have 1 badge remaining. And I have had a lotttttt of loss.

I have 2 pokemon left. Snorlax and Venusaur. That's it. With the freshly caught Xerneas, sure. But yeaahhhhh. It's not going to end well, I believe.
I'm currently running a Red Nuzlocke. It's doable, but annoying. I found it necessary to activate dupes clause since Pidgey is 50% encounter in the first few routes and you always have to keep crit damage in mind, but it's doable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)