The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Going to set a tentative draft time for Sunday, September 3rd at 3:00 PM. If everyone could just post on the message board on Yahoo that they are returning that would aid greatly in seeing who is returning!
The day is good but that's 5am for me... Could you push the draft time back to Saturday evening please? 8pm your time would be amazing for me.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
And we still need another one in League A for Sunday's draft? better get on it yo

(lol I haven't even done my draft research yet because I'm trying to cram a VN before I get back to work next wednesday, fuck)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And we still need another one in League A for Sunday's draft? better get on it yo

(lol I haven't even done my draft research yet because I'm trying to cram a VN before I get back to work next wednesday, fuck)
I've gotten word back from everyone but Paul and moot. You wouldn't happen to have another way to contact them, would you? I also need to send mk007 his invite, which I will do today.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Going to set a tentative draft time for Sunday, September 3rd at 3:00 PM. If everyone could just post on the message board on Yahoo that they are returning that would aid greatly in seeing who is returning!
I'm out, just doing the Dynasty League for this season.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has League C been organised a date yet? My Yahoo app (which I use more than Smogon) doesn't have a time on it.

Possible we can do this on the evening Saturday the 2nd instead? Already had a money draft scheduled for the 3rd at 8 PM Eastern and now League C's is scheduled for 1 PM on the 3rd.

If we do stick to the 3rd, would have to be a 6 PM Eastern draft (or slightly sooner) for me.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I've gotten word back from everyone but Paul and moot. You wouldn't happen to have another way to contact them, would you? I also need to send mk007 his invite, which I will do today.
The former still ostensibly uses IRC so he's pretty easy to at least get a message to; we'll see if he replies back to me. Moot I never had a clue.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
<MrE> cerowang makiri paul
<MrE> are you still in on fantasy football bro
<makiri> yeah
<makiri> why not

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MK007 I need you to accept your invite or I will invite someone else, please.

Finchinator Mega Ampharos you two are on deck in case MK007 fails to respond and/or moot decides he's out. Please PM me your emails just in case, and check them often as our draft is TOMORROW.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Last edited:
ok need some not so standard advice

I might have the opportunity to buy into a league with around a $5000 pot for significantly cheaper than the buy-in. However, it would mean having to pick between one of these autodrafted teams. Do either of these look like something that could work?

yeah, that's right, these two teams autodrafted eleven fucking tight ends and 0 WRs. luckily TEs can play in WR slots, and 8 teams ended up not drafting one because they assumed those players would drop TEs week one (rather than drop themselves out of the league xD)

I'm leaning towards team #2, palatable RBs, top QB, and Graham/Reed/Ertz should all perform about at replacement WR level. Some good managing and I could swing some trades for some underrated WRs, particularly targeting Pierre Garcon and maybe John Brown for someone like Bennett, and Devonta Parker or Demarius Thomas for Reed or Graham.

Any thoughts? Or are these teams hopeless?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
i'd go with team 2 -- you have a surefire top QB option, J Howard is likely to have another good season, and you have 3-4 top 10 TEs that can be salvaged. seems like more upside and less risk

would it still be worth the risk if I had to choose Team #1? Not really a fan aside from the QBs, McCoy and Gronk. Might be #1 or passing.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd take team 1 personally, Ryan and Cam are strong starter combos, can maybe package one with grink for a top tier WR, your RBs are risky but solid and Olsen+Rudolph is locked in value at TE or a mid range WR if you want to go that route. Definitely playable.

The quest is if you think you can get odds enough to win above the league value, if it's a 50 or 100 dollar buy in the risk-reward matrix is skewed heavily to the reward.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
why does a league with a $5000 pot have two autodrafted teams in the first place, let alone they drafted all non-waiver-worthy TEs

swear to fuckin god we better not have to push this shit back, although next sunday would be workable I suppose

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
why does a league with a $5000 pot have two autodrafted teams in the first place, let alone they drafted all non-waiver-worthy TEs

swear to fuckin god we better not have to push this shit back, although next sunday would be workable I suppose
Gonna have to if one of these clowns doesn't respond in time.

MK007 balakay97 Mega Ampharos fatty kamranlaker first one of you to pm me gets the last spot in league a. Draft is in less than an hour. If I haven't received a pm by 8:25 I am pushing the draft back two days

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)