The Next Type (Current Types: Dinosaur, Light, and Space)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It is now.
Also, how much longer do you want to discuss the type effectiveness etc. Valmanway? I'd recommend setting a deadline and then making a final decision.
Good idea. I think I'll make my final judgements on every idea submitted here in two days. After that, we move on to four more types.

Maybe Psychic should be SE against Dino, because most (MOST) dinosaurs weren't very intelligent. Also, how will the new types bedecided in the future? Will they be submitted and then polled, or just chosen?
I'll look over the submissions and choose which ones I like the most.

Last edited:
Reactions: EV

Valmanway

Hey new to this thread so can someone tell me the type effectiveness of dinosaur in terms of offense and defense again?
The thing is we're currently discussing what the type effectiveness should be. The types we're currently talking about are Fire, Ice, Steel, and Poison, and we see how Dino-type would work against them offensively and defensively. In two days, I'm going to look over the final results and determine which of them will be implemented.

The thing is we're currently discussing what the type effectiveness should be. The types we're currently talking about are Fire, Ice, Steel, and Poison, and we see how Dino-type would work against them offensively and defensively. In two days, I'm going to look over the final results and determine which of them will be implemented.
Ahhh I see thanks! In honesty I think Dino should also be super effective against Dino signifying competition between dinosaur species. Also, fire and water should be resisted by dinosaur as dinosaurs and reptiles in general thrive in hot and humid environments.

Valmanway

And I've made my verdict! Dinosaur-types now resist Fire, and are weak to Ice and Poison. Steel-types resist Dinosaur.

Next slate: Water, Ground, Electric, and Dark.

You have 4 days to discuss these four types.

Last edited:
I love this thread! :D
Anyways, let's get down to business!
Water: If Dino will be resisted to water, it will pretty much be the same as Dragon type. I don't really see Dino type being super effective against Water (They can drink it...?)
I think it should be:
X1 Offensive
X1 Defensive
Ground: This is a tough one. Ground will not be super effective on Dino, just to keep the meta balanced. I can see the option to make Ground resisted to Dino as a good one who can make Ground types a bit more useful on the defense side.
I think it should be:
X0.5 Offensive
X1 Defensive
Electric: Well, it's about time Electric type got 1 more weakness! And also another counter to this awesome yet powerful type!
I think it should go something like this:
X2 Offensive
X0.5 Defensive
Dark: Dark types can get their buff as they can pull some super effective damage against Dino type (darkness killing the dinosaurs and such..).
Maybe something like this:
X1 Offensive
X2 Defensive

(All the damages effectiveness are calculated from the Dino side)

Btw, My english is not the best so please forgive me :D

Alright, so this project could be fun...but it'll be getting out of hand really fast w/o making some new Pokemon on top of it. New types deserve more than just some serial-filing off of original Pokemon and some cloned moves...
With that said, on topic:

Water vs Dino is totally neutral; come on, there've been cases of dinosaurs drowning AND learning to swim. So yeah, x1 for both.
Ground vs Dino, Dinosaurs shake the ground up, but they can't really maul it, so Ground resists. Dino's neutral to Ground.
Electric vs Dino...now frankly, I think it ought to be x2 both; Dinos wrecked Jurassic Park's electrical defenses, but lightning bolts do a number on dinosaurs for sure.
Dark vs Dino throws Dark a bone; x2 Dark vs Dino, neutral the other way around.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Honestly I would just make Dino neutral vs all of those types, and those types neutral to Dino. That's my suggestion though - the others might be more fun tbh.

Valmanway

There really ins't as much activity going on here, so I'll extend the discussion time to next Monday, just to see of anyone else has a say within this time.

Water: I think that it should be neutral to dinosaur, and dinosaur neutral to it, both offensively and defensively.

Ground: as stated above, Dinosaurs cant do much to the ground, so ground should resist dinosaur. However, I don't think ground can do much to dinosaurs, because I feel that dinosaurs are rather stable and adapted to living in harmony with "mother earth".

Electric: I would say that electric should supereffective against Dinos, as Dinos are living creatures that can be electrocuted. And i think Dinosaur should be neutral to Dino.

Dark: In Japan, the dark type is known as the evil type I believe. Its weak to fighting, because fighting signifies the stereotypical good guys that fight against, and its weak to fairy because fairies are good, and good stereotypically triumphs against evil. The Dark type is weak to bug because bugs dont care about good or evil, they just go against what gets in their way. I think Dino should be supereffective against dark for the same reason, dinosuars dont care about good or evil.

Water: I think that it should be neutral to dinosaur, and dinosaur neutral to it, both offensively and defensively.

Ground: as stated above, Dinosaurs cant do much to the ground, so ground should resist dinosaur. However, I don't think ground can do much to dinosaurs, because I feel that dinosaurs are rather stable and adapted to living in harmony with "mother earth".

Electric: I would say that electric should supereffective against Dinos, as Dinos are living creatures that can be electrocuted. And i think Dinosaur should be neutral to Dino.

Dark: In Japan, the dark type is known as the evil type I believe. Its weak to fighting, because fighting signifies the stereotypical good guys that fight against, and its weak to fairy because fairies are good, and good stereotypically triumphs against evil. The Dark type is weak to bug because bugs dont care about good or evil, they just go against what gets in their way. I think Dino should be supereffective against dark for the same reason, dinosuars dont care about good or evil.
Correction: bugs are supereffective because they are nocturnal creatures. I think Dino should be neutral to dark

I think Dino should be like this
Offensive Defensive
Water X1 X1
Ground X1 X.5
Electric X2 X.5
Dark X1 X1

Valmanway

And we have the final results! Dino will hit Electric-types super-effectively, while all else is neutral to it. Dino will resist Electric-type moves, and will be neutral to everything else.

Next Slate: Fighting, Dragon, Flying, and Rock.

You have one week to discuss these four types.

Dragon, honestly, needs help. Some SE coverage would be well worth with those mythically empowered trumping the extinct.

Fighting already has 5 hits, plus if you try to punch fist sized charchardontasaurus teeth, you might not have your fist.

Dino should probably resist Rock, because... rock. Fossil... POSSIBLY even immune now that I rethink it. Then again, rock should resist it as well.

Flying... do I really want to touch the most prominent type of the current era?

I think most people are honestly a bit worn out on dino type. Personally, I'm waiting to move on to a new type.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, it is a pet mod. Therefore it should be moved to the pet mods subforum. Looks fun though, I'll try it once it's more developed.

I agree, I'm tired of discussing dinosaurs. But since it has to be done, I can see it having a Rock immunity (also, something not hit by SR would be cool), as well as resisting Dragon. Maybe resist Fighting as well, but not sure. Neutral to Flying. Dragon should also resist it, though, as the two are often seen as equals and thus neither would win a fight. Flying neutral again, Rock too. Still not sure about Fighting on the other end.

Valmanway

I think most people are honestly a bit worn out on dino type. Personally, I'm waiting to move on to a new type.
Yeah, I'm thinking of changing how we do things around here. I think I'll have a council help me decide how the type alignment works, and the rest of the community will add their thoughts and possibly suggest a change or two. Also, we'll be adding two new types to the table along with Dino to spice things up, totaling up to three types per discussion. I'll add in my personally desired choice, which is the Light-type, and the third type will be suggested by you guys. Me and the council will decide as a group which of the submitted types will be chosen.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Arcane-type can be interesting, or something in relation with Magic. This is mainly so Psychic isn't clustered with this type of stuff. Other ideas that I can think of are Sound- and Space-type.

Wars tend to be fought over the light type:

"It should be stuff like lasers and photons!"

"It'ss ONLY a dark counterpart and dark is evil! It must be holy things only!"

Me... well, I would post that clip of that little girl from the taco commercial if I had less tact... so WHY NOT BOTH?!

I want my laser beam paladins!

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Ice types should be immune to light since snow and ice are known for their ability to reflect sun rays.
Many ice types learning Mirror Coat (Cryogonal even learns Solarbeam naturally) further emphatizes this point.
Anything "dark" in color such as dark and ghost types should be weak to it for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)