NOC The Mafia Invitational [Setup phase] (Co-hosted by Texas Cloverleaf and Shade)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I apologise for poor flavour. Mobile is a bitch.

Welcome to the Circus Maximus Mafia Invitational 2018!

This game is a showcase of sorts. Right here in front of your very eyes we will pit the best mafia players Smogon has to offer in a No Outside Communication format game with one faction standing above the others and winning glory and bragging rights for themselves.

What makes this game special from others? Well, this game harnesses the core ethos of Smogon as a site and embraces elitism as every participant will have been specially invited to participate in this game!

The format for this game is tentatively set as follows; however, this game is about the players and as such, if any invitee wishes to propose an alternate setup or a rule change, such a proposal will happily be put to the field.

By default we have the following set up:
13 player No Outside Contact
10 town, 3 scum
Mountainous set up: all players are either Vanilla Town or Mafioso

Once again, if there is an alternate format the players would like to use such a change is doable, up to and including altering the size of the game (13-17 player limit)

Without further ado, let us proceed to the most important of this game, the invitees! I ask everyone invited to please post in this thread with their decision on playing. It is my hope that the prestige of this game warrants your desire and attention but if you choose to decline, please let us know. And so!

Our invitees!

Guaranteed slot if they so choose
- Asek (confirm IN)
- Yeti (confirm IN)
- Thetwinmasters (confirm IN)
- Da Letter El (confirm IN)
- Blazade (confirm IN)
- Josh (confirm IN)
- Walrein (confirm IN)
- Hawkie (confirm IN)
- Paperblade (confirm IN)
- LightWolf (confirm IN)

Secondary entrants/substitutes
- Former Hope (confirm IN)
- KnightsofCydonia (confirm IN)
- Aura Guardian (tvd)
- Haruno (confirm IN)
- UncleSam (confirm OUT)
- MoodyCloud (confirm IN)
- acidphoenix
- Blue_Tornado (confirm OUT)
- Jalmont (low priority)
- Empoof (confirm IN)
- Texas Cloverleaf* (confirm IN)
- Metal Sonic (confirm IN)

Is the intention for this game to commence at the conclusion of Metal Sonic's beginning NOC. The intermittent time will be used to come to decisions on finalizing of setup and of playerbase.

*I also desire to participate in this game and if allowed will pass all duties regarding Role PMs and alignment to Shade. However given my current role as host I wish for the pool of invitees to provide a consensus of whether this would be acceptable.

All this being said, I once again request that everyone invited please confirm your intent to play and/or sub, or your express desire not to be included.

Hope y'all are as excited as I am for what will surely be a phenomenal showcase of mafia skill and talent on this site :psyglad:

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really want to play but im relegated "secondary entrant' so rip ??

agree that 10:3 mountainous is scumsided, propose making it 13:3
The primary ten will be guaranteed slots, the 'secondary entrants' will fill/sub depending on the format and size. With enough confirms and the right format I'm happy to go with a 17p game and maximize inclusion

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i recall one of my mafia research group finding that even a 17:2 mountainous was scum-sided to above 50%. i didn't really believe them, but research is research i guess

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
in theory, 11:2 mountainous results in a town win just under 40% of the time. this ignores people being better than random at lynching, but really people are BARELY better than random overall. there's also the fact that, yknow, mountainous sux but :shrug:

btw I'm obvs cool with u playing texy

Texas Cloverleaf

in theory, 11:2 mountainous results in a town win just under 40% of the time. this ignores people being better than random at lynching, but really people are BARELY better than random overall. there's also the fact that, yknow, mountainous sux but :shrug:

btw I'm obvs cool with u playing texy
Hmu on discord with some ms setups and we can look into alternatives

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
12-3 mount was the mu s4 championship format

i won one and lost the other bc its rly easy to school kiddies in mountainous by bussing and weak games send ppl who go "well scum would just NEVER bus!!"

more scum wins than town still

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
really i don't have a super strong preference as far as setup goes but i'd prefer not a meme setup and something at least a little balanced (which i assume is the plan)

I'll play if it's something fun and not super serious (it looks like you're aiming for something tryhard so for now I'm /out)

*flex* please don't sign up if you think you might flake

Texas Cloverleaf

am I primary or secondary

I'll need to see about schedule before I decide
I had intended you as primary

In

Prefer mountaimous or c9++

Start date pref early jan late feb
I'd considered c9++, not opposed

Is zorbees dead?? Cos that guy was loads of fun
Zorbees declined in approval phase

I'll play if it's something fun and not super serious (it looks like you're aiming for something tryhard so for now I'm /out)

*flex* please don't sign up if you think you might flake
Yeah tryhard is fun tho ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)