Tournament The LC Tour 2(015) - Won by Heysup

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's that time of year again, everyone, and we're approaching the final event of the LC Curcuit, The LC Tour! Put your abilities to the test and compete in all three official LC metagames: ORAS, BW2, and DPP!

The LC Tour runs very similarly to Smogon Tour, except it will run for 6 weeks instead of 9. Every weekend there will be 3 tournaments, one each on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The time for the tours will also follow Smogon Tour:

Friday tours are held at 6pm EST.
Saturday tours are held at 4pm EST.
Sunday tours are held at 2pm EST.

You will only be allowed to play in 2 tournaments each weekend. If you attempt to enter all three your third entry will be ignored.

After a tournament is completed, points will be awarded based on how well you placed. When the weekend is over you will be given the highest amount of points earned from one tournament, so as to not put those that participated in a single tournament at a disadvantage. For example, if you earned 5 points from the Friday tour, but only 2 points from the Saturday tour, you will earn 5 points for that weekend.

Please reference these charts for an idea on point values:

Points will be scaled appropriately for tournaments with 16 or less players.

After the end of the 6 week cycle, the top 8 overall scorers will advance to a single elimination bracket playoff, where each match will be determined by a best-of-3 set using all three metagames. The first meta will be chosen by the higher seed player. Game 2's meta will be chosen by the loser of the 1st game, and Game 3 will be the remaining meta.

For this tour, Weeks 1 and 4 will be for DPP LC, Weeks 2 and 5 will be for BW2 LC, and Weeks 3 and 6 will be for ORAS LC. The schedule is as follows:

November 13, 14, 15: DPP
November 20, 21, 22: BW2

November 27, 28, 29: ORAS
December 4, 5, 6: DPP

December 11, 12, 13: BW2
December 18, 19, 20: ORAS

This tour will be hosted by many volunteers. At the time the tour is intended to start, the designated volunteer for that day will post a sign-up thread in which everyone is expected to post. The volunteer will also be responsible for posting each round in the thread. Games are to be played on the Smogtours (smogtours.psim.us) server. Further rules will be explained in the individual sign-up threads.

If you are interested in hosting any of the tours, please make a post in this thread indicating the specific dates when you can host. They will be first-come, first-serve to host for the first two tours you apply for in each of the two week periods. If you apply to host more than two within one of the two week groupings, you will be a substitute for the additional tours.

As a final note, there will be a vote sometime soon to determine Murkrow's legality in BW2. The results of that will be posted here and will applied to both Weeks 2 and 5 of this tour, as well as playoffs.

If you have any other questions concerning the format, volunteering, or something else to do with the event, I will do my best to answer them for you.

#

November 13th: GOAO. November 14th: Tricking November 15th: thecrystalonix
November 20th: GOAO. November 21st: Coconut. November 22nd: Tricking

Last edited:
in
a day later i realized this wasnt deleted so,, i can volunteer any dpp week

Last edited:

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
we don't need to post in in this, do we? i thought it was only in the threads once they start coming up

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Im free basically on all the tour dates but my schedule gets fucked up real easy so :[

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
thecrystalonix has offered to host the Sunday tournament. If anyone would like to host the tournaments coming up this Friday and Saturday, please get in contact with me ASAP.

Uh heey everyone! I missed the first tour yesterday so am still in or not for tonights tour and tomorrows tour or no?

Camden

Hey, it's me!
I apologise greatly for the lack of tour today. I wasn't able to secure anyone to host it and that's completely on me. To make up for it the third tournament for the weekend will be held tomorrow evening at 6pm EST, and I'll be hosting it myself. I know this is a huge pain to anyone that enjoyed the usual 2pm times, but I'll work on a way to make up for it.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
Because of previous circumstances and some other scheduling conflicts, today's live tour will start at 2pm instead of 4pm. My apologies to anyone this hurts and I hope it benefits you euros a bit more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)