The Heart of the Cards - Gen 7 Edition (Slate #9: Blissey, Claydol, Ampharos (Submission Phase))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting would've ended yesterday, but we have no votes, so I'll extend it!

Tagging everyone who submitted, like every Pet Mod owner, I don't like to do this, but the show must go on.

Ticktock
Pika Xreme
Exploudit

And to help, I'll add in my own votes too:

Suicune - Attack: Exploudit, Ticktock, Pika Xtreme
Suicune - Ability: Ticktock, Exploudit
Magnezone - Attack: Ticktock, Pika Xtreme, Exploudit
Magnezone - Ability: Exploudit, Ticktock
Gothitelle - Attack: lol
Gothitelle - Ability: Ticktock, Pika Xtreme

Suicune - Attack: Exploudit
Suicune - Ability: Ticktock
Magnezone - Attack: Pika Xreme
Magnezone - Ability: Exploudit
Gothitelle - Attack: Ticktock
Gothitelle - Ability: Ticktock

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Suicune - Attack: Exploudit, Ticktock, Pika Xtreme
Suicune - Ability: Ticktock, Exploudit
Magnezone - Attack: Ticktock, Pika Xtreme, Exploudit
Magnezone - Ability: Exploudit, Ticktock
Gothitelle - Attack: lol
Gothitelle - Ability: Ticktock, Pika Xtreme

Kinda surprised about how few people there are, especially since mine are pretty unique

Suicune - Attack: Exploudit
Suicune - Ability: Ticktock
Magnezone - Attack: Pika Xtreme
Magnezone - Ability: Exploudit
Gothitelle - Attack: rip
Gothitelle - Ability: Ticktock

Alright, with that day extension and 4 ballots, I feel that we have enough votes to reveal the results!

Winners (Click on the names of the winners for their post):
Points were based on the following scale:
IF:
1. (Worth 3)
2. (Worth 2)
3. (Worth 1)

IF:
1. (Worth 2)
2. (Worth 1)

IF
1. (Worth 1)

SUICUNE MOVE: Cure Stream by Exploudit
Exploudit: 3 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 8
Ticktock: 2 + 2 = 4
Pika Xtreme: 1 + 1 = 2

SUICUNE ABILITY: Wind Charm by Ticktock
Ticktock: 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 6
Exploudit: 1 + 1 = 2

MAGNEZONE MOVE: Tie
Ticktock: 3 + 3 = 6
Pika Xtreme: 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 6
Exploudit: 1 + 1 = 2

MAGNEZONE ABILITY: Electric Trans by Exploudit
Exploudit: 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 6
Ticktock: 1 + 1 = 2

GOTHITELLE MOVE: Tractor Beam by Ticktock
Ticktock: 0 = 0

GOTHITELLE ABILITY: Magic Barrier by Ticktock
Ticktock: 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 6
Pika Xtreme: 1 + 1 = 2

A tiebreaker is needed for Magnezone's move

Congrats to Exploudit, and Ticktock for winning!
Because you two won and since Pika Xreme might win, you 3 get to choose the next slate!
Each of you suggest of Pokemon for the next slate by the end of the day. The tiebreaker will go on during the slate.

HOF:
Ticktock has risen to Pokemon Prime rank on the Hall of Fame

Alright, It's been more than the end of the day yesterday, time to start the 4th slate!

Slate #4:
Everybody's favorite turtle that can summon a Drought, requested by Exploudit, it's TORKOAL:

Next, we have the family of the mascot, love 'em or hate 'em, requested by Pika Xreme, it's RAICHU:

(Alola form also gets the winning move and ability)
Lastly, we have an above average Normal-type turned OU staple, requested by Ticktock, it's CLEFABLE:

Deadline: Friday July 28th, 2017​

Last edited:

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
I would like to replace Linoone with my submission, Clefable. I would have done it before, but some page claiming I had the Zeus virus popped up and forced me to restart my computer.

I would like to replace Linoone with my submission, Clefable. I would have done it before, but some page claiming I had the Zeus virus popped up and forced me to restart my computer.
Good reason for not getting it in yesterday so I'll be sure to do that.

RIP Linoone :(

Will edit my submissions here later on btw

click here for the card for the move
click here for the card for the ability
Move Name: Black Soot
Appearance In The TCG: Diamond & Pearl - Legends Awakened
Base Power: 30
Power Points: 10-16
Accuracy: 100%
Elemental Type: Fire
Damage Category: Special
Effect: Burns the target and lowers its Speed by two stages
Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive (BP 100)
Target: Single Opponent
Makes Contact: No
Design Rationale + Competitive Corner: Pretty loyal to the card, kept the power and but adapted the card, in the games there's no way to burn and paralyze a foe simoultanneously, so I decided a Speed decrese would be the perfect replacement. Competitvewise, it allows Torkoal to become quite an annoying Wall, as this move is very annoying to switch into.
Ability Name: Hot Snort
Appearance In The TCG: HS - Unleashed
Effect: 30% chance to Burn any target when switching in
Replaces: Shell Armor
Design Rationale + Competitive Corner: Also pretty simple, I feel its good enough to compete with Drought as an ability slot.

Last edited:
Subs would've ended tomorrow, but I'm extending subs until we have at least 1 or 2 subs for each category, so be sure to get them in!

Move Name: Power Short
Appearance In The TCG: Raichu EX Emerald 97
Base Power: 65
Power Points: 16 (Max PP)
Accuracy: 90%
Elemental Type: Electric
Effect: Power is doubled if the foe has stat changes. Removes said stat changes from the target. Cannot damage or change stats of Pokemon with Clear Body and its variants. 10% chance to paralyze.
Z-Effect: Base 140 Power (Had to increase it from what the chart says by just a little .3.)
Target: Single Target
Special Properties: Bypasses substitutes (but does not break it).
Design Rationale: I thought that set-up is somewhat big part of OU. The one major counter to it was Marshadow and Spectral Thief, but that got quickbanned. I decided to make a more balanced version of Spectral Thief with this one. It just resets stat changes of any kind, rather than only steal boosts. Also, both Raichu forms are rather frail, meaning they can't stick around for long. It's essentially a combination of Clear Smog and Facade, and that alone should give the Raichus some sort of niche in OU, even if its a somewhat small one. It would likely be good on either the Nasty Plot set currently in the analysis for Raichu or a potential Focus Sash offensive utility set.

Ability Name: Voltage Increase
Appearance In The TCG: Raichu (Prime), Undaunted 83
Effect: Increases the power of Electric-type move by 1.5x.
Ability Replaced: N/A
Design Rationale: Like with Electric Trans, energy isn't a thing, so it boosts power instead. This makes Raichu actually pretty threatening in battle by making its Electric STABs hurt. A lot. Badly.

Move Name: Moon Barrier
Appearance In The TCG: Clefable XY-Breakpoint 82
Power Points: 10
Elemental Type: Fairy
Effect: During the opponents next turn if the opponent is a Dragon type, prevent all damage done by that Pokémon.
Z-Effect: 100 BP (the same effect)
Target: One target
Special Properties: N/A
Design Rationale: You thought Clefable was strong before? Now it is the ultimate Dragon type slayer! I made the move very weak and 90% accuracy to sorta balance it out. Also what i mean with the effect is that even if a Dragon type uses something like Fire Blast the turn after Clefable used Moon Barrier, it would fail.

Move Name: Moon Barrier
Appearance In The TCG: Clefable XY-Breakpoint 82
Elemental Type: Fairy
Effect: During the opponents next turn if the opponent is a Dragon type, prevent all damage done by that Pokémon.
Z-Effect: 100 BP (the same effect)
Target: One target
Design Rationale: You thought Clefable was strong before? Now it is the ultimate Dragon type slayer! I made the move very weak and 90% accuracy to sorta balance it out. Also what i mean with the effect is that even if a Dragon type uses something like Fire Blast the turn after Clefable used Moon Barrier, it would fail.
Two things-
1. Very underpowered. Yea the effect sounds OP, but it only works on one type. I would make it base 80-90 power.
2. Z moves lose their effects.

This isn't dead, is it?

Move Name: Hot Air
Appearance In The TCG: Team Magma’s Torkoal, EX Team Magma VS Team Aqua 12
Base Power: 60
Power Points: 10 (max 16)
Accuracy: 100
Elemental Type:

Damage Category:

Effect: Forces opponent to switch to a random teammate.
Z-Effect: Inferno Overdrive,120 BP
Target: Selected Target
Special Properties: -6 priority
Design Rationale: Torkoal is somewhat passive so a phasing move is very useful to remove an opponent trying to set up or to rack up hazard damage. It’s even boosted by STAB and sun, effectively giving it 120 BP, so it hits harder than one might expect. It can also be used to phase most Ghost-types that attempt to block Torkoal’s Rapid Spin.

Move Name: Grand Bolt
Appearance In The TCG: Raichu BREAK, BREAKThough 50
Base Power: 130
Power Points: 5 (max 8)
Accuracy: 90
Elemental Type:

Damage Category:

Effect: Lowers user’s Special Attack by 2 stages.
Z-Effect: Gigavolt Havoc, 195 BP
Design Rationale: Raichu and its Alolan form don’t have the highest Special Attack stat, so they normally need a Nasty Plot, Life Orb, and/or Electric Terrain boost to deal significant damage. Due to their terrible bulk however, they sometimes have difficulty setting up. This move allows them to deal much more damage than with Thunderbolt while being more accurate than Thunder, and it packs a punch when Electric Terrain is active.

Ability Name: Link Lightning
Appearance In The TCG: Raichu Lv. X, Stormfront 99
Effect: If the opposing Pokemon attempts to switch out, this Pokemon’s Electric-type attacks hit both it and the replacement Pokemon for 50% of the normal damage each. Secondary effects still have their normal activation chances. If Volt Switch is used, it will hit both Pokemon before the user switches out.
Ability Replaced:
Normal form: Static
Alolan form: Surge Surfer (the hidden one)
Design Rationale: The Raichus can force switches as the opponent tries to get a better matchup. This ability would allow the Raichus to punish any switches, as both the Pokemon switching out and the one switching in get hit. Nuzzle or Thunder Wave can potentially paralyze both targets in one turn, while any Electric-type attack provides useful chip damage on its own.

Move Name: Shining Fingers
Appearance In The TCG: Clefable, EX Unseen Forces 36
Base Power: 20
Power Points: 10 (max 16)
Accuracy: 85
Elemental Type:

Damage Category:

Effect: 100% chance to put the target to sleep.
Z-Effect: Twinkle Tackle, 100 BP
Design Rationale: Clefable is a very versatile Pokemon, but it sometimes has trouble setting up Calm Minds or being as supportive to its teammates as it would like. This move gives Clefable a relatively good chance to put the opponent to sleep, forcing switches and generally giving Clefable or its teammates free turns to do whatever.

Ability Name: Moon Guidance
Appearance In The TCG: Clefable, Plasma Storm 98
Effect: Before its turn, there is a 50% chance this Pokemon’s Special Attack stat will increase by 1 stage.
Ability Replaced: Cute Charm
Design Rationale: This ability allows Clefable to potentially be more offensively oriented, gradually increasing its offensive presence. Paired with Calm Mind, Clefable might increase its special attack by 2 stages in one turn.

Last edited:
Oh, well, hello again....

Well, I guess we can revive this since we now have 2 more subs (technically, it never died since I did say I was waiting for 1 or 2 subs per mon (Clefable didn't even have a sub until today), but let's not let that distract from the fact that this absence is my fault and I'm sorry).

Voting will open somewhere in the next 48 hours

Move Name: Circle Circuit
Appearance In The TCG: Raichu-XY 43
Base Power: 40
Accuracy: 100%
Elemental Type: Electric
Effect: This attack does 40 damage times the number of party Pokémon that don'tg have a status ailment or are fainted.
Z-Effect: 100 BP
Target: Single target
Design Rationale: So i guess this is a better version of Beat up, but instead of looking at the Attack stat, it looks at the Special Attack stat.

Also i'm sorry Reviloja753 if it was too underpowered, i'm not realy competetive.
And please don't say that, because now there are 3 people who have ridiculed me in Pet Mods....
Its like they want me to lose and feel bad.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
An attack for Clefable

Move Name: Fairy Power
Appearance In The TCG: HeartGold & SoulSilver (#3)
Base Power: -
Power Points: 5 PP (8 max)
Accuracy: 100
Elemental Type: Normal (:/)
Damage Category: Status
Effect: The user switches out. Every effects on the pokemon (such as status) are removed, and the pokemon heals 50%.
Z-Effect: The user heals completly.
Target: Self
Special Properties: -
Design Rationale: A really effective support move. In the TCG, getting your pokemon back to your hands is equivalent to remove the effects from it, I thought this was the best balanced way to represent the attack.

Voting Time once again!

Blaziken - Attack:
1. This dude (gets 3 points)
2. Yoshiblaze (gets 2 points)
3. This other dude (gets 1 point)

Submissions with the most points win!

Voting List:

Torkoal -

Exploudit automatically wins for ability

Raichu(-Alola) -

Clefable -

Origin0 automatically wins for ability

-

Voting will end ~Sunday

Torkoal - Attack:
1. Exploudit
2. Origin0

Raichu(-Alola) - Attack:
1. Reviloja
2. Origin0
3. Arno64

Raichu(-Alola) - Ability:
1. Pika Xreme
2. Origin0

Clefable - Attack:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. Origin0
3. Arno64

Torkoal-Move: Origin0, Exploudit
Raichu-Move: Origin0, Arno64, Reviloja753
Raichu-Ability: PikaXtreme, Origin0
Clefable-Move: Gravity Monkey, Origin0, Arno64

Also i am very sorry Yoshiblaze for not putting my submissions in the same post........ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)