The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i just saw the non td for pitt and i honestly believe that if alison caught that ball in the end zone and then lost it, it would have been a drop

pretty sure that's a catch in literally any other football league in the world, but the rule was applied correctly

even with all that, the steelers had a chance to win it by just converting first down before the pats got the ball to score or by not doing the worst fake play i have ever seen in my life, the fact that there were no TO's left meant that ben couldn't just sit on the ball, he had to get rid of it and stop the clock somehow. should have just thrown it way over the receiver, but really should have just spiked it and gone to overtime so the patriots could win anyway

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My hope is that Pittsburgh channels all that frustration and rage into the next meeting and beats them. We've seen that they're clearly capable, so I guess we don't have to resign ourselves to another patriots super bowl just yet. Sucks that now they get home field advantage when they shouldn't, but what can you do at this point. Onto the the playoffs.

Well, proof that the league doesn't know what's a catch in general. Raiders got a multiple bobble and ground hit and the challenge didn't overturn it. Ridiculous.

I've seen a lot of Raiders losses in my life (158, to be exact, since I started following the team), but I never thought I'd see them lose to a folded-over piece of paper.

The "Tom Brady is a system QB because Jimmy G played really well during his suspension" takes were always stupid.

But now its clear that they're stupider than anyone could have imagined.

What I learned this week (and by extension this season) is that no player should never lunge for a TD. The ridiculously harsh penalty for losing control of the football through the end zone (coincidentally the most important part of the field) outweighs the possibility of scoring.
Never try to score. Ambition will hurt you, bravery is foolish, and the easiest way not to fail is not to try.

The ending to that game was one of the biggest loads of bullshit I've ever seen. Straight shadiness. Ref fumbling on purpose to cost them time.
Lol did you see the calls this game, refs were atrocious but at least they called it bad on both sides. You can even see the guy whose leg he trips over in the replay.

Lol did you see the calls this game, refs were atrocious but at least they called it bad on both sides. You can even see the guy whose leg he trips over in the replay.
All orchestrated lol. Right before that, they didn't call a delay on the guy obviously pinning the receiver down after that last catch. Just makes it look shady.

Harrison guess:

Patriots
Vikings
Steelers
Rams
Eagles
Saints
Jaguars
Panthers
Falcons
Cowboys

Guessing he won't drop the Steelers down much because Brown will return. Or, he could. Rams jump after the giant win. Eagles stay afloat because Foles will work. However, they were letting NYG lead at one point. Cowboys get boosted into the list with them still in contention and getting Zeke back. He might even throw them ahead of the Falcons, who knows. Falcons basically has held the Wild Card spot since they beat Seattle (had wins in literally all the right places by then and lost vs AFC teams). Not as good as last year, but they got pieces.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, looks like Brady is a shoe in for mvp now. All of his competition conveniently got injured and/or suddenly started sucking for no reason. Seems fishy to me.

Guess this makes up for all the times he deserved it and didn't win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)