The Battle Spot Forum's Official 3v3 Tournament [Round 1!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to round 1 everyone!

This round will last tentatively from 3/20 to 3/26, bar extensions. Please contact your opponent as soon as possible!

Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. Different formes still count as the same Pokemon.
Item Clause: Each Pokemon must have a different item.
Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
Thankfully, Battle Spot rules were changed back to Pentagon, so Blue Pentagon rule is in effect.
Battle Spot/Maison/VGC species banlist in effect, basically this equates to Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Egg.
Pokemon above level 50 will be leveled down to 50
Single battle format, bring 6, pick 3.

Remember, you can achieve all this by selecting Flat Battle on the challenge screen.

Matchups for this round:

freekhoorn vs. ethan06
Omastar68 vs. HipolitoThe3rd Zukushiku
NOVED
vs. tj12182 Shad0wBlazze
a0161613 vs. Night Fallen Wolf
Demantoid vs. PumpedAaron
surgical_tubing vs. Mattapod
DragonWhale vs. Luiz Ricardo Interliche
cant say vs. jroxas
Brian12345 vs. Tommy Wagner average fella
Chras Ticktick vs. Mishimono
Wild locoghoul vs. Psynergy
Psychomew2
vs. kamikaze17
Impact vs. Marshmallow_king
Hyjack Memoria vs. Jhon
6tennis vs. Chadizard
aniravjain vs. Buckert

Full bracket can be found here for convenience: http://challonge.com/battlespotofficial

Feel free to discuss these matchups and make your own predictions below! IMO, highlight matches this round are freekhoorn vs. ethan06, Demantoid vs. PumpedAaron, and aniravjain vs. Buckert!

The list of substitutes who will replace inactive players this round, in order, is:

After your battle, please post the battle video in this thread so we all can watch! Even if you lost to something stupid, just be a big guy and do it :)

Please remember that because this is Double Elimination, if you lose this round, you are NOT out of the tournament yet!

Last edited:

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
managed to get quite lucky against kamikaze and won 3-0.

QLQG-WWWW-WW3P-FXG2
for the record, i dont think the luck affected the overall ending outcome of the match, unless I got obscenely lucky. It merely dug my grave sooner rather than later.

There was one mon I really should have just listened to my gut and brought but didnt. I just gotta practice more. You played well. Good luck in the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)