The Battle Spot Forum's Official 3v3 Tournament Discussion Thread [won by cant say]

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

What's up Smogon, this is bobochan and I am BACK for another episode of "The Battle Spot Forum's Official 3v3 Tournament" ranked prediction series.

The like goal for this post is EIGHT (8) likes so make sure to DEMOLISH that like button down below.
If the like goal is reached I will continue to make predictions so make sure to show your support for the Battle Spot forums.

If you hit the like button but didn't reach the like goal, make sure to share this post with your friends and anyone you think who might be interested so we can expand the BOBO fanclub and get more people to help reach that like goal.

Round 2 Predictions

ethan06 vs. Zukushiku
Comment: OZ OZ OZ OI OI OI!

NOVED vs. a0161613
Comment: Another easy round for NOVED the godsend with that op Drizzle. (ban/nerf pls)

Demantoid vs. ([R1] surgical_tubing vs. Mattapod)
Comment: You might as well send both of these guys to battle Demantoid at the same time. The hot favorite to take the entire tour. The only ones that are even close to his skill level are the Battle Spot regulars (see pic above).

DragonWhale vs. cant say [MATCH OF THE ROUND]
Comment: Clash of the Titans match right here. On the West, we have the Japanese Room Owner DragonWhale senpai. On the East, we have the supreme leader of the entire Battle Spot community from Australia, cant say. Cheering for the underdog here because I myself is from Asia.
What DragonWhale needs to win: A lot of ghosting from the top Japanese players infinitymcds and haban012.
What cant say needs to win: 4 beers and some maccas should do the job.
One thing's for sure: Whoever losess this match is going to SLAUGHTER the loser's bracket like no one's business for the rest of the tour.

Brian12345 vs. Ticktick
Comment: Ticktick is no match for the Battle Spot room regular Brian, go get 'em.

Psynergy vs. Psychomew2
Comment: Battle of the PSY's, this one is going to be tough for our Rayquaza master Psynergy senpai. After all, he's going up against a fellow PSY who took out kamikaze, the GOD of doubles. Either way I'll be cheering for my fellow QC member here coz he's chill and stuff.

Impact vs. Memoria
Comment: I have my eyes on Memoria, who took out Jhon, one of the most talented players in Battle Spot. Impact is good, but not good enough to overpower such a beast.

([R1] ShinySopheon vs. Chadizard) vs. Buckert
Comment: I totally underestimated this guy in the 1st round. This person's power level is no joke, it might even be close to 9000.

Loser's Bracket

freekhoorn vs. Omastar68
Comment: The BIBLE was a lie! Don't buy this.

Shad0wBlazze vs. Night Fallen Wolf
Comment: Shouldn't be too much trouble for the US young gun Shadow Blazing.

PumpedAaron vs. (surgical_tubing vs. Mattapod)
Comment: Aaron is getting PUMPED! after his big loss to Demantoid, he will be dying to crush some skulls here with his massive build that is Machamp, one player won't be enough for his thirst to CRUSH.

Luiz Ricardo Interliche vs. jroxas
Comment: Gotta hand it to both of these players for taking on the big two in the first round (DW senpai and cant say respectively). Luiz has more experience and foreign language under his belt so I'm leaning towards that.

average fella vs. Mishimono
Comment: Mishi can take on an average fella without too much trouble (hopefully).

locoghoul vs. kamikaze17
Comment: I have no idea what happened in the first round, it was literally over before I could even make a prediction. The GOD of doubles has some serious redemption to do here.

Marshmallow_king vs. Jhon
Comment: I like chocolate marshmallows but this is a different business. A tough journey ahead for our young talent but he's got what it takes to go far. PLEASE!

(ShinySopheon vs. Chadizard) vs. aniravjain
Comment: Alright what is going on here anirav, you have failed Hula and the Battle Spot council, you make sure you win this one otherwise I'm done rooting for ya.

What's up Smogon, this is bobochan and I am BACK for another episode of "The Battle Spot Forum's Official 3v3 Tournament" ranked prediction series.

The like goal for this post is EIGHT (8) likes so make sure to DEMOLISH that like button down below.
If the like goal is reached I will continue to make predictions so make sure to show your support for the Battle Spot forums.

If you hit the like button but didn't reach the like goal, make sure to share this post with your friends and anyone you think who might be interested so we can expand the BOBO fanclub and get more people to help reach that like goal.

Round 2 Predictions

ethan06 vs. Zukushiku

NOVED vs. a0161613
Comment: Another easy round for NOVED the godsend with that op Drizzle. (ban/nerf pls)

Comment: You might as well send both of these guys to battle Demantoid at the same time. The hot favorite to take the entire tour. The only ones that are even close to his skill level are the Battle Spot regulars (see pic above).

DragonWhale vs. cant say [MATCH OF THE ROUND]
Comment: Clash of the Titans match right here. On the West, we have the Japanese Room Owner DragonWhale senpai. On the East, we have the supreme leader of the entire Battle Spot community from Australia, cant say. Cheering for the underdog here because I myself is from Asia.
What DragonWhale needs to win: A lot of ghosting from the top Japanese players infinitymcds and haban012.
What cant say needs to win: 4 beers and some maccas should do the job.
One thing's for sure: Whoever losess this match is going to SLAUGHTER the loser's bracket like no one's business for the rest of the tour.

Brian12345 vs. Ticktick
Comment: Ticktick is no match for the Battle Spot room regular Brian, go get 'em.

Psynergy vs. Psychomew2
Comment: Battle of the PSY's, this one is going to be tough for our Rayquaza master Psynergy senpai. After all, he's going up against a fellow PSY who took out kamikaze, the GOD of doubles. Either way I'll be cheering for my fellow QC member here coz he's chill and stuff.

Impact vs. Memoria
Comment: I have my eyes on Memoria, who took out Jhon, one of the most talented players in Battle Spot. Impact is good, but not good enough to overpower such a beast.

Comment: I totally underestimated this guy in the 1st round. This person's power level is no joke, it might even be close to 9000.

Loser's Bracket

freekhoorn vs. Omastar68
Comment: The BIBLE was a lie! Don't buy this.

Comment: Shouldn't be too much trouble for the US young gun Shadow Blazing.

Comment: Aaron is getting PUMPED! after his big loss to Demantoid, he will be dying to crush some skulls here with his massive build that is Machamp, one player won't be enough for his thirst to CRUSH.

Comment: Gotta hand it to both of these players for taking on the big two in the first round (DW senpai and cant say respectively). Luiz has more experience and foreign language under his belt so I'm leaning towards that.

Comment: Mishi can take on an average fella without too much trouble (hopefully).

locoghoul vs. kamikaze17
Comment: I have no idea what happened in the first round, it was literally over before I could even make a prediction. The GOD of doubles has some serious redemption to do here.

Comment: I like chocolate marshmallows but this is a different business. A tough journey ahead for our young talent but he's got what it takes to go far. PLEASE!

Comment: Alright what is going on here anirav, you have failed Hula and the Battle Spot council, you make sure you win this one otherwise I'm done rooting for ya.
Not in picture, disappoint/10

Anyways R2 is hype. DragonWhale vs. cant say is the game to watch. They're both exceptional players.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was too late for predictions but I saw it coming. cant say just always beats DW, he's like in his head or something.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Word on the street is that there's a predictions ladder, so in my quest to win it all I've gotta do those too...

ethan06 vs. Zukushiku
NOVED vs. a0161613
Demantoid vs. surgical_tubing
Brian12345 vs. Ticktick
Psynergy vs. Psychomew2
Impact vs. Memoria
(ShinySopheon vs. Chadizard) vs. Buckert

freekhoorn vs. Omastar68
PumpedAaron vs. Mattapod
locoghoul vs. kamikaze17
(ShinySopheon vs. Chadizard) vs. aniravjain is ani really out??

Word on the street is that there's a predictions ladder, so in my quest to win it all I've gotta do those too...

(ShinySopheon vs. Chadizard) vs. aniravjain is ani really out??
Unfortunately yeah! :( I have so much school work to complete. I'm going to be really busy after tomorrow till like april 10th :/

Oh my, this seems to be one of y first forum posts even though I'm so active on the PS chatroom. Lets make this good!

ethan06
vs. Zukushiku
I apologize Zukushiki I don't know you or how you battle but I know that ethan is pretty good so I have to go for him here.

NOVED vs. a0161613
See my apology to Zukushiki to see why I pick NOVED here

If tubing wins here I think this can be a fun battle to see but in the end I think that Demantoid is just too fantastic.

DragonWhale vs. cant say
Holy crap this will be a great match I actually think it will be pretty close but I am going to go with cant say for this one

Brian12345 vs. Ticktick
Wow a third apology, and its the same as the other two.

Psynergy vs. Psychomew2
FOUR APOLOGIES! I should really come on the forums more!

Impact vs. Memoria
I cant make a call on either for this match since i dont know either of you

See Impact vs Memoria

Loser's Round
These guys are down but not out except aniravjain and i look forward to seeing how this goes

freekhoorn vs. Omastar68
LET'S GO LORD HELIX!!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY need to come on the forums more.

I'm rooting for you here Aaron so don't let me down!

SIXTH APOLOGY!
I have seen both of these guys but not enough to actually know who will win here.

locoghoul vs. kamikaze17
SEVENTH APOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to go for Jhon since he does seem to be pretty good here.

Too bad about anira but I hope school slows down for you soon :(

If I'm late with the predictions then meh, I'll just have to come back for the third round I suppose.​

Hey guys i was wondering when i looked at the bracket what the points for each player mean. As in there are people with 7 points and some with all the numbers below that. How are they calculated, and what do they mean for the rest of the tournament? Do they have any influence on matchups or other things?

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hey guys i was wondering when i looked at the bracket what the points for each player mean. As in there are people with 7 points and some with all the numbers below that. How are they calculated, and what do they mean for the rest of the tournament? Do they have any influence on matchups or other things?
I think it's how many times that player was predicted to win. They won't effect the actual tournament.

Joint Cena

I swear I'm nice!
freekhoorn Just for reference broski on how the player did Vs. that player. what Demantoid said is also correct

Edit: This whole thing is just for fun :)

Last edited:

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, so I have some thoughts on the tournament as we're close to closing up our second round. I am the tournament host but I'll be a little biased in this thread.

First of all ShinySopheon seems to be on a roll because she has just cleaned up two dudes in one week. She seems to be a player to watch out for. They both have another opponent each to beat, but I'm really hoping Psynergy and Sopheon find each other in round 4 because that'd be a hype match. I'm gunning for Psynergy to win the tournament so hopefully he wins his side of the bracket.

The upper half the bracket is stacked as hell though, there are a ton of big names up there. So it's really a toss up to who will win there. Demantoid vs. cant say will be a good game, I think. Demantoid knows his opponents well but cant say has the resources to be unpredictable (as in he has a lot of Pokemon) so we'll see how that goes. Still, beyond them, we have NOVED, ethan06, Zukushiku, and anumeros in that bracket too. It's freaking packed. No idea who's gonna come out on top there.

Hulavuta

Oh okey! And will the scores of the battles (3-0 etc.) have influence on the tournament? Or is it just for reference too?
freekhoorn Just for reference broski on how the player did Vs. that player. what Demantoid said is also correct

Edit: This whole thing is just for fun :)
The actual reason is because there is no way to just put win or lose on challonge...so I decided to put in the actual scores.

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Round 1 usages are now complete! Updated with Mattapod v Surgical_tubing and Chadizard v ShinySopheon Kind of surprising to see Garchomps's win percentage so low.

upload_2016-3-30_17-48-19.png

Also Hulavuta are you saying you don't think I have tons of mons too? And will the next winners bracket matches be in two weeks (starting the 10th or something)?

Hulavuta

Also Hulavuta are you saying you don't think I have tons of mons too? And will the next winners bracket matches be in two weeks (starting the 10th or something)?
No, I wasn't saying that. I was saying that cant say does, but never said or implied that you don't. And the winners bracket matches will continue as usual, we'll probably take the break
after Round 4 or winners' finals, I haven't decided yet.

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Round 3

Zukushiku vs. NOVED
Comment: To be honest, I personally did not expect this match up, but gotta give credit to the man Zuku for taking out one of our top players from Australia. NOVED the godsend still has 3 rounds of Drizzle left but nevertheless this will be a test. If he (NOVED) lets his guard down here, its all over.

------------------------

Demantoid (Battle Lv: 95) vs. cant say (Battle Lvl: 94) [MATCH OF THE ROUND]
Comment: Lookatdemlegs... Ahem, here it is broski's, the match we've all been waiting for. From the West, we have THE #1 player of every single Battle Spot format there is. Arguably the best cart player of our generation (formerly Jibaku the King of UBERS and closely followed by Theorymon [GIVE ME THE Z NYOW GAMEFREAK!]). He is well prepared for any kind of situation and he's the kind of player that can turn hax against him into hax for him. On the East side, we have our leader of Battle Spot community, and of course number one seed from the land down under. For taking out the greatest Japanese streamer of all time and my senpai DragonWhale, I gave him an extra battle level to boost his confidence. Without a doubt, toughest match for cant say to date. Although our beloved Australian is infamous for taking out top Japanese players (infinitymkds and DragonWhale), let's how well he fares against the USA. Whoever takes this match has that extra 10% in taking the entire tour (coz let's face it, we can't afford to exclude NOVED the godsend and the big guns in loser's bracket DragonWhale + Jhon here). Twas a super difficult decision for me, but I will be going with Demantoid here, as the old say goes: The mind shall vanquish the sword.
What Demantoid needs to win: In order to beat cant say, he absolutely needs to bring his A-game with him on the day/night.
What cant say needs to win: Have a volleyball next to you while you play, this will be the lucky charm that might turn the odds to your favour.

Brian12345 vs. Psynergy [Highlight Match]
Comment: Brian12345 has proven himself time after time as one of the top players in the Battle Spot PS! room, while Psynergy's participation rate in the room tours is the only thing letting him down, he has both the skills and knowledge to be on par with any of the Battle Spot regulars. This will be a titanic and much overshadowed due to the fact we have Demantoid going up against cant say, but whoever wins this one will truly have deserved the win. Predicting a close 1-0 here for either players.

Memoria vs. ShinySopheon
Comment: Going with ShinySopheon here since Hula hyped her up so much -.-

Loser's Bracket

Buckert vs. freekhoorn
Comment: Was gonna root for ya but it seems you went ahead and kicked the bucket, unfortunate but you did well in taking out the bible (Omastar68).

Impact vs. Shad0wBlazze
Comment: Still going with the US young gun Shadow here, other than his first round loss to NOVED the godsend, this kid has been performing extremely well indeed.

Psychomew2 vs. Mattapod
Comment: Looks like Psynergy managed to come on top last round, this should be a relative easy win for ya unless hax of course.

Ticktick vs. jroxas
Comment: This guy is the real deal. I've played him in a room tour and lost miserably despite using my haxy Eevee core. Jroxas has proven himself to be a player with quite a bit of skills.

DragonWhale vs. average fella [Highlight Match]
Comment: I was going to say DragonWhale slaughters the loser's bracket after going down to cant say, but unfortunately for senpai average fella isn't a bad trainer at all. Average fella became famous after his 5 min flash cart team assemble which he went on eventually to win the tour. But still, this is Battle Spot Singles here and DragonWhale senpai might be too "hot" to handle for our average fella here.

surgical_tubing vs. locoghoul
Comment: NLHF

a0161613 vs. Jhon
Comment: One of the strongest players in loser's bracket right now, shouldn't be too much of a problem for our talented Jhon Cena.

ethan06 vs. Chadizard

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Round 3

Zukushiku vs. NOVED
Comment: To be honest, I personally did not expect this match up, but gotta give credit to the man Zuku for taking out one of our top players from Australia. NOVED the godsend still has 3 rounds of Drizzle left but nevertheless this will be a test. If he (NOVED) lets his guard down here, its all over.
It's a shame Zukushiku's 3DS cannot be charged so must be dq'ed from the tourney. I was highly anticipating this match too u.u

Joint Cena

I swear I'm nice!
Round 3 Matches

Tour getting hype on winners side
Zukushiku vs. NOVED
Demantoid vs. cant say
Brian12345 vs. Psynergy
Memoria vs. ShinySopheon

Buckert vs. freekhoorn
Impact vs. Shad0wBlazze
Psychomew2 vs. Mattapod
Ticktick vs. jroxas
DragonWhale
vs. average fella
a0161613 vs. Jhon
ethan06 vs. Chadizard

Sorry peeps that I couldn't update this earlier. College and a job can really stress you out D;
Bobo posting his S Tiers predictions before I can even update olol. My predictions are bolded as well as hype games.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Zukushiku vs. NOVED
Demantoid vs. cant say
Brian12345 vs. Psynergy (sorry gus)
Memoria vs. ShinySopheon

Buckert vs. freekhoorn
Impact vs. Shad0wBlazze
Psychomew2 vs. Mattapod
Ticktick vs. jroxas
DragonWhale
vs. average fella
a0161613 vs. Jhon
ethan06
vs. Chadizard

deman and I are playing sometime next week as he's busy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)